It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Is it possible to send X37b-X47b or those special others craft
to asteroids / comets for direct imaging? It seems wise to send those or others out to see what's going in/on around the SOL system except for the unauthorized moon access areas of some Planets...

And if so there should be more images but if not shared publically then, perhaps

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Depending on the objects speed in space, and the crafts ability to match that speed. It is entirely doable. I for one would like to start seeing a lot more come from space. There is no end to what we can uncover in space. We have limitations here on earth. We have to wait for all the neat things to come to us....with space craft....we go to the cool stuff!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
....with space craft....we go to the cool stuff!

Wish I could of seen the
ELENIN images if any were taken out there. It makes sense that there would be these types of observing OPs going on. 1 feels though if that direct imaging isn't shared then perhaps there are MAJOR reasons not to as of now. If not already doing so (which astral detected they are) it would seem intelligent to WATCH the STAR system in which many dwell for potential non native activities like Neptune/Pluto/? new moons for example...

Thanks for your input shaneslaughta

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think the problem with direct imaging is a radio transmission issue. There is a narrow frequency range that allows for remote operation, telemetry and imaging broadcasts. The distance of the craft also compounds the issue. The farther away from earth the longer the craft waits to receive commands, execute them and return the results to earth.

As of right now live streaming images and video are near impossible from anything further than the moon.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Is it possible to send X37b-X47b or those special others craft
to asteroids / comets for direct imaging? It seems wise to send those or others out to see what's going in/on around the SOL system except for the unauthorized moon access areas of some Planets...

And if so there should be more images but if not shared publically then, perhaps

NAMASTE*******

Yes and No.

The X37B is a unmanned orbital test vehicle and is designed to operate outside the Earth's atmosphere. So it works in space.
Getting it to an asteroid is dependent not on the X-37B itself, but by the delivery system (the rocket in which it is launched from). In order to escape the Earth's gravitational field, any craft needs to have more velocity that the Earth's escape velocity (IE the Apollo Saturn V rockets had several stages for burn to achieve that velocity to get to the moon).

So "Yes" for it.

"No" for the X-47B because it is a unmanned aircraft. Not designed for use in space.

It uses a Pratt & Whitney F100 Turbo Engine which requires air to work. The engine does not just give the X-47B thrust for flying, it also generates power to all the equipment on board it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think the problem with direct imaging is a radio transmission issue. There is a narrow frequency range that allows for remote operation, telemetry and imaging broadcasts. The distance of the craft also compounds the issue. The farther away from earth the longer the craft waits to receive commands, execute them and return the results to earth.

As of right now live streaming images and video are near impossible from anything further than the moon.

Maybe they should place satellite like transmit/receive devices in certain distances from EA*RTH to increase transmission for remote ops. So the data would jump from craft to transmitter to transmitter (depending on how far out from EA*RTH) . Equip the craft with these before launch and let them out like brilliant pebbles along the way...
edit on 8/20/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

So "Yes" for it.

"No" for the X-47B because it is a unmanned aircraft. Not designed for use in space.

It uses a Pratt & Whitney F100 Turbo Engine which requires air to work. The engine does not just give the X-47B thrust for flying, it also generates power to all the equipment on board it.

Thanks eriktheawful makes sense. 1 feels there are other craft
but I don't RV them too much in detail as to not disturb the planets current activities/agenda...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

So "Yes" for it.

Thanks eriktheawful makes sense. 1 feels there are other craft
but I don't RV them too much in detail as to not disturb the planets current activities/agenda...

Personally, I'd rather we send things to "spy" on the asteroids and the moon, instead of each other...

But the military and governments think it's more important to spy on each other....ah well.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Maybe they should place satellite like transmit/receive devices in certain distances from EA*RTH to increase transmission for remote ops. So the data would jump from craft to transmitter to transmitter (depending on how far out from EA*RTH) . Equip the craft with these before launch and let them out like brilliant pebbles along the way...

The problem is even though we create links to retransmit the data does not speed up the transmission.
It will increase the signal and keep it intelligible but that is our limits as of now.

RF travels at the speed of light or there about, our universal limit of electromagnetic communications.

We are still limited by the laws of physics.
edit on 8/20/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I understand shaneslaughta, I guess my EA*RTH experiences feel this planet has much potential when viewing the ancients and so each civilization progresses past the last. And past civilizations have made some advancements so 1 tends to feel today EA*RTH is way more developed/advanced then shared out of 100% it seems only about maybe 40% of EA*RTH full potentials are shared with general populace...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I understand shaneslaughta, I guess my EA*RTH experiences feel this planet has much potential when viewing the ancients and so each civilization progresses past the last. And past civilizations have made some advancements so 1 tends to feel today EA*RTH is way more developed/advanced then shared out of 100% it seems only about maybe 40% of EA*RTH full potentials are shared with general populace...

I feel as if its a matter of controlling the populace. Why would everyone want to stay here and be controled by greed and hate. If the world knew what we could truly learn OUT THERE, and what we may be able to evolve into over time, no one would want to be tethered by earthly issues.

I want out of here desperately. I cant wait for Mars One to be operational. I feel i have one skill that overall is necessary for the colonization of mars. Communications :p

Amateur radio has been a hobby of mine for years. I can set up radios, amplifiers, filters, and can integrate digital mode communication. Think about it for a minute, galactic internet connection via radio transmitters all over the milky way.

Oh yeah, im on that flight in 2022!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Sorry if i got off topic with that last post. I have a passion and sometimes it takes the wheel without my consent.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Umm.. isn't X-37 just a transport/delivery system, designed to return to Earth from the low-earth orbit? The actual "spying" would have to be done by cameras / telescopes / sensors, etc. and the equipment could be delivered to the destination by some other rocket.

It's like when people ask about the Space Shuttle flying to the Moon. 1) it was not built for this, and 2) such a mission is better accomplished with rockets and spacecraft designed for this task.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I feel as if its a matter of controlling the populace. Why would everyone want to stay here and be controled by greed and hate. If the world knew what we could truly learn OUT THERE, and what we may be able to evolve into over time, no one would want to be tethered by earthly issues.

Sometimes 1 feels there is a process in play as we communicate to further aware the populace, but its moving at the progress rate with alerting the general populace at a potential rate of exposure associated with PAST Awareness processes and so patience is the way. It wouldn't be fair if say only 39% of population was Ready and 61% were potential evaluated as unstable because that would cause confusion. Perhaps the SPECIES has to mature more and these developments & advancements will then be more shared...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

It's like when people ask about the Space Shuttle flying to the Moon. 1) it was not built for this, and 2) such a mission is better accomplished with rockets and spacecraft designed for this task.

Makes sense wildespace. Thank you for the informative share. Still though 1 feels these type of craft or craft like them can be modified or designed to launce off EA*RTH/

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
dbl post

top topics

join