It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What IF Ison was a mothership (hypothetical and just for fun)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

We are a disgusting race, hell bent on the destruction of our own species and planet. If I had the choice, I would choose to never come with in 100 lightyears of us, sadly I was born on this rock, with this lot.

I know there are those who wish we could make a difference, and stand apart from the rest of the race but who am I to abandon what I was given. I have a roof, a job, clean water and food. I only wish I could say the rest for the entire species.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Could it be that you've been acting completely mental?

Probably, live and let live I guess.

Sorry?

Still don't see the point of discussing random hypothetical movie scenarios though.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

What a kill joy
Lighten up its a fun thread we need this once in awhile.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Lighten up its a fun thread

Yay!

Well, bring on the fun then!

I think it should be a scifi comedy, and Sandler should star in it. With lot's of jokes about wormholes and the planet Uranus. Yep. Quality stuff.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Personally i think NeoP is worried that he is going to be anal probed and cant even fathom the thought.
Does that make you mad i hope not as you are trying to ruin this thread like the other i son one. Chill bro.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Personally i think NeoP is worried that he is going to be anal probed and cant even fathom the thought

I am starring in your anal fantasy now?

Does that make you mad i hope not as you are trying to ruin this thread like the other i son one. Chill bro.

No, it kinda scares me, actually, bro.

Yes totally ruined, could you imagine how great they would've been if I hadn't ruined them?

PS, what other ISON thread were you refering to anyway, I hope you mean Arken's thread.

edit on 22-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I had to star you too for making me laugh lol
that response was just great later bro

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Serious discussion of somthing that's never been proven to exist??? I can't swear on here so hows this, go do........ Yourself!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Go away.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

It is utterly empty and meaningless drivel that serves no purpose at all.

Kind of like your life?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinyDAWK

Go away.

Really, it seems you are going out of your way to get me to respond.

What do you want?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
reply to post by gotya

Could it be that I'm not mental and that the mods have moved it perhaps? Because they agreed perhaps? Are they mental too?

Could it be that you've been acting completely mental? Why the attitude? It's not healthy to get bent out of shape so easily. Take a chill pill. They really aren't coming.

Mabie someone is sad that the aliens aren't coming, so said person started lashing out.
poor, depressed little person.....

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tinyDAWK

Is this supposed to impress me?

If you are going to troll me at least do it in a way that is not reminiscent of kindergarten.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm

Originally posted by tinyDAWK

Go away.

Really, it seems you are going out of your way to get me to respond.

What do you want?

You to apologize for derailing the thread. Then for you to quietly leave. And go to a thread where they have serious discussions about aliens and UFO phenomena, because no one wants you here. Unless u decided to stop being a Dick...

I'm sorry op for trolling on your thread, but I was realy enjoying the read until neop started talking... It just struck an angry chord w me.
edit on 23-8-2013 by tinyDAWK because: apoligizing to op

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Bite me.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Lol, grrrrr!
now seriously. Go away. I'm done. And I'm not entertaining you any more.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'm done

With what? Your excercise in futility?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

What if they were just flying by to fuel up on some sun energy... And didn't even realize there was life in this solar system. Mabie that's why they are going so slow, or what we would call slow for deep space travel. Mabie our sun is just a stop on the journey?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well, a couple of thoughts here. If Ison was a mothership then it might be that their faster than light drive only works outside solar systems. Also it could be that their ship coming out of warp too close to a star might possibly be so disruptive the star might toss a X flare in their direction or even cause it to go nova.

Then the slow speed inside the solar system could be from the possibility of running into space garbage. You hit a pebble at 90,000 miles per second and it's going to cause a major amount of damage. Perhaps their version of the Star Trek shields simply can't handle that. And running faster than a set speed runs the risk of shredding open their hull on dust and gravel.

As far as the course of the ship is concerned it may need to refuel with energy from the sun before it could do anything else. The gas tank is empty so to speak but the station is at the bottom of the hill and it's downhill all the way. If they plan to explore the system it's going to wait till they top off the tanks.

And the other possibility is that this is just a fuel stop. In and out. And maybe a long distance message to somewhere that they noticed an inhabited planet with signs of technology.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join