It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's a really good TV show to get into???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I tend to think I've seen a lot of the good action, adventure, sy fi type of shows, but I'm pretty open minded. Looking for something that really draws you in and hooks you???? Any suggestions???

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
My answer to this question is always Star Trek: Deep Space Nine...It's got action, drama, mind-blowing sci-fi, great writing, engaging stories, and a stunning visual style. What more do you want?

nobody heeds my advice though

edit on 25-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

NFL.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I agree with the Deep Space Nine actually. Anything Star Trek. There are so many great episodes from TNG!

Try some of the following shows as they are my favorites, so therefore they are each a "10" in my book:

Las Vegas, Leverage, Suits, Burn Notice, White Collar, Magic City, NCIS, The Sopranos.
There are many, many more, but I figured you wanted, for the most part, recent shows.

I think "The Walking Dead" is probably THE biggest bandwagon TV show. It's good, but not as good as some make it out to be. I actually asked a few people why they like it and they actually said they never saw it --but it must be good because, get this, "everyone seems to like it!"

That is what about 6 people have said to me. So, take those 6 who like it but never saw it and times that by around 30 that I've asked altogether and you have alot of passengers on this bandwagon out there enjoying non-entertainment.

The Walking Dead is on my Watch List though.

Also, you have to consider watching these shows as well. I'm in the middle of watching them. I'd give them a rating so far of a 9:

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Hell On Wheels, Copper.

For Reality Shows, I'm VERY picky. I've done ALOT of research on many upon many "Reality" shows and found that many are not reality at all! THE absolute worst one is probably that towing one that big guy with the horrible crew cut! Duck Dynasty is also horrible.

But, some good reality shows in my book are:

Chasing Classic Cars (who would not want to have Wayne Carini's job??)
Airplane Repo
Face Off (you gotta check out these very talented make-up artists!)
American Restoration
Mythbusters

Hope this helps!
Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Deep Space Nine is equal to or greater than TNG

They're both very good. One just has to decide if they prefer the one-shot episode storytelling of TNG, or the story arcs and sagas of DS9. That's the only reason I recommend DS9 over TNG...I love me some involved stories that go beyond a 45 minute episode.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Breaking Bad

New Season Starts Sunday Night EST USA.

Exceptional Acting Skills and Subject Matter.

You can watch the previous drama for free on Net Flix.

and don't forget... The new Forum Episode on ATS this coming Monday.

edit on 25-8-2013 by Wildmanimal because: Updated Info

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I like your Avatar.

I still listen to that great album now and then.

Somewhere I have an original printing with all the fold out gimmicks.

In Perfect Condition.

As far as Star Trek... the original 60's episodes said it all. Nothing Compares to the Real Thing.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Wildmanimal because: Truth

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Have you tried. .. .

Baretta
Starsky & Hutch
Rockford Files
or
Magnum P.I.
Reruns?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I like your Avatar.

I still listen to that great album now and then.

Somewhere I have an original printing with all the fold out gimmicks.

In Perfect Condition.

As far as Star Trek... the original 60's episodes said it all. Nothing Compares to the Real Thing.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Wildmanimal because: Truth

I am jealous! I've never been able to find any ELO albums in any of the used record shops..and even if I did, I'm sure they wouldn't be in pristine condition like yours. I'm sure it'd be worth a little bit of money if it's a first pressing with all the art intact.

It's funny because I like your avatar too. One of the greatest, most iconic moments of film ever!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Breaking wind, the walking dog, babylon atlantis, star gate 9, uhh..

the simpsons?

you said sy fi. I hate syence. It killed the good tv shows and made it all "meet sally, a twenty something from up sate new york, who has found herself in an office in down town new jersy. With a gang of whacky other twenty something, what mischief can they find themsevles in. Find out in our new season premiere of, Blah! Tuesdays at 8:30."

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Orange is the New Black on Netflix. It's the female version of OZ,the prison show that was on HBO years ago.

The difference is it's not nearly as graphic. But it's a damn good show.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If you want a good laugh check out Duck Dynasty on A&E. I hate reality TV but this show is amazing.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'd have to say, I can not wait for October to get here for the new season of The Walking Dead. Duck Dynasty is a good one to. Si makes the show. Of course, anything on the History channel.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I tried The Walking Dead. Couldn't get into it.

Give 'The Dome' a try. You can catch up with 'On Demand' and see the few back shows.

Also .. hockey season is coming .. that's ALWAYS good!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm a pretty big fan of Sherlock on BBC. And if you like fairy tales, I'd recommend Once Upon a Time.

Aaand if you don't rule out cartoons, Avatar: The Legend of Korra is actually really good. It's a sequel of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I tried The Walking Dead. Couldn't get into it.

Give 'The Dome' a try. You can catch up with 'On Demand' and see the few back shows.

Also .. hockey season is coming .. that's ALWAYS good!

Under the Dome? My family loves this show. I can't give it time. I read the book. I'm amazed that it's being put on TV. Anyone that read the book knows what I'm talking about. Necrophilia being the worst of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hi there.

Luther is really good - en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_(TV_series)

Also check out Bored To Death - en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bored_to_Death

eee.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i only really have two shows that i make sure i catch at present; the first being "Gold Rush" as i love chuckling at the face palming magnificence of Todd Hoffman. The other is the UK comedy "Phone Shop" which looked awful in the adverts... it kind of is but i adore it due it's hilarious alternate universe of the High Street, horriffic lampooning of various awful stereotypes and fearless crudeness and wrongtiousness. It also occaisionally has Raz Prince

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Currently I do not believe that TV gets any better then Breaking Bad.

Amazing writing, acting, story lines and cinematography .

Anyone not watching it is missing out on an all time classic.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The TV series is not the same as the book. (same setting and same characters and same dome .... but different stories) I was thinking about the 'having sex with the dead' too and wondering how they would put that on TV ... but they've avoided it totally. The TV show is really good. I think it's well written. You start hating a certain character and loving another ... then next thing you know it's all turned around and you think just the opposite.

I don't know if Canada has 'on demand' ... but go use 'on demand' and watch the shows to catch up.

You won't be disappointed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join