It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 19. 2013. CIA admits role in 1953 Iranian coup.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
MI6 already declassified this ages ago.

they just want to gain trust by telling you what you already (can) know.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
so in 50-60 years we should get some honesty about things that are going on now..great...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

The easiest way to look at it is like this... no nation acts in aggression toward another unless it's leaders believe they can attain something valuable from it, resources... whether those resources are oil, gold, rare earths or people. The fact that most nations with intelligence bureaus try the coup method or destabilization method proves the theory. The UK got BP out of this deal.

Maybe Eisenhower couldn't handle the guilt of it thus his exit speech warning us all. I wonder what Obama's exit speech will focus on...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
It's been 60 years to the day, isn't that the standard for classified docs when it comes to FOIA requests?

I thought the JFK files were locked up for 60 years too.

I think in 2061 the truth about 9/11 will come out, whatever it is -- but no one will care by then.

Too true. No one cares today, let alone in that many years from now.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

There is another motivation....and our leaders have been *SO* effective at BS'ing us for so long we've come to actually believe they aren't human anymore in terms of emotion and cannot experience a basic one. Fear. Occasionally, and sure true back in those times, fear drove U.S. Policy.

You're certainly old enough so I don't have to give up for lack of way to explain it...but remember, in those days? The U.S. was about 11-15 minutes from mass death at several million degrees out of a point in thin air. Every day. Every week. Every year. I sure remember growing up knowing full well and being reminded occasionally, I lived in a place the Soviets had SO over-targeted for destruction, bacteria would not survive. That was Southern California and one of the locations they had Nuclear Drilling in mind. You know, a train of warheads, one after another, until the nut they want is cracked. I'll leave it to those from that area and era to guess the nut in Southern California they would have trained warheads into. It's still sitting there for all to see and still functional to my knowledge...so I'll leave it there.

I just wanted to add that though. The 50's was the McCarthy Era, among other indicators to remind us what life was like during those times for everyone. A wild time to be had by all..with some insanely stupid things done. Some things for profit and some things out of fear, both justified and not.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, this is mentioned in Oliver Stone's 'The Untold History of the United States '.
So much for the naysayers who dismissed his doco as anti American, communist propaganda.

edit on 22-8-2013 by MisterMahound because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's a shame that this is actually newsworthy. As if everyone didn't already know!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Yawns

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000That was Southern California and one of the locations they had Nuclear Drilling in mind. You know, a train of warheads, one after another, until the nut they want is cracked. I'll leave it to those from that area and era to guess the nut in Southern California they would have trained warheads into. It's still sitting there for all to see and still functional to my knowledge...so I'll leave it there.

Disneyland? Maybe Kruschev was really M.A.D. about not getting to see Disneyland when he toured the USA in September 19, 1959.
Article on Kruschev's tour www.smithsonianmag.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
When I (rarely) see the news, I don't think, "Is this true?"

I think, "Why does someone want me to believe this or think about this?"

If the CIA chose to make this public, they didn't do it because

a) altruism has moved their hand to be fair and just
b) "golly the insane dictator enemy will like us better if we admit what he knew anyway"
c) it just seemed like time for a little more honesty in the world

So if those were not the likely reasons, what may be the reasons? And at this time?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedCairoSo if those were not the likely reasons, what may be the reasons? And at this time?

I think it will take more than "admitted involvement" or the releasing of CIA documents to satisfy Iran. Ahmadinejad wants an apology, did he ever get one?

Shortly after Obama's inauguration on January 20, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad demanded apologies for "crimes" he said the United States had committed against Iran, starting with the 1953 coup.

June 4, 2009 - U.S. President Barack Obama has admitted US involvement in the 1953 coup in Iran which overthrew the democratically elected government of premier Mossadegh. Source www.geopoliticalmonitor.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Ahh…

Someone has forgotten to mention that during 2nd world wars Iran was NEUTRAL but being raped by both Russian/Brits and Americans without any consideration.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ynetnews.com...

www.parstimes.com...

That is the main reason why Iranian traditionally likes to distance themselves politically from any other nations mentioned above.

Unless they make a coupe and install a puppet regime (s).

edit on 23-8-2013 by amkia because: one of the links didnt worked

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

LOL.. NO.. Disneyland was no military target that I know of unless someone in Russia just had a warped sense of humor for targeting and aimed one right at Snow White's Castle out of spite. That wouldn't shock me I suppose...

Nawww.. I thought a bit about this and screw it, it's featured in at least one 1980's movie I know of so it's not like it's mere existence is actually classified or anything. It's just a thing I doubt 90% in modern day Southern California know anything about. Why would they?

You know the big building sitting on the mountain between Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley? It's a communications center and relay station among other things. The topside building is, anyway. The several levels below it and which are built INTO that mountain are anything but LAPD communications. It's also one of the biggest open secrets, sitting in plain sight, one could ask for an example of. .....and would have been drilled to the bedrock, as I understood things, growing up.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Actually when I was in 5th grade and starting to pay attention to the world around me... it was the time of Reagan and Gorbachev. To my innocent mind I saw the world as having come to understanding that nuclear war wasn't an option, only peace could work.

Ha...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join