It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

89-Year-old WWII Vet Beaten to Death by 2 Black Teens - Developing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think people making this story about race are becoming the problem, not the solution. Having written a thread on this story myself to have done a bit of research? This has *NOTHING* to do with race,...on ANY level... WHATSOEVER...unless thery've been caught in the last 18 hours and said differently themselves.

Two human predators who need put down like rabid dogs attacked and killed a weak member of the "pack" so to speak. Like jackals on a an African Discovery Channel show. Nothing more..Nothing less and I've seen as many White ANIMALS as Black ANIMALS. Race isn't the factor on either side.

Preying upon a weak and helpless old man is the factor and if that had been some old, frail Asian or Mexican man, he'd have died too. I seriously doubt being another race would have made any difference at all...

As one noted tho... We are seeing more racists around here..and I mean REAL racists...than I've ever seen before. A new trend among new arrivals? If so, I hope it's one that is stomped and destroyed in it's tracks. NOTHING is quite as lowlife and trash as a racist....black, white or yellow. Racist is scumbag, all around. No exceptions.
edit on 23-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Anyone who says they would do "what Zimmy did," even after knowing how incompetent his handling of that night's events really was, is not someone whose opinions I am ever going to value highly. You may not be a racist, but if you still believe "Zimmy" did the right thing from start to finish in his involvement with Trayvon Martin, you are definitely lacking critical thinking skills.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Calm, rational, reasonable people outnumber the race-baiters and racists.

Thugs, regardless of colour will be caught and punished.

Regardless of the motive, a crime was committed. Why do people focus more on the motive than the actual crime?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, I think the people who hunt motive fall into two categories to be perfectly serious about it.

#1. Those looking to understand the unthinkable to put some sense to what has none.

#2. Those looking to exploit horror and tragedy for their own direct benefit of one sort or another.

I like to think the majority here are the #1 types....and not so bad at all. eh? The others? Well, #2 has double meanings, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
reply to post by beezzer

Well, I think the people who hunt motive fall into two categories to be perfectly serious about it.

#1. Those looking to understand the unthinkable to put some sense to what has none.

#2. Those looking to exploit horror and tragedy for their own direct benefit of one sort or another.

I like to think the majority here are the #1 types....and not so bad at all. eh? The others? Well, #2 has double meanings, doesn't it?

Why? Why did they do it? It doesn't take a "Phage" to figure this one out.

Hate.
Lack of regard towards life.

There. Done.

Now lets catch the punks, convict them, shoot them/jail them, just keep them out of civilized society.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
That's tragic that a 88 year old man beaten to death,do i sense another media hyped incident as Zimmerman case again?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
old man beaten by gutless scumbags
White man killed by teens
teens attack and kill man
Black thugs kill white man
Blue pant wearing cowards kill man with brown cane

Color irrelevant ,bottom line . some people are weak ass scumbags and some people risked their lives to protect their country only to have it undermined from the inside out resulting in social breakdown.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Anyone who says they would do "what Zimmy did," even after knowing how incompetent his handling of that night's events really was, is not someone whose opinions I am ever going to value highly.

Am I supposed to be upset about this or something?

You may not be a racist, but if you still believe "Zimmy" did the right thing from start to finish in his involvement with Trayvon Martin, you are definitely lacking critical thinking skills.

Right and wrong are nothing but perspective. I never said he was right, I said I would probably have done the same thing.

I would explain the difference to you but I see its not necessary since you read what you want to anyway.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What most people don't undrestand is these kids now have it made. Lots of friends and never have to work. TV and 3 meals a day. don't get much better than that i bet is what they are thinking. They will catch them and soon. You don't kill a WWII vet lots of people will come forward.2 more off the street forever

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikell

If they "have it made," you've got to ask what kind of seriously crappy society do they live in that prison is a step up on the aspirational ladder. These youths didn't create that society, they are just one of the toxic products of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
PHEWWWWW.........

I don't know how else to show my genuine appreciation for all of your input on this touchy subject so that's 5 stars for everyone (except alexjonesisanut because s/he has just joined so not enough posts yet).

***Muse7***......you also get 5 flags, as an apology for the internet slap the other day.....no hard feelings brah!!

I appreciate all of your comments.........irrespective of whether or not we have agreed on others forums on ATS.

I'm glad that the vast majority of us, if not all of us, can see "the forest through the trees" regarding this situation.

Thank-you.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Another psyops, built to get people stirred up and angry. Another push for black vs white. Agent provocateurs working full time, out in the world and in the media.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

In the coming days, we are going to see many more stories like this one. Some will be even more gruesome. It's built to create an effect. Get people angry, get that hate stirred up. Last summer it was Aurora and guns, this summer it's racism.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Agreed on catching them. I'd also make a big note on this, since it happened just a couple hundred miles from where I live.

Oklahoma people can confirm this one way or another, since I can't be certain of their state laws as I am of my own. However, in this state, use of deadly force to prevent death OR great bodily injury is not just *SELF* defense legal. It's DEFENSE justified in the broader sense.

I.E... If I walk up on someone who is just so busy raping a woman that he's oblivious to my even having appeared? The law does not state I have to even say a word to the animal. No warning need be issued in that specific circumstance and sexual assault carries it's own special designation of justified use to remove all doubt. In the thread example? The SAME applies. If two punks are beating an old man and one of us happens to come around the corner, at least in Missouri, to catch it? You don't need to play tiddlywinks with the animals and beg them to stop.

Just don't miss...and I'd recommend, don't leave them breathing to create problems or pose a further threat with a weapon you didn't know they had. Why couldn't a CCW carrier have happened along after they started the attack but before they passed the line into actually causing serious and/or fatal injury? 2 animals could have been removed from the gene pool in one swoop.

Lost opportunities amid the tragedy of this old man dying in such a pathetic way. At the very least. put these fine little children into a Maximum Security ADULT facility and let them be the pleasure dolls to the whole cell block for a few years. They won't be the same human beings by then that we see today. I am sure of that. Death? It may have been something they come to prefer.
edit on 23-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

See above to what I just wrote Beezzer. Would that the punks do this in places where people are not only able, legally equipped and WILLING to end their little reigns of terror. Oh, if only... They will do what predators always do though. They'll pick off the weak, sick and helpless only when conditions are favorable to them. Unfortunately.

Catching them in the act, as a citizen, carries options under current laws. Catching them 5 minutes afterward makes those same options 1st degree murder for us.
They just need to be a little more sloppy in choosing a victim for timing. That's all we all ask.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

How many of the US's current legal gun owners do you think have the moral fibre and the requisite gun handling skills to carry out such rescues without causing harm to the person/s they are rescuing or other innocents? The vast majority? 50%? 10%? Be realistic, wrabbit.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

How many owners? Maybe 10% outside veterans. Probably only 50% at best among the vets. After all..Vet doesn't mean they necessarily ever saw or even heard a shot fired in anger.

Among those who have shown the initiative and taken the trouble to get a Carry permit? Maybe 75-80%. That is the group already 3/4 of the way there, mentally, anyway. Training and instruction removes the myths, makes the whole thing dead serious for consequences which will follow even a fully justified shooting and insures those who face the situation have the facts to make cold decisions and act on them.

It happens every day in our nation.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

So, you reckon you could trust maybe 4 out of 5 individuals who've gone to the trouble of getting a ccw permit to perform competently under stressful circumstances? What percentage of the total gun owning population would that be?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

What's your point on this? To show ...what exactly? How many are capable of defending themselves or how many you think are incapable of using what they carry or have at home? You're as capable of pulling stats as I am and I'm sure under no obligation to use my time in making your case for you.

If you have a case to make along those lines, I'm actually curious to see how you go about making it.

The % of hesitation I put is not saying they are gutless or incompetent gun owners. It's actually a good thing to say about most. That's the % I believe would be incapable of overcoming their own humanity and hard wired taboos against taking a life, even when it appears the only reasonable option. It's not someone I'd want at my back? I won't talk people like that down though. I'd just hope they see that in themselves and choose not to carry. It only adds a gun to be taken by bad guys and make a situation much worse.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Right.

And I never said it was fueled from race...its the hypocrisy and the unfairness of the whole thing.

And rightfully so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join