It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange: "I`m a big admirer of Ron Paul"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Julian Assange: "I`m a big admirer of Ron Paul"

rt.com

Speaking from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, Assange said during a live-streamed question-and-answer session that he is “a big admirer of Ron Paul and Rand Paul for their very principled positions in the US Congress on a number of issues.”

The Paul family, added Assange, have been “the strongest supporters of the fight against the US attack on WikiLeaks and on me.”

".. the Libertarian aspect of the Republican Party is presently the only useful political voice in the US Congress",

(visit the link for the full news article)

Alternative Source: ABC News
edit on 19-8-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
After much speculation on Julian Assanges political leanings he finally comes out of the closet as a Ron Paul supporter.

Assange goes on to say what so many of us on ATS think:

“The Republican Party in so far as how it has coupled together with the war industry is not a conservative party at all and the Libertarian aspect of the Republican Party is presently the only useful political voice in the US Congress,” said Assange.

“It’s not going to come from the Democrats, it’s not going to come from Ralph Nader, it’s not going to come from the co-opted parts of the Republican Party,” Assange said. “The only hope as far as electoral politics… presently, is the libertarian section of the Republican Party.”

I fully support his views. We all know the Democrats and the non-Libertarian majority of the Republican party have become neglectful of our privacies and freedoms. Both Bush and Obama supported Police-State-like policies unprecedented in the History of this country.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Julian Assange on Matt Drudge, Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Anonymous:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Actually good to see a thread where positive support echoes through.
Most of the people I talk to act as if Assange is a terrorist.
If you gather news from the MSM, you get that same idea.
When in actuality, he supports the very principles I, and alot of others, do.
It's good to see the man stand up and tell it like it is.

If Rand runs in 2016, he will have my support 110%.
Just like his father.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
When Rand Paul decided to back the Republican candidate, rather then his Father many of us were pretty harsh and condemned him for betraying Ron Paul, I know I was. In hind sight they did exactly the right thing, there is no possibility to have any kind of meaningful impact or debate unless you work from within.

I never believed only 1% of America voted 3rd party.....and it gives me a glimmer of hope that Rand Paul will continue in his Father's footsteps. I just hope that the sacrifices and integrity of people like Assange, Snowden, Greenwald, Hastings (RIP)... are not in vain and we continue to out the criminals and support those brave enough to do it.

Deep respect for the Paul family and every human that continues to fight the good fight.....

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I find it ironic how political support has been divided on this issue. Some Republicans will condemn Assange to life in prison, while others mirror his sentiment on certain issues. Then we have the democrats implementing policies that seem to go against some fundamental principles of their party.

I think this acknowledges some of the limitations of a two party system.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
When Rand Paul decided to back the Republican candidate, rather then his Father many of us were pretty harsh and condemned him for betraying Ron Paul, I know I was. In hind sight they did exactly the right thing, there is no possibility to have any kind of meaningful impact or debate unless you work from within.

Precisely. He is taking a different route than his father because he grew up seeing his father struggle and be marginalized. Rand Paul is moving a bit more toward the mainstream so that he stands a chance of being elected to then (hopefully) show his true face (unless he gets corrupted by the time he finally makes it).

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Too bad a libertarian won't be taken seriously in the US for another 15 years or so.

Hillary Clinton is going to dominate the political scene from here to the next election and beyond. Rand isn't as libertarian as I would like, nor most moderate libertarians.

So yeah, Assange can like him all he wants, but his support actually only hurts the libertarian movement in if you ask me. Most Americans still believe Assange to be some traitor, even if he isn't a citizen.

So when he 'allies' himself with major political figures within the US, it just de-legitimatizes those movements in the eyes of many Americans.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I find it ironic how political support has been divided on this issue. Some Republicans will condemn Assange to life in prison, while others mirror his sentiment on certain issues. Then we have the democrats implementing policies that seem to go against some fundamental principles of their party.

I think this acknowledges some of the limitations of a two party system.

What you might notice is that this news confuses the mainstream democrats and republicans. The democrats that were for him will be turned off by this news, and the republicans that were against him will have second thoughts.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

So when he 'allies' himself with major political figures within the US, it just de-legitimatizes those movements in the eyes of many Americans.

~Tenth

So you would say that its unwelcome endorsement....

I don't see Hillary Clinton "dominating" America in the next 10 years. I bet against it and I`ll send you a link to this post in a few years.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What you might notice is that this news confuses the normal democrats and republicans. The democrats that were for him will be turned off by this news, and the republicans that were against him will have second thoughts.

I agree and I think we have already been seeing a bit of exactly what you have described with politicians being comparatively neutral since the mass surveillance news broke.

At the end of the day, they are all politicians and try to go with the ebb and flow of public opinion. Right now, Rand is front and center doing a good job of being critical of questionable US policy and Ron has just been the way he has always been.

This neutralization of the US government will lead to interesting 2016 election year! Typically we have seen polarization on issues, not the case currently.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Team A:
Assange, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Snowden, Greenwald, Manning et al......
Philosophy: Get the truth out, irrespective of the personal cost.

Team B:
Obama, Bush, Clinton, NSA, DHS etc
Philosophy: Lie through your teeth at any cost.

Gee, let me think on all this for a millisecond.

Team A...Good
Team B....Bunch of Richard Craniums.

NB: Hillary needs a real good slap - cow. Obama is a tool.

I'll see myself out, thank-you............

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I wish he hadn't done that. Most people, in this country anyway, strongly dislike Assange. They see him as an enemy to this country because this country doesn't like the truth. By endorsing Ron Paul, he hurts Ron and Rand Paul's image and makes it that much easier for "them" to label those of us with Libertarian ideals as domestic terrorists. They're already linking Alex Jones supporters with the Boston Bombers. It won't be long before they tie Libertarians in as well. Given the political leanings of most of Alex Jones' supporters (Libertarian and Conservative), it won't be difficult.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Who cares what he thinks, he is not a US citizen.

A fugitive from justice is not who any sane politician wants stumping for them anyways.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Fork ron paul. He won't admit 911 was an inside job. He's paid by the govt to simply play the role of govt critic.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

A fugitive from justice blah blah blah.

Excuse me, I think you are confused brah, we are talking about Assange and Ron Paul here not Obama, Clinton(s), Bush, Blair, Howard, etc - get with the program pal.

Geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Fork ron paul. He won't admit 911 was an inside job. He's paid by the govt to simply play the role of govt critic.

Or, novel idea here, he just happens to not believe 911 is an inside job.

Not every person of importance who believes 911 was a terrorist attack is being paid or coerced to do so

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I guess I am mildely suprised that julian assange would say all that. Most if not all truthers are ron paul and rand paul supporters. Its not like third parties have existed for eternity but get snobbed out of town every single election period.

Something big and drastic needs to happen with american politics. Its becoming a drag to even reply anymore to mainstream news.

The real libertarian was gary johnson who got .99% of the total vote. Ron and Rand Paul seem like traditional conservatives that are against the globalist agenda, not really libertarians.

I like the constitution party but would settle for a libertarian victory anytime. The first course of action is to get that magical 5% of the total vote, so that they can get matching funds and forcefully get exposure with the media.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Not one single politician has admitted 9-11 was an inside job despite the fact many(or most) have gotten the message by now. I am talking both mainstream candidates AND alternative candidates. Some things just aren't talked about in america.

You must be thinking of central american banana republics where the opposition accuses the winner of cheating and genocide quite often. In fact in those countries politicians encourage people to take arms against the enemy.

I wonder when we will drop political correctness which is plaguing this nation into ordered chaos and start calling things what they are. Heck I cant even respond to trolls on ATS without getting warnings and eventually banned.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strewth

Team A:
Assange, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Snowden, Greenwald, Manning et al......
Philosophy: Get the truth out, irrespective of the personal cost.

Team B:
Obama, Bush, Clinton, NSA, DHS etc
Philosophy: Lie through your teeth at any cost.

I think you nailed it. Its truth vs. politics. I guess nothing has changed in the last few thousand years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join