It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Murder Australian Baseball Player

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Last week, the unexpected happened. Unexpected - and perfectly, perfectly horrible.

An Australian man who was visiting Oklahoma City. where his girlfriend and her family lived, was shot and killed while out for a jog by a group of three minors. Their ages are 15, 16, and 17, and they are all in custody for the murder of a very well-respected baseball player who came on vacation and left on...a hearse.

“They saw Christopher go by, and one of them said: ‘There’s our target,’” Ford said. “The boy who has talked to us said, ‘We were bored and didn’t have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody.’”

He said they followed the 22-year-old Lane, a student from Melbourne attending college on a baseball scholarship, in a car and shot him in the back before driving off.

Ford told the television station KOCO in Oklahoma City that one of the teens said they shot Lane for “the fun of it.”

SOURCE

What. The. Hell. I don't even know what to think about this. The "perfectly horrible" thing about this is both who did it and why. These kids weren't defending themselves. They weren't diagnosed with severe mental disorders or anything. They literally just shot a man for fun.

What is it with people these days? As if the Boston Bomber, Aurora shooting and the Sandy Hook incident weren't enough...now the kids are turning on us! I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. But I am saying it's getting worse. When our own kids become murderers out of nothing more than sheer boredom, what does that say about our society?

This is awful. This is just plain disgusting.
edit on 20-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Already posted sir.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's the parents. They don't want to be involved in their childrens lives so they let little Johnny do whatever he wants and so he is raised with no morals, no role models, no etc...and this is how he turns out.

But yeah...having children is a right.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Wow. I should have looked. I'm sorry about that...it just pissed me off so much I needed to get it out there. The kids are our future and this is the crap they're prepared to do with it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

This is sickening and we wonder why the world hates the u.s.

I'm really getting sick and tired of these sorry-a** teens thinking they can do whatever they please.

And you're right, it is the parents fault but teenagers nowadays are much smarter and wiser just like an immature adult.

I'm just disgusted by this story

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

I agree with you. While I do believe it is the parents fault, the children/teenagers themselves are making their own choices, and behaving like their awful parents did, is just showing that they don't have the intelligence to see others mistakes and learn from them.

Everything we do in life is our choice. These idiots deserve to be locked up for the rest of their natural life.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No its all good, let the discussion continue my friend. I have a friend who just moved from Australia a year ago and I welcome him with open arms and love but, I warned him the way American society works and how evil people can be here. When I saw this story it just reminded me of him.

This is why one of the reasons we have police brutality and state here and im not justify this its wrong but in my law enforcement career I treat every teen as an adult. The teen generation is changing for harder and more criminalize adult.
edit on 20-8-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2013 by sylent6 because: it

edit on 20-8-2013 by sylent6 because: mobile keys..

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Considering that the three teens were black males, I am wondering where is all the outrage in the MLM ala Travon Martin. Also, wondering if this is backlash from the verdict.

These comments may not be well received but I honestly can't help but wonder.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
for the murder of a very well-respected baseball player who came on vacation and left on...a hearse.

How could he leave the USA on a hearse? Australia is on the other side of the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

That's a very good point. If anything, I would be the first black person demanding justice for the victim and making sure these punks get what they deserve.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CatherineWheel
Do we really want Australians running around loose in America?

The island was founded by criminals. You know what that means. The current inhabitants have descended from criminals. We not talking about philandering royalty. I mean the real kind of criminals.

You know what, I'm hold my tongue and cheek for your insulating comments but I can say this, just in case you forgot where you're living. America is run by criminal themselves or have you forgotten?

The nerve of your comment.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CatherineWheel

Do we really want Australians running around loose in America?

The island was founded by criminals. You know what that means. The current inhabitants have descended from criminals. We not talking about philandering royalty. I mean the real kind of criminals.

Criminals, vagrants, or anyone they just didn't want around anymore. Some of them were shipped off for such small things as being open-minded. Or stealing bread to feed their family. Point being, they have progressed as a whole and are now a very respectable country. I have met Australian people, and they are very nice and forthcoming citizens. Not our citizens, but still very much human. And that's all I really care about.

This is the kind of thing that concerns me about this. You apparently have some kind of prejudice against Australians because of how Australia was first founded, and yet it was Americans who coldly murdered this Australian out of boredom. So what's our excuse?
edit on 20-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Originally posted by Xaphan

for the murder of a very well-respected baseball player who came on vacation and left on...a hearse.

How could he leave the USA on a hearse? Australia is on the other side of the world.

I can see how conversations with you must be absolutely enthralling.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
That is a truly sad story. Yet, I agree with the fact that poor, or sometimes lack of, proper parental upbringing in the early years has brought upon this kind of violence among the kids. I also believe that what these kids are watching has a great influence on their actions, as well. I know, I know. "Well, I let my kids watch such and such a show/movie/game and they're not going off on a killing spree." However, combined with poor parenting, it does make for a bad combination in a young mind that thinks they can get away with anything. I'm guessing these are the same kinds of parents who thought it was cute when their kids said vulgar words when they were a toddler or thought it was adorable to see their daughter doing a "sexy dance".

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Aaaaaaaaand is this just another reason for me to NEVER go back to OKC. Ungh.

The Cheesecake Factory was half decent, the half percent beer not so much.
edit on 20-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Duh.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Gee wilikers Batman,
I wonder how the word "bored" became
so powerful a motive in this country of ours.

It couldn't be
because of the
corporate controlled media.

Could it?

Mike

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Are you suggesting that corporate media encouraged those boys to kill out of boredom?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join