It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What IF Ison was a mothership (hypothetical and just for fun)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is for entertainment only, and not for any other reason. I think that the comet Ison mystery has been fully debunked and there's no need to make that an issue. But, just for entertainment puposes, here's a few questions for the scientific and imaginative minds to ponder. IF it were a spaceship when would it arrive on earth? Who would be on it? Grays? Reptilians? A new species we don't know about? When would they get here? Sooner or later? By wormhole, vortex, blackhole or slowly arriving in Dec. As scientists predict.

The truth is I really suck at science but I enjoy scifi movies and i thought this topic would be fun and interesting. Also, I was very impressed with some of the very knowledgable posts in the comet Ison pic thread, so I am hoping some of you will join in and liven up my evening. Please use yor imagination to it's fullest, as the topics I listed above were just starters. Other than that, I apologize if this has already been posted as I did check first. Jump in! The water is warm!
edit on 21-8-2013 by britelite1971 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2013 by britelite1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

I would think that Appelwhite and his Heavens Gate cult should have waited a bit longer.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If it were a spaceship, then the same question would come up (but was never answered) as with comet Elenin.

The scenario would be that a spacefaring race with hyperstellar faster than light drive craft, zoom up to our solar system and then come to an almost complete stop, pretending to be a comet.
Why?
If they have that speedy technology, then why not just drive right up to planet Earth?

Its like driving from California to New York in a Ferrari, but when you get to New Jersey you decide to dump the car and pretend to be a dog and crawl the rest of the way.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone

I would think that Appelwhite and his Heavens Gate cult should have waited a bit longer.

Yep! That'd be a bummer! Ha ha.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

If it were a spaceship, then the same question would come up (but was never answered) as with comet Elenin.

The scenario would be that a spacefaring race with hyperstellar faster than light drive craft, zoom up to our solar system and then come to an almost complete stop, pretending to be a comet.
Why?
If they have that speedy technology, then why not just drive right up to planet Earth?

Its like driving from California to New York in a Ferrari, but when you get to New Jersey you decide to dump the car and pretend to be a dog and crawl the rest of the way.

Yeah, I don't understand that either. I seriously doubt that a spaceship would slowly travel through space if it had the capability of getting here very quickly. I can't think of any reson why it'd do that.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just looking at the numbers, comet ISON is currently 480,075,252 km away from earth.
According to calculations, light takes 26 minutes to travel that distance.

If it was the "element of surprise" that these aliens wanted, by pretending to be a comet while they sneak up on us, then they'd be better off just travelling at the speed of light and be here in 26 minutes. We would have zero warning, because the light from their craft would get here the same time they do.

Even at half the speed of light, they'd be here within the hour, and we'd only have half an hour to prepare our defences.

Or.. they could be casual about it, dial the ship back to a pathetically small 1/10 the speed of light and be here in 260 minutes.

How much warning do you think we need to prepare? More than a few hours?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I think that the comet Ison mystery has been fully debunked and there's no need to make that an issue.

No, we´ll just keep the fantasy going from a hypothetical standpoint, because, and this is imperative, there simply must be a spaceship to talk about, because it is fun.

edit on 21-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Just looking at the numbers, comet ISON is currently 480,075,252 km away from earth.
According to calculations, light takes 26 minutes to travel that distance.

If it was the "element of surprise" that these aliens wanted, by pretending to be a comet while they sneak up on us, then they'd be better off just travelling at the speed of light and be here in 26 minutes. We would have zero warning, because the light from their craft would get here the same time they do.

Even at half the speed of light, they'd be here within the hour, and we'd only have half an hour to prepare our defences.

Or.. they could be casual about it, dial the ship back to a pathetically small 1/10 the speed of light and be here in 260 minutes.

How much warning do you think we need to prepare? More than a few hours?

Whew! I had no idea that traveling at the speed of light something could get here that fast! That'd make a heck of a scifi thriller!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If comet Ison were an alien mother-ship it would have already diverted course and head towards earth rather than it's orbit around the sun. It's due to make it's closest pass to the sun rather soon, unless of course it is using some unknown tech using the suns gravity as a propulsion system. If this would be the case, I would expect the alien mother ship to make it's journey to earth in winter, as this is the proposed date for best viewing of the object itself, if it survives it's close pass(700,000km???)[that's too close for comfort as far as the sun is concerned] to the sun.

The mother-ship, using said Sol gravity drive would likely make it's arrival at earth in late December / early January.

I'm not sure which species I would think this to be. The typical saucer is accredited to the greys, where as the triangle tends to be associated with the reptilian species of human folklore.

I would imagine this species would be more advanced than our own, but very similar in many ways, as solar sail and celestial gravity propulsion is familiar in many of our own space program ideas, as well as current models.

I could not begin to imagine what this species intention was, but I like to think given the relatively low tech solution to travel, as far as our own imaginations go they would be a life boat. The last of their species, looking for help, or a new place to settle.

It is entirely possible that this species would be part of a more advanced nation, and given the low tech solution to travel it would make sense to be used in a life boat type scenario. Conserving valuable energy for food, and water, breathable atmosphere(if they are anything like us), and relying on gravity or solar energy for transport to a potentially habitable, friendly planet.

Knowing the human race how ever this could be their greatest demise, as we may either react in hostility, or scientific curiosity. Either way, could be detrimental to the survival of said arriving species.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm

I think that the comet Ison mystery has been fully debunked and there's no need to make that an issue.

No, we´ll just keep the fantasy going from a hypothetical standpoint, because, and this is imperative, there simply must be a spaceship to talk about, because it is fun.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Why?

Yeah, I don't understand that either. I seriously doubt that a spaceship would slowly travel through space if it had the capability of getting here very quickly. I can't think of any reson why it'd do that.

What if said species had no choice but to choose a low tech solution to a potentially detrimental situation, for instance our own Apollo missions, but the mere distance of our own moon.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Noone is forcing you to participate if you think it's boring. It's not that much different from watching a scifi flick. Noone thinks its real.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Perhaps they seeding stations sent to transfer life.

Or maybe they were ancient weapons made to spread virus' and create plagues and death...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Whew! I had no idea that traveling at the speed of light something could get here that fast! That'd make a heck of a scifi thriller!

Now imagine(just 4 fun) that they would only be able to travel at half the speed of light. Then it would be more of a comedy.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Maybe they are just on the search for intelligent life, and want to ask us if we have seen any.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
WTH do ewe mean "what if" ?

It is bitches. Beware!

Coming Soon to UR World.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
If comet Ison were an alien mother-ship it would have already diverted course and head towards earth rather than it's orbit around the sun.

Just checking the numbers, the comet isnt really going to pass close to Earth at any point. The nearest it will get will be in late December, and a distance of 0.43 AU. ( 43 percent of the distance from earth to sun )

So it still, at some point, would need to come out from hiding and approach earth. Given these distances, it might as well do it now. There really isnt much to be gained by waiting.

And in any case, if you wanted to hide, there are a bazillion other more inconspicuous objects in the solar system they could have used.
*The astronomical event of the decade* is a dumb place to hide. Thats like a criminal on the run, hiding from the police, so choosing to hide behind the POTUS. Sure wont see him there.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Noone is forcing you to participate if you think it's boring. It's not that much different from watching a scifi flick. Noone thinks its real.

This a forum for the serious discussion of Alien and UFO topics. It is not your little fantasy playground.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Who made you the boss?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

I am stating a simple fact. Is this not the forum for serious discussion of Alien and UFO topics?

If the objective is fun and entertainment it is better to post the nonsense in Prank or ChitChat forum

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join