It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are being LIED to about Syria and Chemical Weapons Use

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Yes sloppy. It was reported in January

Please read my first post. Just above yours.

I wanted to make a thread but I cant till I post 20.

Please read. Worth spreading.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SomethingsJustNotRight

I am very aware of the leaked memo, and it is very important to what is going in Syria right now. I also think that the players don't care that much, an inconvenience to be sure but propaganda is in full effect right now. I think that we are entering the next level of the game where those who are informed of what's really happening are jumping up and down saying look at this. The other segment of the population will either wake up or fall even further into the illusion.

The big question should be what do they plan on doing to all the people that are awake and aware? Georgia Guidestones ring a bell?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

I can't make a thread iz all and I don't think this pertinent article has been revisited yet? Can't see it being discussed.
edit on 26-8-2013 by SomethingsJustNotRight because: grammar

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Star and Flag, my friend...

You are not the only one who shares the view you do. I myself have been shouting from the rooftops, especially this past year, that what's playing out in Syria - and all over the Middle East - is a western, Saudi, Israeli backed organized attempt at all out chaos. These rebels are nothing but paid-for-hire thugs, mercenaries, and terrorists who either willing or unwittingly are playing their role as patsy.

Ron Paul and many other intelligent people have asked the question: Cui bono? Who benefits? Does Assad and Syrians government gain or benefit from attacking its own civilians with chemical weapons? In my opinion, this does not jive. It's quite obviously (not to mention the evidence to support this) a frame up, an attack expertly placed and carried out, made to appear disastrous enough, and easily blamed on the Assad government. This is the same scenario we've seen played out over and over and over again... And I'm not being dramatic. The same tactics being applied in Syria and Libya before it are the same tactics used in Vietnam in order to engulf the region in flames. Students of history and government should not be surprised.

This is my thread created in April: www.abovetopsecret.com...
"Can You Hear the War Drums Beating? - Syria"

The complexities of the motivations of the powerful people in our world are close to impossible to decipher, but it is achievable. We must stick together and disseminate all we find out, everything we study, and provide the facts and proof necessary to change minds. War is the cancer that is destroying this great country and all ills spring from it. The national security state we live under, born out of the military industrial complex, will see us all caged or murdered before its self serving objectives are completed. Now is the time to speak, but more importantly, now is the time to act.

Good luck everyone.

Edit to add:
I originally meant to reply because I agree wholeheartedly with your theory Syria must fall for a reason. And I've been saying for a while now that reason is Iran. I agree with you there. Syria must fall before an attack on Iran takes place. This is the reason for their urgency and the multiple failed attempts at framing the Assad government for chemical weapons attacks which would provide the justification for elevated military action and an official involvement of the US military.
edit on 26-8-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Please Read

Jan 28 Article. US on Syria. Memory holed.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SomethingsJustNotRight

I was actually unaware of that event. Thanks for the share.

Just another little brick to build our wall of resistance with. They do their best not to have leaks like that but every now and then we catch one and register it before it's swept away into oblivion.

That's exactly how they would do it too. A plan gets sent out from and sanctioned by DC, maybe to a defense contractor or a foreign government like Qatar. Maybe they say no, maybe they say yes... And a plan is carried out. A bombing. An attack. Then the media steps in and does it's job, which is OH so important.

It's not hard, not for them at least. When you're the federal government of the US you have almost infinite resources.. at least all the money provided by us, the people, working our butts off to pay taxes, taxes that end up in the coffers of a giant multinational defense contractor building drones that bomb Yemeni children into a million little pieces right in front of their parents, thus creating anti-US sentiment and breeding new terrorists for years to come and justification for WAR for years to come...

Talk about insanity. BTW As I was writing this post I'm getting the headlines on my phone of John Kerry and his announcement that Assad used chemical weapons. What a tool

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Why act so surprised at this?

In Clark's book, Winning Modern Wars, published in 2003, he describes his conversation with a military officer in the Pentagon shortly after 9/11 regarding a plan to attack seven Middle Eastern countries in five years: "As I went back through the Pentagon in November 2001, one of the senior military staff officers had time for a chat. Yes, we were still on track for going against Iraq, he said. But there was more. This was being discussed as part of a five-year campaign plan, he said, and there were a total of seven countries, beginning with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Iran, Somalia and Sudan."

General Wesley Clark
edit on 26-8-2013 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
GOOGLE: General Wesley Clark.

he TOLD us this was going to happen..YEARS ago.

America will invade 7 countries in 5 years.

Open your eyes people. Bush, Obama..whatever...there is no difference. Get out of the two party paradigm, support real grassroots efforts.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggm
The US now controls the massive natural oil field that is Iraq.

The US now controls Afghanistan's huge production of opium for the pharmaceutical industry.

The US will soon control the Syrian gas pipeline.

Its so obvious to me what is going on.

Tell me how the US controls the oil fields in Iraq? I can agree with you on the Opium, but the oil? Have you checked the price of gas lately? I have not seen any benefit what so ever for the USA.

And the Gas? Have you seen the Marcallus Gas play? We have more gas in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains than there is in all of the middle east TIMES 1000. So why would we want such a puny amount of gas from Syria?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by phantomjack
I have been preaching this for 6 months now. We are being lied to. Assad would not use chemical weapons -- he doesnt have to! He has plenty of conventional weapons at his disposal. Why would he risk being "taken out" by this rogue US White house that has taken out Mubarak, Quadafi, and even Hussein? 3 Dictators taken out so far. and now a forth?

How convenient for the White House. Look at the language they are using: Terms like "we must act" and "time is drawing near" and "we must prevent additional chemical weapons use"

“Based on the reported number of victims, reported symptoms of those who were killed or injured, witness accounts, and other facts,” a senior administration official tells ABC News, “There is very little doubt at this point that a chemical weapon was used by the Syrian regime against civilians in this incident. We are continuing to assess the facts so the President can make an informed decision about how to respond to this indiscriminate use of chemical weapons.”

SOURCE

Just take the time to watch this interview of Assad. Does this look like a tyrant? Does this man look like he would gas his own people? Don't you get a sense that Assad is more meek than he is a killer?

The White House or TPTB want this guy dead or exile or imprisoned because IMHO he is standing in someone's way of something. Is he standing in the way of taking down IRAN? Syria is heavily armed. Syria would stand by IRAN and provide IRAN with support. So what better way -- make Assad look like a killer -- plant the poison gas and make it look like HE did it, when it was in fact a CIA backed rebel movement that did it.

I am so sick and tired of this crap.

I know that your post is popular with so many star and falgs!

Yes we are being lied to... We get lied to everyday by the TPTB..

But your op is Naive in the Extreme and relies on you feelings and opinions.

Assad is from a family of mass murderers of which he is one. Make no mistake about it
he may or may not have used chemical weapons.. but he is a proven mass murderer of his own
people.

Again, I appreciate your criticism, but you and others have made the same statement, and I have asked to cite your references of this supposed murderer. Yes, nobody does.

Can you?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by mekhanics
reply to post by phantomjack

This is old news folks! I guess people missed this one:

U.S. ‘planned to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad’

There might be som truth in that link you posted. There have already being used Chemical weapons in the Syrian conflict. But the odd thing is; that insident wasnt enough for Obama to act.

Why didnt the US act when the rebles used Chemical weapons the first time?

Is that because it is Okay for Obama that the rebeles use Chemical weapons agaisnt the Public, but not okay for Assad?

This is what it looks like to me.

I think it had something to do with timing. He wass waiting for some other deflection and was not ready for this one.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurius
[/quote]

Thanks for participating in the thread, but can you give us a bit of a summary as to the content of this video, and perhaps a statement or two?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Assad is an awful brutal dictator like leader.He is not as crazy as Hitler or Stalin or Mao.He still is a awful dictator to to put up with.After the false info on Iraq having wmds I am not sure I trust the U.S.declaring that Assad is the one who fired the chemical weapons.Assad still is a dictator though.

I am beginning to sound like a parrot. Please cite cases that show that Assad is a "awful brutal dictator".

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Just take the time to watch this interview of Assad. Does this look like a tyrant? Does this man look like he would gas his own people? Don't you get a sense that Assad is more meek than he is a killer?

if he is meek then don't you think many in their military might think he's a weak leader and might not listen very well and think to use whatever weapons they want to suppress the rebels regardless of his orders?

Syria hasn't been stable in forever and this conflict has only made it worse, with the situation and weak leadership it's quite possible the military refuses to listen or the military might even be the ones in control of things.

whether assad is a tyrant or not, the fact is that no leader ever has absolute power and has to deal with others who might act against their will and when there's civil war this issue is magnified many times and power shifts all over the place.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Originally posted by justwokeup

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm not sure what to believe TBH.

Earlier today the UN Convoy were shot at by Snipers which means somebody doesn't wan them going to the lace of supposed Chemical attack!

And may Assad doesn't look like he would do this to his own people but look back at what Gaddafi did to his and Mugabe did/does to his.... It is very hard to tell who is capable of doing what to who just by the way someone talks or dresses!

Looks are irrelevant.

What is relevant is a dispassionate look at who gains and who loses through chemical weapons use.

The regime gains little. They have over the summer stabilised the situation and with the assistance of hezbollah forces retaken some ground lost earlier. They dont need it.

The rebels gain everything. If the west intervenes on thier behalf they get to watch as the west gives them the keys to the nation.

I have no evidence so cannot say with certainty either way, but on balance looking at motive I think it more likely the rebels again.

What if the plan was for the rebels to get the blame because perception would be influenced mainly on who gains and who loses! And if no evidence left to inspect....well!

Doesn't make any sense. Why would a regime who after three years and 100,000 dead on all sides has gained the upper hand and momentum take a gamble on such a thing. There is down side for them and no upside.

There is no chance the western world will turn on the rebels whatever they do as they want Assad gone for other reasons. There is already strong indications the rebels used chemical weapons, from the UN no less. The story died because it doesn't fit the narrative being constructed.

This whole thing stinks of bull#.

These are very important points because the naysayers who are still backing up washington refuse to look at the big white elephant. It's about the motive. The intent in washington is clear. Their agenda is nothing more than a lie. Regardless of what Assad might be guilty of (or allegedly because Zionists have been working on him for some time to discredit him... way before this war), there is no way we should be putting our efforts into backing these rebels.

They will shuffle and tap dance all around it but they are kidding themselves if they think average people can't see this. Intelligence in washington is really screwing themselves over big time. Just because they want to direct attention away from what is obvious, doesn't mean the people will follow suit. They shove a fact to the back of their minds and focus everything they have on covering it up... so of course they are going to be out of touch with what is obvious to people. Denial builds itself on a foundation of lies. The people do not have the same need to ignore the truth... therefore their critical thinking will allow them to see what intelligence spends all it's effort on trying NOT to see.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
I have not read this entire thread, so I'm not sure if this has been answered already, but can someone explain to me why Assad didn't let UN inspectors in immediately? Now US officials are saying that its too late because their may not be any evidence preserved.

It's clear to almost everyone who has the motive to pull off the chemical attacks, however I just don't understand why Assad dragged his feet on getting inspectors in there.

I think the better question is not why Assad didnt allow them, but rather why the rest of the world didnt demand it either. Why did not Obama request it?

After all, he drew the red line, didn't he?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
Star and Flag, my friend...

You are not the only one who shares the view you do. I myself have been shouting from the rooftops, especially this past year, that what's playing out in Syria - and all over the Middle East - is a western, Saudi, Israeli backed organized attempt at all out chaos. These rebels are nothing but paid-for-hire thugs, mercenaries, and terrorists who either willing or unwittingly are playing their role as patsy.

Ron Paul and many other intelligent people have asked the question: Cui bono? Who benefits? Does Assad and Syrians government gain or benefit from attacking its own civilians with chemical weapons? In my opinion, this does not jive. It's quite obviously (not to mention the evidence to support this) a frame up, an attack expertly placed and carried out, made to appear disastrous enough, and easily blamed on the Assad government. This is the same scenario we've seen played out over and over and over again... And I'm not being dramatic. The same tactics being applied in Syria and Libya before it are the same tactics used in Vietnam in order to engulf the region in flames. Students of history and government should not be surprised.

This is my thread created in April: www.abovetopsecret.com...
"Can You Hear the War Drums Beating? - Syria"

The complexities of the motivations of the powerful people in our world are close to impossible to decipher, but it is achievable. We must stick together and disseminate all we find out, everything we study, and provide the facts and proof necessary to change minds. War is the cancer that is destroying this great country and all ills spring from it. The national security state we live under, born out of the military industrial complex, will see us all caged or murdered before its self serving objectives are completed. Now is the time to speak, but more importantly, now is the time to act.

Good luck everyone.

Edit to add:
I originally meant to reply because I agree wholeheartedly with your theory Syria must fall for a reason. And I've been saying for a while now that reason is Iran. I agree with you there. Syria must fall before an attack on Iran takes place. This is the reason for their urgency and the multiple failed attempts at framing the Assad government for chemical weapons attacks which would provide the justification for elevated military action and an official involvement of the US military.

Thanks PG2. At least there are two of us screaming at the top of our lungs. But, like horton hears a who, is anyone listening?

What I like best is how the video shows women and children involved in the supposed chemical attack. If Assad were using chemical weapons, wouldnt he target the rebels who are trying to over throw him? Why is it that the western media just flops head over heals to show us the devastating effect of the nerve gas on 10 year olds?

What a bunch of crap. C-R -A-P

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

That's a fair point, I think we know why Obama didn't request it. I still am trying to figure out why Assad wasn't begging them to inspect the crime scene, or maybe he did but that message didn't make it back to the states yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Assad is an awful brutal dictator like leader.He is not as crazy as Hitler or Stalin or Mao.He still is a awful dictator to to put up with.After the false info on Iraq having wmds I am not sure I trust the U.S.declaring that Assad is the one who fired the chemical weapons.Assad still is a dictator though.

I am beginning to sound like a parrot. Please cite cases that show that Assad is a "awful brutal dictator".

Thanks.

They will try to bring up the Hariri assassination but the fact is, Hariri's own side and the "future movement" that is connected to western interests in Lebanon had a lot more to gain with his assassination than Assad did. There were bank scandals that stemmed out of bunk real estate ventures and the oil for food program that also somehow got blamed on Assad. These things happened in Lebanon and it's really hysterical. This is why I cannot consider Hezbollah a terrorist organization compared to the Future movement. They should be commended for tipping the scales of Lebanese politics after one of the leaders of the future movement became an heir to billions after his fathers death (Hariri). The younger Hariri seemed to automatically know that it was Assad who had his father assassinated and has not considered any alternative to this theory from the very start. The Future Movement had more to gain than anyone and the narrow minded view of that incident is actually very revealing on the part of his own son. The Future Movement is also connected to leaders with direct relationship to the 911 hijackers...I forget his name though...Jarrah I think. It's all very interesting and when you look into the mess that has been going on in Lebanese politics you will see one of the biggest examples of terrorist western backed Zionism. This is why even now, Israel will not stop attacking Lebanon. It needs Syria out of the way because Assad has had Lebanon's back before and became very involved. This is why the US calls Hezbollah a terrorist organization. It is desperately trying to take legitimacy away from Lebanese politics because it wants to topple Lebanon as well.

If you really want to open people's eyes into why Syria is very likely not guilty of many of the things that it's being accused, research the Future Movement in Lebanon, the Hariri assassination and why Hezbollah is so serious against Zionism and why Hezbollah is Israels main target in many cases. There are so many pieces to the puzzle there. It's very revealing.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjackWhy is it that the western media just flops head over heals to show us the devastating effect of the nerve gas on 10 year olds?

Totally agree, I saw CNN showing the faces of those poor little kids and thought those b*stard* don't have any conscience whatsoever!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join