It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 19. 2013. CIA admits role in 1953 Iranian coup.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Declassified documents describe in detail how US – with British help – engineered coup against Mohammad Mosaddeq

This is not big News for anyone on ATS. But it is News that CIA admits its role in staging the coup in 1953.

The CIA/US did not do this all by them selves. The Brits were also involved.

The US admits that they planed and staged the coup in a effort to lighten the tension between Iran and the US. as the middle east is spinning out of controll.

The CIA has publicly admitted for the first time that it was behind the notorious 1953 coup against Iran's democratically elected prime minister Mohammad Mosaddeq, in documents that also show how the British government tried to block the release of information about its own involvement in his overthrow.

The documents, published on the archive's website www2.gwu.edu... under freedom of information laws, describe in detail how the US – with British help – engineered the coup, codenamed TPAJAX by the CIA and Operation Boot by Britain's MI6.

Thegardian August 19. 2013 : CIA admits role in 1953 Iranian coup
www.theguardian.com...

Britain, and in particular Sir Anthony Eden, the foreign secretary, regarded Mosaddeq as a serious threat to its strategic and economic interests after the Iranian leader nationalised the British Anglo-Iranian Oil Company, latterly known as BP. But the UK needed US support. The Eisenhower administration in Washington was easily persuaded.

British documents show how senior officials in the 1970s tried to stop Washington from releasing documents that would be "very embarrassing" to the UK.

Official papers in the UK remain secret, even though accounts of Britain's role in the coup are widespread. In 2009 the former foreign secretary Jack Straw publicly referred to many British "interferences" in 20th-century Iranian affairs. On Monday the Foreign Office said it could neither confirm nor deny Britain's involvement in the coup.

It seams like Iran have a very good reason to hate the US and the Brits.

edit on Tue Aug 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added source, snippped quote , fixed tag IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Its what they did and its what they do.

From the US copper mines in Chile and the installation of Pinochet to the invasion of Central America via the United Fruit Company to Operation Ajax, the CIA is the foreign enforcement division for BIG business.

This role has now been assumed by the US military in the form of invasion and occupation.

The CIA is still involved but the sheer barbarianism of the US government via private businesses in their hunger for $$$ is on a whole new level.

edit on 20-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thank you!!! I was waiting for someone to post this! Star and Flag this very important topic everyone!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The CIA took part in the coup....old news. But them admitting it is highly important!

This should be an eye-opener for all of us and we should be concerned about what else they have been up to, but have not disclosed to the public.

Good thread!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

But it's okay now.....They admitted to it....

It's too bad the government didn't admit to more of our "wacky" theories that nobody (debunker) believes!!

Sorry debunkers, nothing against you......Just that every wacko conspiracy theorist out there isn't always wrong....Just as not everything the government says is.....Wait a minute, I take that back

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I call BS! I saw Argo, the CIA saved all those innocent people! Besides Ben Affleck wouldn't lie to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by spy66

Its what they did and its what they do.

From the US copper mines in Chile and the installation of Pinochet to the invasion of Central America via the United Fruit Company to Operation Ajax, the CIA is the foreign enforcement division for BIG business.

This role has now been assumed by the US military in the form of invasion and occupation.

The CIA is still involved but the sheer barbarianism of the US government via private businesses in their hunger for $$$ is on a whole new level.

edit on 20-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

When the "subtle CIA" fails, that's when we send in the military. If we're invading a country or sending in forces, it's because our intelligence guys failed. We'd rather do things quietly from behind the scenes.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Absolutely true the CIA and MI5 are guilty as charged.

And the Iranians have taken student's hostage and with it's very own CIA- MOIS have gone around the ME doing the SAME THING, and does the same thing as the West get's vilified for.

Sorry Iran doesn't have any High ground from where I sit because of ME history like places in Afghanistan in the 80s who was right there along side the CIA arming the mujahideen to fight them Russians as well as other hotspots in the ME.

edit on 20-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Now why would they admit this, at this moment especially?

I have it... The public has learned over the last few months that they lie, even when truth would serve their purpose better. They lie to the enemy. They lie to the world. They lie to Congress and they lie to the American people.

So maybe they figure if they admit to something they really did, everyone will believe they are lying like usual and assume they didn't? I see what they're doing here.... Clever....Reverse psychology!

...Or maybe they just figured no one bought this bucket of bull anymore so what's to lose by admitting it? Except of course.. we now have a very legitimate question in how much of modern day Middle East chaos originated from some people playing god with other nations in the 50's?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
The CIA took part in the coup....old news. But them admitting it is highly important!

This should be an eye-opener for all of us and we should be concerned about what else they have been up to, but have not disclosed to the public.

Good thread!

Could it be that whistleblowers were poised to give out a lot of information so they figure if the confess it looks better or made a deal to do so. They now have said they do have an area 51, they are releasing some JFK info, the Dianna investigation got some new information from somewhere, there was apologies for testing of people is it all related?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I wonder if in the year 2073 everyone will get a media message sent to their brain computer about the CIA's involvement in Syria and Egypt.

Thanks for the honesty, CIA.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I think there is a much more nefarious reason they would admit to everything that happened in the 1950's..... I don't like it... they have been wanting to go to war against Iran soon, maybe its sooner than we thought? I don't know....

But why admit now that we overthrew the democracy in Iran - which is the very reason that when the people of Iran overthrew the shah in 1979 they decided to instill an Islamic Republic instead of another democracy, as they saw a democracy as not being able to stand up against the US as strongly as an Islamic government....

makes you wonder what they are really up to. But I don't think it has anything to do with secrets being exposed concerning some of the things the government is doing.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's been 60 years to the day, isn't that the standard for classified docs when it comes to FOIA requests?

I thought the JFK files were locked up for 60 years too.

I think in 2061 the truth about 9/11 will come out, whatever it is -- but no one will care by then.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That's possible. All I know is that eventually the true seems to always surface, but what's important is how we receive it.

Should we allow our governments to do these sorts of things in our name?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Char-Lee

That's possible. All I know is that eventually the true seems to always surface, but what's important is how we receive it.

Should we allow our governments to do these sorts of things in our name?

They do them without the people knowing, by the time we know the original people are not in power and/or nobody will believe it can happen again. Show people the nasty stuff their Government has done and they don't believe it, it seems swept under the rug as soon as it is admitted to. For instance the apology for killing people they tested with Aids. Anyone even bat an eye? Oh and that was one more recent disclosure which is odd.

U.S. government medical researchers intentionally infected hundreds of people in Guatemala, including institutionalized mental patients, with gonorrhea and syphilis without their knowledge or permission more than 60 years ago.

www.nbcnews.com...-rFA

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive696969

Actually telling historical facts as a balance to the spin that Iran is just a 'victim'.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The ghost of Kermit Roosevelt rides again! That's the true face of the CIA right there.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It just proves to me that the current government is a US made , and don't ask me why , only because it has survived all those years in power proves it , plain and simple .

Sorry if I haven't mentioned follow the money

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Let's not forget how the Iranian coup fits the timeline.
I give you this [very rough] chronology of current events in 1953.

7 Jan. Truman announces he's got a hydrogen bomb.
14 Jan. The Robertson Panel on UFO's.
20 Jan. Ike and Dick take control.

Early Feb. Howard Hughes is creating the Hughes Medical Institute and selling off his RKO interests.
Early Feb. Peter Pan. Studio Walt Disney Productions Distributed by RKO Radio Pictures.
26 Feb. Allen Dulles gets the DCIA assignment.

Early March. Future president Carter is on his Seawolf assignment and Josef Stalin dies.

13 Apr. MKULTRA begins.

1 Jun. Nixon promoted to Navy Commander O-5.
9 Jun. CIA approves use of '___' in support of MKULTRA.
19 Jun. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are put to death for conspiracy to commit espionage.

7 Jul. Che Guevara is on tour in the Latin American countries.
9 Jul. The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) changes it's name to Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
26 Jul. Fidel Castro's revolution for Cuba begins.
27 Jul. United Nations signs armistice treaty with North Korea.

8 Aug. Soviet prime minister Georgi Malenkov announces that the Soviet Union has a hydrogen bomb.

Commentary: All this commotion for the new president Ike! He's only been in office 6 months and look at all that ruckus! The Communists were knocking at the door! We haven't even come to the Iran Coup. That's next.

15 Aug. Kermit's Revolution in Iran.

Mid Sep. Nikita Khrushchev is selected First Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party.

6 Oct. Nixon leaves for a 2 month trip to the Far East and Asia, including Iran.

Commentary: Ike sends Dick on the tour 1. for his training to become president 2. to secure the order of power in Asia & the Far East, including Iran, and to communicate to those leaders what we did in Tehran can be done in your countries, too.

30 Oct. NSC 162-2
U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower formally approves the top secret document of the United States National Security Council NSC 162/2, which states that the United States' arsenal of nuclear weapons must be maintained and expanded to counter the communist threat.

1 Dec. Marilyn Monroe on the cover of Playboy.
7 Dec. Iranian riots during Richard Nixon's "power tour".
8 Dec. Ike's "Atoms for Peace" speech at the UN General Assembly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join