It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars One:A New Dawn.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Mars One

CNN- More than 100,000 people are eager to make themselves at home on another planet. They've applied for a one-way trip to Mars, hoping to be chosen to spend the rest of their lives on uncharted territory, according to an organization planning the manned missions.

CNN

RT-It promises to be the most attractive Reality Show. According to the plan, the entire world will take part in the event. People from across the globe will be able to watch and help decide as the teams of settlers are selected.

RT

While i dont wholly agree on the TV show portion of it, i say right on. Its about time we start broadening our horizons. We are too many people to inhabit one planet. These people that are selected will go down in the history books as the first martian settlers. This is going to open a lot of eyes and make people see that there are more possibilities out there. We dont have to be mindless boob tube fiends, we can finally expand of earth and into uncharted territory for humans.

Just the nature of this expedition should be taken seriously. It would be a monumental day for Humanity if they can get enough funding, and hold onto their multinational cooperation. It would be a benefit for all of mankind so sit up and take notice. These people are trying to unite humanity on a level never seen before. We need to take a page from their books.

This needs to gain even more momentum, I fully advocate spamming this across every social networking site and forum you can access.

By the way i seen that this has been posted before, but the CNN article is new.

I placed this in global news because i believe it deserves global recognition and support.
edit on 10-8-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is one of the most exciting ventures of the last 100 years. Extremely dangerous yes but worth the attempt(s.)

Actually the reality TV show may be one of the most important parts of this adventure. We'll see what works, what doesn't and we'll be even more prepared for each new launch. If we get the world really behind this it could be our first true steps to colonize space.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Buy the hoodie, every little helps

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I hate reality shows, but admittedly that would be one show I would definitely watch...

I think most of the world would... IF they actually do it

For some reason I can see a rather large studio on earth faking the whole thing...

sadly enough

edit on 19-1-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I imagine, in my wee sick little mind, a parallel to Columbus heading towards the New World and having a medieval reality show about that as well.

"What does thou thinketh next? Stayesth tuned, for thine next week previews!"

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The thing is, this could be the most real "REALITY TV" show ever conceived.

Show or not, its a truly historical undertaking in the works.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

How long will the show go for before the person on mars dies? How long can a human last on Mars with the barest of survival equipment?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Its supposed to be a number of people, and constant supply train from earth.

Confined spaces of course. I dont know what people will do when they have issues with each other.
Add to that the limited space available, some might go bonkers. Cabin fever or what ever name you want to give it.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Theres no internet on Mars. Theres only a hostile terrain. Whats the point of sending constant supplies unless the settlers build a sustainable environment. Send raw materials, digging equipment, etc, etc get to work theres a lot of work to be done building a human settlement with goal to make a sustainable living environment.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think the first settlers will be building a semi permanent habitat for them to research and analyse and all that stuff, from there they can grow food and somewhere to receive then next batch of settlers.
then I think digging for a much more permanent and larger sub-terrain habitat would be best, a place secure and out of the way of horrible weather where they can receive many more settlers.
once this is done and if there are indeed useful resources to be sent back to earth they can then expand, have 100s then in time 1000s of people living on the moon.
I'm not too fond of this reality tv idea because I dislike reality tv but if a private company is going to do space things, they'll need something for a return on their investment otherwise no one will put up the moneys required. space is awesome but people are selfish and want money back.. sad but it's the way it is.
i'll be buying a hoodie from their site so I can in some small way give a bit of money for the possibility of a mars colony, $50 isn't much but it's something I'm passionate about and that's all I'm willing (can afford) to give, plus I get a hoodie as I also am a bit selfish.
I wish them much luck and excellent tv ratings.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Theres no internet on Mars. Theres only a hostile terrain. Whats the point of sending constant supplies unless the settlers build a sustainable environment. Send raw materials, digging equipment, etc, etc get to work theres a lot of work to be done building a human settlement with goal to make a sustainable living environment.

From that point of view, what good is the space station?

They are planning a green house amongst other things.

There will be an internet of sorts on mars. Although it will be extremely big lag.

There will be about a twenty minute delay between transmission from earth to mars.
Twenty more for the return to earth.

Just to request a single photo it could take upwards of forty minutes.

The trick here will be parallel tasking.

Wish i could go so bad. i still have nine years though

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The trip there will probably kill you, the landing will also probably kill you. That's even before you get there.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

The trip there will probably kill you, the landing will also probably kill you. That's even before you get there.

You know, i never considered that danger even once........

Between the intense cosmic rays that will bombard the ship for six months, the falling throughout the mars atmosphere and hitting the ground, the inhospitable climate that ranges from 70F at the equator to -225F at the poles and ferocious storms that make our F5 tornado seem like spring showers. I must have forgotten to do my risk assessment.

I would rather live for something than die for nothing!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

living on mother earth is a privilege that's not nothing

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This whole thing has a very suspicious vibe about it. I don't know. Call me paranoid (I wouldn't be here if I wasn't a little) but I think they're up to no good with this.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Yeah, its called a sociological experiment in close quarters over the lifetime of the inhabitants.

Im wearing my foil hat today.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've often had thoughts of being one of those 100,000, but then again... it might not be worth it.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I dream of going out in history doing something important.
I want to be remembered for something monumental.

I wish i could go.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I would give everything I had to be part of the Mars One crew, so lucky.

new topics

top topics

join