It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera America launches, sues AT&T

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
That Al Jazeera is suing a Network proves that they do not value the Free Speech of the Network. Who IMO has a right to carry what Networks they want to (or not too) carry.

Al Jazeera is suing becuase they claim AT&T broke its contractural obligations. Are you saying there is something wrong with suing someone for breaking a contract with you?

Your argument is a hypocritical one as well. You say it is wrong for Al Jazeera to sue a network for their free speech, but then you say Al Jazeera shouldn't be allowed to broadcast at all in the US because you don't like their speech, which also ignores those of us who do and want counter balance.

As it stands now, you have asserted that Al Jazeera is forcing a network to carry it's programming without acknowledging that it is possible AT&T already agreed to do so. It's not like Al Jazeera started broadcasting on other networks and decided to sue AT&T for not doing the same. Quite the opposite. Now, if you disagree that AT&T broke their contract, that is a different matter.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Yeah, let the dissenting view point become illegal.

That's exactly what your government wants.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Finally a logical argument
I have to admit I did not read the details or reason for the lawsuit. I stopped at being upset about the Station going on air at all. As I said in earlier post, it is IMO a NWO thing allowing them here and I am not a NWO guy. Look What Fox has done to stupid Americans.

Just what will a Middle Eastern controlled station start to do with their stories once they have a foothold? Kinda like a Walmart moving into a neighborhood and offering super cheap prices. Once all the competition is dead they raise their prices....

I do not think that having access to Al Jazeera TV will wake people up any faster. Those that are waking up head for the internet, not the TV.

link   
would the same people touting the Al Jazeera chnnel do the same thing if say Hitler had a channel? North Korea? Venezuela?>

link   
reply to post by Mamatus

May I interject and ask both you and acidsweep to quit with the insults before you completely derail the thread?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by Mamatus

Any Americans that choose to watch Al Jazeera should be on a watch list.....

Wow, is that you Janet Napolitano?

No I don't support watch lists. *(that was sarcasm) I am just not a fan of Al Jazeera. Anyone that thinks they are unbiased reporting is suffering from delusions as there is no such thing. ALL reporting is biased, look it up. I would prefer not to have Al Jazeera broadcasting their biased crap in my Country.

Didn't sound like sarcasm to me and I am a fan of theirs. Have them bookmarked right next to Radio Free Europe and RT. It's all propaganda to some extent, we have to filter out the BS to find the truth.

Since it's my country too I'd just as soon you not censor them.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
would the same people touting the Al Jazeera chnnel do the same thing if say Hitler had a channel? North Korea? Venezuela?>

Omg, somebody has finally worked a way to invoke Hitler into this thread
pitiful.
btw did you guys know that al jazeera is based in Quatar? They are a very strong ally of the United States.

I say bring over PressTV.ir as well, the more the merrier.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

link   
Not that my opinion matters, but I have always liked Al Jazeera. They seem to touch on topics other media outlets will not talk about and take a truly journalistic approach.

Refreshing to say the least.

link   

Personally I am aghast at this Network being allowed to start a station in the USA at all.

Yes, darn that freedom of the press and all. Let's block all ways of accessing any foreign stuff, that useless foreign people junk. Let's block BBC, RT & CCTV, too, while we're at it. No one needs foreign news variety unless the government & xenophobes say we should. Right?

Any Americans that choose to watch Al Jazeera should be on a watch list.....

Excuse me? o.O I have browsed their English site many times, I haven't found much of anything that makes it any worse than any given American network. I find them balanced enough to actually enjoy their reporting. That doesn't mean there's no bias, every agency has their bias, there's no real way around that. Frankly, I like having the perspective of foreign reporting available because it allows one to look at something from all angles, instead of just one lone slanted angle from your preferred news agency.

I know you said in another post that you were being sarcastic, but I'm not buying it. It reeks more of a CYA backpedaling move.
edit on 8/21/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   
Bottom line is this: it does NOT MATTER WHAT news service you watch, you WILL GET SPIN. Noone tells the unbiased truth of events, EVERYONE tells their spin on events according to their own agenda.
Unless you were at an event as it happens, you will NEVER get the truth.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

pitiful.

You beat me to it. I can just see it now, the "Hitler News Network"

Double

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Good point, The racist thing pissed me off. I know should know better than to allow myself to get baited into a response

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

pitiful.

You beat me to it. I can just see it now, the "Hitler News Network"

Double

Ooooo *waves hand*

Can I be the host? I even have the accent down.

Disclaimer: Yes, this is an off-topic attempt at humor. Trying to lighten the mood because some of you have your panties on a bit tight. Relax people.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Bottom line is this: it does NOT MATTER WHAT news service you watch, you WILL GET SPIN. Noone tells the unbiased truth of events, EVERYONE tells their spin on events according to their own agenda.
Unless you were at an event as it happens, you will NEVER get the truth.

Homer gets my point. I do not want to have a station being aired that is going to be putting a Middle Eastern/Anti-American Spin on the news. (oh heck, there goes that Anti-American thing). I have no love of my Government but I have even less love for most of the Middle East's Governments.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

OT but I have to ask. What is your favorite news channel?

2nd Line Freedom of the Press!!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Somebody, quick! Call the waaaambulance for this one;
Nobody is forcing you to tune in, right? No gun to your head, eyelids not taped open or anything, right? Then stuff a sock in it. I absolutely hate Fox News and consider it tabloid news myself, but I'm not calling for it to be dropped from the air or blocked.

Grow up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join