It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent experience at Wal Mart reaffirms why I don't shop there.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
My first and only experience with Walmart.com

I ordered black out curtains via Wal Mart's website for my living room. We have a huge sliding door and window in the living room that in the afternoon causes a huge difference in temperature. I had found black out curtains via another site on Amazon but after reading various reviews on how people preferred the ones at Wal Mart due to being more efficient and a better price I decided to order the Wal Mart ones instead. I got four panels for $35 bucks and I got to pick the sizes so I saved about $60 bucks going to Wal Mart vs the original site I found them on. I also had no shipping because they were being shipped to my local Wal Mart. They are actually nice curtains and match the living room quite well and are made surprisingly well for the price.

We just moved to this area about a month ago. It's not a new area for me because I grew up here. I had not shopped at Wal Mart in over two years before moving here. The Wal Mart where i lived was disgusting and the people were very rude so I stopped going there plus I preferred local stores that offered more.

Well I go in yesterday after getting a text the day before telling me my item is available for pick up at the store I chose. I go to the WalMart.com counter and realized I forgot my phone in the car which has my confirmation number. I am told I don't need it and that they can look by name. I give them my married name and my ID which has my maiden name and told them it could be under either. The lady who probably should be retired was completely out of it and came back asking for my married name again so I hand her my credit card with my name on it and she also has my ID with my maiden name. She comes back after 5mins and says they are not there. At this point I am getting frustrated because I know they are there and my son is getting fussy. So I ask for a manager who then comes and doesn't even look! He says the associate already looked and it wasn't there. I told him that makes no sense because i have a message via text and email stating otherwise. He then tries to argue with me about site to store shipping takes 7-10 days which I also know is crap because when I ordered the item it told me exactly when I could pick them up! I am very annoyed at this point and go to my car to feed my son and get my phone with the confirmation number. I call Wal Mart customer service and reverify that my order is INDEED there! I call Wal Mart from the darn parking lot and ask for the manager of the .com area. The same prick gets on the phone and REFUSES to look up my order with the number. He says "we already went through this it's not here. It takes 7-10 days to get here." I then tell him to just look it up with the number and he again refuses and says "Mam it is not here I already looked." I then tell him he didn't with the number and he proceeds to tell me he doesn't need the number and he can look with the name. I told him that my name gets misspelled all the time and he continues to get an attitude telling me it's not there and then HANGS UP ON ME! I am irate at this point. I call the main store number to complain to the manager who brushes me off saying they have nothing to do with the .com side of the store. I was so pissed it's not even funny. After I fed my son I went back in with my phone and the number. I get a completely different person this time who has NO PROBLEM finding my order via name or number! I told him what just happened and he said it was there and they should have found it no problem.

I was so pissed at the lack of customer service. IF people used their damn brains today instead of having to be hand held for the basics they might be able to do their job right. The first lady probably couldn't read without glasses and was completely spaced out. The asst manager was a complete prick from the first moment. God for bid he re-checked what the employee did. When I was a manager I went above and beyond for customers, that is what customer service is!!

I will never order a single item from Wal Mart again. I don't care how cheap it is. I am over it. This experience solidified why I do not shop there. I love my Publix and Target. They may cost more but they have excellent customer service and I have NEVER had a rude employee at either place!

When I got home I did contact Wal Mart online and filed a complaint against the manager of that store and told them what happened. That moron should not be working with people!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I feel your pain. About 2 years ago I had to make a moneygram payment on a credit card and went to WalMart to do it. I was already unhappy because I had the flu. When it was time to pay the 36 dollars, I gave the cashier a 100 dollar bill. She shuffled around for awhile and then looked up at me and asked for me to pay. I told her I had already given her a hundred. She replied, "No, you didn't give me no money, you put it back in your pocket." After 20 minutes of a runaround and her threatening for the management to review the video cameras, and me begging, yes! Please! review the cameras!, only to have her say, "well, search for it again, that's a lot of trouble to get management on the cameras.. Finally management came over. It took an hour to get the results, all the while this cashier is dancing around saying, "you can't put one over on me, we'll see what it is when they review the videos," and I have to bite my tongue while I am treated like a criminal.... So after an hour a manager comes over, opens the register and gives me my change for the hundred stating that the cashier did indeed take my hundred and put it into the register. Then without an apology everyone disappears from around me as if I had leprosy... Not even an apology for my time.. I get back home and call and tell the main manager and she promises to look into it and call me back... I never got a call back. My hairs still stand on end when I think about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Keep in mind we a living in a time where those are discouraged from following their dreams. Many wind up believing the lie and adopting a 9-5 somewhere, like walmart. Have mercy upon them for they are surely just doing the best they know how.

You are blessed to be able to purchase luxuries yet find yourself getting upset at the men and women that find themselves serving you. Give em a break.
edit on 23-8-2013 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AudioOne

WOW!! That is nuts!

I wonder if that employee was planning on stealing it. It could have been a scam they pulled on people and you wouldn't believe how many people would not even argue with an employee who did that.

I had a few people at different times say I didn't give them their money and I immediately closed my register and counted my drawer infront of them and another manager. We had a many in one store I worked at that used that excuse to get money from sales associates.

That cashier should have called management over immediately and counted her drawer and it would have shown the extra money without the need of watching a camera.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
Keep in mind we a living in a time where those are discouraged from following their dreams. Many wind up believing the lie and adopting a 9-5 somewhere, like walmart. Have mercy upon them for they are surely just doing the best they know how.

I disagree 100%. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work at Wal Mart. In today's economy they should be thankful they have a job! I will not coddle or excuse bad customer service because they are working at Wal Mart. Wal Mart customer service use to be excellent but since Sam Walt died and his greedy kids took over it's gone down hill. I knew a guy who worked for Wal Mart when it began and left when Sam Walt died due to how the company drastically changed from the inside out. So no I don't care what they make, it is their job and it isn't a hard one. I haven't been able to follow my dreams of being a rocket scientist (and no that isn't sarcasm I really want to do that) and my previous job had me working 35hrs a week for about $100 bucks. I didn't complain and you know why? I was THANKFUL to have a job! I worked as a dancer and I hated that job but with years of trying to find other work I had to stay so I didn't end up on the streets. I may not have liked that job but again I was thankful I made some kind of money to feed myself.

You are blessed to be able to purchase luxuries yet find yourself getting upset at the men and women that find themselves serving you. Give em a break.
Give them a break? I will not. Sorry you think it's ok to not do your job just because you work at a place like Wal Mart. Also $35 dollar curtains are not a luxury! $350 curtains are a luxury and even then that doesn't excuse bad customer service. If you can't work with people don't work in a place that deals with the public. I worked in retail and customer service my entire life and I made what these people make and had NO problem making a living. People today don't prioritize nor do they budget. Most people live way beyond their means. Is that my fault? No, and I won't feel sorry for them nor will I give them a break. The manager was extremely rude and neither did their job. It was obvious when I went back in and had an employee find my item in less than a min.

I don't mean to sound harsh but your thought process is what is wrong with today's society. It's ok to be rude and not do your job just because you don't make what you think you deserve to make? No it's not. t doesn't excuse bad customer service. Like i Have said many times before people with jobs need to be thankful they have one in this economy. I do not work right now and when I can I will gladly take anything I can find be it Wal Mart or the friggin Taco Bell.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They stuck me with a $600 computer saying my receipt wasn't proper. It was, but I couldn't get hold of their management to do something as they wouldn't answer the phone nor would return messages. Absolutely disgusting practices they have. I wish someone would burn all their stores to the ground but I don't see that happening.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yeah, it is so bad that we only go there when it is the only place that will carry an item in our small town. Other than that, we avoid it like the plague.

It is as if having an ornery disposition is a prerequisite for employment. Even when I tell the cashier, 'Hello. How are you today?' they will usually ignore me. Or when we're done checking out I'll say something like, 'Thanks I appreciate it,' only to maybe get a 'Yeah,' in reply. The customer horror stories are a mile long so I won't even bother typing. lol

It's like alien pod people- they're so miserable to the point it actually makes me feel sorry for them. In stark contrast to our local grocery store. Another alien pod people feel but the exact opposite- everyone is SO FREAKING NICE and helpful. I've never seen anything like it. It's like smiles are plastered on their faces, some wear dress shirts and ties, a carryout at every lane, all lanes open, the store is so clean, local fresh produce, etc. I love HEB.

Walmart just has a dirty, oppressive, soul-sucking feel to it. On one hand it is teeth-grinding frustrating dealing with their 'I don't give a hoot' employees and on the other I just feel bad for anyone who is so damn depressed and grouchy all the time!

My first job was working for my dad at his restaurant and I had to deal with some TOTAL ARSEHOLES as customers. It really can chip away at your psyche after a while. So I do have some sympathy. But as a customer, it is frustrating.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

After that second person easily found your order, I would've had them drag that POS manager back out there to throw it in their face of how easy it was to find your order, and how the manager didn't do their job. Then, I would've made it my mission to get that manager fired.

If they can't do something as simple as help a customer find their order that has already been confirmed to have been delivered, then they shouldn't have a job.

Originally posted by AudioOne
I gave the cashier a 100 dollar bill. She shuffled around for awhile and then looked up at me and asked for me to pay. I told her I had already given her a hundred. She replied, "No, you didn't give me no money, you put it back in your pocket."

That's why if I use anything over a $10-bill, I will memorize the last 4-6 digits of the serial number, just in case something like that happens, because it happens all too often. Or you give the cashier a $20 and they think you only gave them a $10 because they're not paying attention.

If you use $20 or higher bills, memorize a few of the serial numbers so that a manager or police can retrieve your money if need be.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Very good advice. However knowing my memory in such a situation, I thin that for me it would be better to punch those numbers into my phone. I haven't ever done it before, but I will from now on. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Walmart has to be one of the worst stores in history. The only reason it's doing so well is because people love cheap garbage they don't need.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson

My grand parents and parents had soul sucking jobs like the majority of us. They still had a thing called, "pride". I have no pity for people that can't figure out how to work in a customer oriented business.. Cry me a river. Maybe they work at wal -mart because they suck at being a human beings.
edit on 8/23/2013 by fenson76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

that really is a stupid post

give up right now please and get out the gene pool

if you didnt read the OP, she was NOT being served by these people, they provided ZERO service to her they simply wasted her time

and the really SAD thing is, there are unemployed people out there that would give their right nut for those jobs, but cant get em cause those meat sacks are punching in and punching out while doing less than minimum to keep the job

the world blows my mind every day, and usually for the wrong reasons

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Lol, Sorry but try dealing with a contractor for house repairs wal-mart ant crap. it does not matter what store you go to anymore they will treat you like crap anyway. Sure you can get lucky and find say a friendly IGA or some sorts from time to time but even then the next day you come in somebody will be in a bad mood or just not like you.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

???? Come back to planet earth and don't make excuses for morons...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

well.. i had them sell me beef when it was actually pork.. yeah i know why did i buy meat there.. i don't know.. in any case i dno't shop there anymore.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I read these stories all the time, people need to start saying what stores this happens in, because I have had nothing but good, courteous service at WalMart. I go to the ones in Toledo Ohio

reply to post by Phoenix267

and Phoenix, I go to Walmart because I can get the same products cheaper than I can get at any other store. It's not like Wheaties for $3.99 at Kroger's is better quality that $2.99 at Walmart

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AudioOne

I had a cashier there give me the incorrect change from a $100.....
They actually wanted me to come back the next day after the cashier could have her drawer checked at their leisure...NOT!!!!!!!

I kicked up a fuss and made them count the drawer in front of me...right then....
That was a few years ago...today I'd probably get arrested.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

You have to know your prices.
Some things are indeed cheaper.....some are not.
In fact, some are quite a bit more than other stores....this is true of groceries especially.

Clothing quality often leave a lot to be desired....even brand names.....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Be EXTREMELY vigilant about reviewing your receipt for Cash-Back charges at Wally World. I know two people that when asked if they wanted any cash back said no. Before leaving the store they noticed their receipt showed a cash back charge. In both cases they went back to the register immediately and the checker apologized saying that they didn't realize what they had done - YEAH RIGHT!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Okay - I thought I'd never shop at that hated store. It goes against a lot of what I believe. But - the past two years have seen me in a money crunch, and I've gone there a few times for things like a fan or car mats or something.

But, the two stores I've gone to, I've had pretty good service. In fact, I just went the other day to pick up something at the "ship to store" section. Rang the bell a couple times, but the guy who came out to help was courteous. Then I went through the checkout, and the young guy who was the cashier was happy, talkative, helpful to every customer before me, and so unlike most any other store. I enjoyed my exchange with him. Made me smile.

Service sucks in general these days in most places -- on the phone, in person, online. So when I receive decent service or great service, I really thank the person for their help and give hefty doses of smiles. I tell them they made my day if they have resolved my issue, and thank them profusely. Because it is so rare.

I know Walmart and similar places are probably lousy places to work and spend your day. Sometimes it's all someone can get or find - wherever they are in life. I see a lot of very elderly cashiers at some places, and I cringe thinking how hard it must be to be on their feet for hours. I also know that at places like Home Depot, there are a lot of people working there that used to have white collar desk jobs that paid well -- but they were downsized out and no one will hire them because they are too old (50s, 60s). How hard it must be to be unemployable after years in your profession.

Sometimes, when someone is disinterested, unhelpful, not paying attention, I still look them in the eye and treat them with respect, and sometimes, it turns them around for a moment. Sometimes not. But kindness matters. Kindness can be unconditionally given.

Okay - I'm tired, so sorry for the rambling post!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join