It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian soldiers find chemical agents in rebel tunnels near Damascus- state TV

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Who cares, if war starts there is absolutely zero paths for Iran to get soldiers or supplies to Syria. No land, no Sea no air, so whatever pitiful forces they have there will be cut off from day one and doomed.

It's nowhere remotely near that easy. Iran already has been flying troops in, by the way. Not huge numbers, but some here and there to make headlines as this has been developing over recent months. That's how they'll do it if war breaks out..IF they choose to even go that direction with it. I agree, they could never really get sea born forces there. The Suez is too long a waterway, counting the Southern approach...and we have a Carrier group down at the Southern end of it right now, anyway. That door is closed and has been for quite awhile.

Flying tho? Well, You didn't miss the part where I mentioned Baghdad, Tehran and Damascus inked the final agreements to begin construction on the Caspian-Med Gas line last year, right? If we're assuming Iraq is going to turn against both Syria and Iran with just IT'S OWN ability? Oh...we're in serious serious trouble. Iraq can't even keep peace within it's own borders. It can not even play at standing up to a fight in two directions at once. They'll make a neutral air corridor at best, is my guess.

People assume the US has about 1000x's more influence there than we do. I think we DID, at one time and not that long ago ....but that's largely blown in the wind now and even our own leaders don't seem to have caught up to current events and realized it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000

Who cares, if war starts there is absolutely zero paths for Iran to get soldiers or supplies to Syria. No land, no Sea no air, so whatever pitiful forces they have there will be cut off from day one and doomed.

It's nowhere remotely near that easy. Iran already has been flying troops in, by the way. Not huge numbers, but some here and there to make headlines as this has been developing over recent months. That's how they'll do it if war breaks out..IF they choose to even go that direction with it. I agree, they could never really get sea born forces there. The Suez is too long a waterway, counting the Southern approach...and we have a Carrier group down at the Southern end of it right now, anyway. That door is closed and has been for quite awhile.

Flying tho? Well, You didn't miss the part where I mentioned Baghdad, Tehran and Damascus inked the final agreements to begin construction on the Caspian-Med Gas line last year, right? If we're assuming Iraq is going to turn against both Syria and Iran with just IT'S OWN ability? Oh...we're in serious serious trouble. Iraq can't even keep peace within it's own borders. It can not even play at standing up to a fight in two directions at once. They'll make a neutral air corridor at best, is my guess.

People assume the US has about 1000x's more influence there than we do. I think we DID, at one time and not that long ago ....but that's largely blown in the wind now and even our own leaders don't seem to have caught up to current events and realized it.

If real war with US involvement breaks out, not a single plane will make it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

(sigh)

That overconfidence is why Adolph Hitler ended life with his brains sprayed all over a wall, not ruler of Europe and most of what laid around it.

We've played in the very face of military history and tactical reality that shows for many many years and we've gotten away with it. By our sheer size, tech and power, we've fought on multiple fronts and not lost. That's NO small thing to have accomplished in the way we have, in looking at this from a strictly academic perspective.

That hasn't bred confidence as well it should. It's bred arrogance and that's fatal. We aren't going to be facing the toy A.A. systems Iraq had. What may have been high tech to his thinking was rusting wrecks in the U.S. Southwestern Desert from having tested our equipment against them long before Saddam trying using them against us. Doom on him for fighting today's battle with yesterday's tech.

Syria is not yesterday's tech. If Russia chooses to simply not abandon them? Well, they don't even need to be actively involved. Just don't leave them high and dry for support of existing deployed systems....and Syria will be the most advanced nation we've yet faced in war since perhaps Serbia...and comparisons would be real stretched for a number of reasons, there.

If we go into this fight thinking "We be GODS!" and 'We shall smite those ignorant little Assad men'.....We're going to get our asses kicked so hard, we're thrown back to our borders for a generation or more. I'll bank on that. Syria is NOT Iraq. Iran is FAR more than Syria. To have BOTH actively fighting at once is a WORST case scenario....and damn few forces of any nation in the area will make it when it's all over. Including ours.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

(sigh)

That overconfidence is why Adolph Hitler ended life with his brains sprayed all over a wall, not ruler of Europe and most of what laid around it.

We've played in the very face of military history and tactical reality that shows for many many years and we've gotten away with it. By our sheer size, tech and power, we've fought on multiple fronts and not lost. That's NO small thing to have accomplished in the way we have, in looking at this from a strictly academic perspective.

That hasn't bred confidence as well it should. It's bred arrogance and that's fatal. We aren't going to be facing the toy A.A. systems Iraq had. What may have been high tech to his thinking was rusting wrecks in the U.S. Southwestern Desert from having tested our equipment against them long before Saddam trying using them against us. Doom on him for fighting today's battle with yesterday's tech.

Syria is not yesterday's tech. If Russia chooses to simply not abandon them? Well, they don't even need to be actively involved. Just don't leave them high and dry for support of existing deployed systems....and Syria will be the most advanced nation we've yet faced in war since perhaps Serbia...and comparisons would be real stretched for a number of reasons, there.

If we go into this fight thinking "We be GODS!" and 'We shall smite those ignorant little Assad men'.....We're going to get our asses kicked so hard, we're thrown back to our borders for a generation or more. I'll bank on that. Syria is NOT Iraq. Iran is FAR more than Syria. To have BOTH actively fighting at once is a WORST case scenario....and damn few forces of any nation in the area will make it when it's all over. Including ours.

That is just lol.
Syria cannot even defeat ragtag rebels with small arms, your post is not realistic at all. Israel itself is more than a match for Syria, and you think the US would get wiped out?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

How are mercenaries trained and supplied by Mossad and CIA rag tag?

Get a clue Sheeple man. Obviously not just a clever name.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Im surprised these chemical agents didn't have this attached to them.

I mean this is who everyone wants to blame in the long run.............

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Nah Made in Turkey and Saudi Arabia. But you know.....birds of a feather and all that.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Syria has not used total war methods on any level, in even a passing way in this conflict with the rebels. Syria wants to keep the countryside and cities intact for when this war is over. If, however, Syria is in a fight for it's life with outside forces.....as in, outright flagged forces like aircraft and ground units? That ALL changes and they start using everything their military has. They have FAR more than the occasional planes and helicopters the rebels see.

The very fact the rebels still exist is a testament to Syria's restraint, not weakness. I swear....mercy or the lack of outright barbarism is always viewed as weakness these days. Look at the numbers, history and background of the Syrian armed forces. How they rank in not just conscript numbers but in high tech Russian systems.

For instance and only one example of a few MAJOR problems and questions. Russia had S-400 Units at their Naval Base. Some headlines said they pulled a good %, if not all their people out of the line of fire. What happened to the base fortifications they'd installed? The generation of S-300 Syria is thought to have at this point is no joke and a major headache. S-400's are fatal and a question of how many aircraft we LOSE to take them out.

Those are what places like Moscow have on their perimeter. We'd take this lightly at our own peril. Syria is no backward client state for second hand castoff gear. They just haven't outright slaughtered rebel and civilian alike which is what most of it would do with the power those systems carry.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Yeah Assad got them from Russia( home of RT) and China, and IRAN.

I smell dead fish all over this folks. I am trying to scream at the top of my lungs that the Assad regime is innocent, the rebels are being backed by the CIA, Bengazi had SOMETHING to do with running guns into Syria for the rebels.

More like the FSB,MOIS,MSS covering for their puppet Assad.

The rebels are Sunni getting backing from ME countries of the likes of Saudi,Qatar,Kuwait etc.

The Assad puppet regime is being backed by Russia,China,Iran who backs Shia groups.

The only thing I smell in this thread is demagogic bubbles that some people seem to love to perpetuate on here for some odd reason.
edit on 24-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

S-400's are fatal and a question of how many aircraft we LOSE to take them out.

Lol, an abandoned naval base with permanent enplacements. Those could get knocked out with conventional gunfire from naval ships or a few Seals could just go disable them. Syria hasn't rolled over Israel and pushed them into the sea so all of your admiration for their military power is funny.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The reports from Medecin Sans Frontier need to be taken seriously when they say that people are coming in with neuro toxin like symptoms.
There is a chance that a shell hit a stockpile.
If it was a deliberate shell then both Syria (with Iranian and Hamas contingent) and the Syrian Free Army (with Al Qaida) are carrying non Syrian militia who are more likely to bomb with impunity.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'm not going to keep playing one upmanship, especially when it's literally bordering on rooting for my own side to take losses. That is certainly not what I want to see happen and my whole point really is that our outside forces should stay out of it completely. These are now the 'regional super-powers' getting into it and the further we are away from it, the better. Let the locals figure it out for themselves.

However, the United States has not reached the pinnacle of military achievement and capability (even if terribly underused to just win things and end them across the years) by being cock sure and arrogant. America didn't win World War II by arrogance. I was just looking at the numbers for that an hour ago and spending for Defense (War Dept) at the height of the war then was 89%. That was fighting to win. Spending now is under 15%. Fighting wars becomes a real bad idea when our nation isn't even serious about it for that arrogance now and won't even commit enough to be decisive from day 1.

We can war game how the Western Powers are Superman on paper...but it's yet to happen in reality against far less advanced and far less capable forces than Syria, Iran and certainly what stands behind them both in geographic and figurative terms.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here we go again. Before it was bogus WMD’s in Iraq that caused a million lives.
Now likely a phony report only meant to get the US in this bloodbath.

This is all a script that the US and NATO have devised years ago and has to keep to the war schedule.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Syria army finds Saudi-made chemical containers'

VIDEO: en.alalam.ir...

The Syrian government has accused foreign-backed militants of using chemical weapons in Rif Dimashq.
The Syrian TV showed a number of Saudi-made containers of materials used by the militants in the production of chemical gases.

The Syrian army found these containers in a warehouse in Jobar district on Saturday.
The discovery came after the government forces surrounded a sector of militant-held district of Jobar on Saturday.
Syrian army soldiers also found chemical agents in tunnels dug by the foreign-backed militants in the northeastern suburb of the capital, Damascus, the Syrian TV said.

Oddly enough, Syria's state news outlet, the English version, is down right now: sana.sy...

www.isitdownrightnow.com...

edit on 24-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by stumason

How about another source? www.theguardian.com...

Here's a conspiracy for you. The guardian was reporting that Syria claims chemical weapons were found in tunnels and I posted the link above. Well clinking the link today gives you a brand new story about Doctors without borders. So instead of 404 the page, they scrubbed it and replaced it with another story about Syria that further demonizes the Syrian Gov''t and briefly discusses that Assad's forces found chemical evidence left in tunnels.

It's cause I wrote a thread in BAN about the story above so I at least have the first paragraph copy and pasted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This comes at a time when the US and the UK chatted on the phone for 40 minutes and concluded Assad used the weapons.

My BS flag is going up!
edit on 25-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I'm surprised you have only been flamed once so far, you made a very loud statement that most disagree with.

I tend to agree with you, somehow I think Assad's own regime would take him out if he killed children indiscriminately like that and how could he run a country afterwards if his people knew he had done such things.

Its odd that people seem to be siding with the rebel's having seen video's and read article's of some of there atrocity's along with knowing they are totally infiltrated by Brotherhood and Al-Qaida.

Sadly this is starting to look like "Bush 2.0" and my real concerns here are what the people of the country's getting involved are going to do when there solders are being killed by chemical weapons .............I mean do people think that the Brotherhood and the Al-Qaida operatives will just leave when coalition forces come, what an opportunity to blend in with who ever it is we trust over there and do what they do best.

This is so obviously a set up and only a clown like Obama and his lackeys screaming for another unending war would get involved in.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Something just doesn't smell right with this. With US and UK chomping at the bit to get into syria it just makes no sense that Asaad would use chemical weapons on his people. He has absolutely nothing to gain from it but everything to loose. The rebels framing Asaad for a chemical weapon attack will benefit the rebels no end. It will give the west the excuse too get off the side lines and get their hands dirty. Im not saying Asaad hasn't used them, i could be totally wrong but it makes no sense that he would.

Also the speed at which the US & UK pointed fingers and suddenly had reliable intellegence and a source proving it was Asaad's forces makes me very suspicious. I saw just before on bbc news i think that the west (obama i think it was) is already saying any UN investigation will be pointless and meaningless because any evidence will be gone. I reall feel ive seen this movie before. Inside source, reliable intelegence and WMDs.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't believe or disbelieve the Damascus-State TV.
They have an agenda so they could be telling lies.
Or they could be telling the truth. We will never know.

The Syrian government is bad. The 'rebels' are bad.
The Russians backing the Syrian gov't are bad.
The radical Muslims and the Obama admin backing the 'rebels' are bad.

It's all bad. Let them wipe each other out. Just as long as Mr. Nobel Peace Prize (Obama)
doesn't drag us into yet another useless war ... (good luck with that ... eh??)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I don't believe or disbelieve the Damascus-State TV.
They have an agenda so they could be telling lies.
Or they could be telling the truth. We will never know.

The Syrian government is bad. The 'rebels' are bad.
The Russians backing the Syrian gov't are bad.
The radical Muslims and the Obama admin backing the 'rebels' are bad.

It's all bad. Let them wipe each other out. Just as long as Mr. Nobel Peace Prize (Obama)
doesn't drag us into yet another useless war ... (good luck with that ... eh??)

Unfortunately it seems by hook or by crook the west will intervene. Personally i think it should be humanitarian releif only. Our only real sources are the rebels themselves who are hardly trust worthy. I dunno, it just seems awfully strange that our media and leaders have been ramping up the propaganda and going out of thier way to draw a line in the sand to show when enough will be enough. Then defying all logic, Asaad uses chemical weapons knowing it will give the west the excuse it needs while also putting russia in a position of having to condem and maybe eventually back intervention in Syria. Spelling the end for the asaad regime and the victroy of the rebels. I just can't get my head around what would make him do it when he has nothing to gain from it. The rebels on the other hand, would have so much to gain. It would be the answer to thier prayers. Like i said before, i could be wrong. Maybe asaad really is evil and crazy and doesn't care about the west swarming into his country gunning for him. I will be however be paying more attention to developments and news coming out of syria.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

What a bunch of bull stuff. There is nothing in this vid to indicate much of anything save that the rebels feared being gassed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join