It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera America launches, sues AT&T

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Al Jazeera America launches, sues AT&T

www.usatoday.com

Al Jazeera America, the latest offshoot of the Middle Eastern media empire, launched Tuesday afternoon with a flurry of live news and pre-taped segments, even as it lost a sizable portion of the viewer reach it had been counting on from AT&T.

The news network, whose launch had been anticipated since Al Jazeera bought an existing channel in January, went live at 3 p.m. ET. on the lineup of four major cable and satellite TV distributors.

Several hours later, Al Jazeera America (AJAM) filed a lawsuit against another pay-TV provider, AT&T, after the telecom giant made an eleventh-hour decisi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.cbsnews.com
www.deadline.com

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Personally I am aghast at this Network being allowed to start a station in the USA at all.

I am even more pissed off they are already firing up the legal teams to sue for their perceived right to force a Network to carry their channel in it's lineup. Any Americans that choose to watch Al Jazeera should be on a watch list.....

I will be sending a letter to Direct TV informing them of my no longer supporting their services if they choose to carry this despicable Network.

And yes, I mean despicable.

Below are some additional links to or about Al Jazeera.

www.usatoday.com

+45 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Any Americans that choose to watch Al Jazeera should be on a watch list.....

Wow, is that you Janet Napolitano?

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Personally I am aghast at this Network being allowed to start a station in the USA at all.
So much for freedom of the press.Let's just completely throw that ideal out.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I may be wrong... But I thought that Al Jazeera was a more unbiased news station....
A news station that is based more on facts than actually leading the sheeple to the slaughter.....

-but once again, I may be wrong....

edit on 21-8-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Funny thing I seen on youtube aljazera channel is saved as one of my favorites and they had a post for live streaming of the new channel. I get a message from youtube. "Not availible in my country? WTH? I am in America and I can't get Aljazera english?
Here is a link you youtube streaming of AJE
www.youtube.com...

And here is a video about this censoring!

edit on 8/21/13 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
AL JAZEERA AMERICA

Looks to me like a good source of news.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I am even more pissed off they are already firing up the legal teams to sue for their perceived right to force a Network to carry their channel in it's lineup. Any Americans that choose to watch Al Jazeera should be on a watch list.....

I will be sending a letter to Direct TV informing them of my no longer supporting their services if they choose to carry this despicable Network.

And yes, I mean despicable.

Below are some additional links to or about Al Jazeera.

www.usatoday.com

despicable is the thought of censoring anyone, no matter how much their ideology counters your own.

A very UN-american thought...

Wait I forgot, this is the new america, Where Lies are truth, and freedom means the freedom of government to step on the rights of citizens.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by Mamatus

No I don't support watch lists. *(that was sarcasm) I am just not a fan of Al Jazeera. Anyone that thinks they are unbiased reporting is suffering from delusions as there is no such thing. ALL reporting is biased, look it up. I would prefer not to have Al Jazeera broadcasting their biased crap in my Country. And in all fairness, we should not be broadcasting ours in theirs, the ones that let us anyway. Think about it? Does Fox News have broadcast news available to Iranians? How about Fox broadcasting in say Afghanistan? Feel free to correct this last part.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
"I will be sending a letter to Direct TV informing them of my no longer supporting their services if they choose to carry this despicable Network."

Wow those are some tough words there, I wonder how many other letters you have written for things that actually matter.

It all sounds very "terrorist" of you to say such things, if anything you should be on a list, and I am sure with this thread there will be a few watching you.

Peace, NRE.

link   

Originally posted by resoe26
AL JAZEERA AMERICA

Personally, I like reading their news site, its a place where you can go to get away from the constant left/right, black/white BS that we get with all of our crap sites/stations.

link   
reply to post by benrl

I'm looking forward to watching it - I put it right up there with the Comedy Channel and MSNBC.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Mamatus

No I don't support watch lists. *(that was sarcasm) I am just not a fan of Al Jazeera. Anyone that thinks they are unbiased reporting is suffering from delusions as there is no such thing. ALL reporting is biased, look it up. I would prefer not to have Al Jazeera broadcasting their biased crap in my Country. And in all fairness, we should not be broadcasting ours in theirs, the ones that let us anyway. Think about it? Does Fox News have broadcast news available to Iranians? How about Fox broadcasting in say Afghanistan? Feel free to correct this last part.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

I reject the thought that there exist any source of information that should be forbidden to free people, IF they so choose to watch Propaganda that is their right.

IF you are worried about propaganda, turn off your TV, its all that exist on there.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by benrl

I'm looking forward to watching it - I put it right up there with the Comedy Channel and MSNBC.

Yep, fox news, cnn, msnbc, all great for a laugh.

If I want the news Ill watch Comedy Central and the two news programs there...

Hey wait a sec...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
AL JAZEERA AMERICA

Personally, I like reading their news site, its a place where you can go to get away from the constant left/right, black/white BS that we get with all of our crap sites/stations.

Just by skimming through it, I can see that you observations are correct. Didn't see any of the BS we get in the states. Looks like it could be one of my favorites now too.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This one of the greatest things about America any ideology or 'news' station can say what they want, people can say what they want, no matter how stupid we think it is.(reference to al Jaz)

1st amendment people freedom of speech,freedom of expression, and people are free to disagree with it, but that is where it begins and ends.

edit on 21-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

despicable is the thought of censoring anyone, no matter how much their ideology counters your own.

Censoring everyone? Certainly not. By your logic we can't sensor anyone. Not Pedophile TV, not KKK TV or any other TV station whose ideology does not match someone else's.

When it is quite clear that most of the Middle East would prefer that the USA disappear from the face of the planet, I have the right to think that they do not need to be broadcasting here.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure I see the downside of seeing the middle east's take on world events.
Isn't it better to have more viewpoints on international issues?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Are you serious? Can you please explain why I should be on a watchlist?

Have you ever even watched Al Jazeera?

ETA: I just saw that you said this was sarcasm in another post. I'm sure you could see how that could be easily lost on many since your original post did not seem to carry a sarcastic tone at all.
edit on 21-8-2013 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Censoring everyone? Certainly not. By your logic we can't sensor anyone. Not Pedophile TV, not KKK TV or any other TV station whose ideology does not match someone else's.

When it is quite clear that most of the Middle East would prefer that the USA disappear from the face of the planet, I have the right to think that they do not need to be broadcasting here.

MOST of the middle east?
I'm not sure about that.
Maybe you base YOUR opinion on all the propaganda from US news station...

That EVERY arab is automatically a terrorist... Or they ALL hate Americans.

edit on 21-8-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join