It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian research project: immortality to billionaires - transplanting brains into Robots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Are you guys ready for a bunch of Rich, Powerful, Select group of individuals at the very top of the food chain, existing within robot bodies while continuing to rule the world's Govs???

Sounds like a normal day to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
How absolutely pathetic that people are so afraid of passing on that they would consider going to such grotesque lengths to stay here,in Any form.Btw what happens if the robot sustains catastrophic damage-like say,a bomb blast or shot at with a drone-wha then?How feeble.I cannot imagine anything worse than immortality Here-these rich folks must be bloody daft,who ever would even consider that.Uuugh..but then,karma is a bitch.No wonder some would love to postpone another go on the merry-go-round,in less favorable circumstances:lol
athetic.

Taking a biblical point of view, in most cases, they don't have a lot of good stuff to look forward to if they do die, hence trying to put the witness stand off for as long as humanly, or in this case, inhumanly as possible.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I do not think it will work out. They may be able to reach the success of sustaining brain function, but the psychological implications of what experiencing life in a different body will probably be the downfall.

The human brain is designed to work with the human body, specifically it's own, matching body. Leaving the security of it's own body for life in an artificial vehicle could cause serious mental breakdowns, instability.

Then there is the question of our senses. Our brain is wired to cope with billions of bits of information every moment. If only a very minor error is present in the system, there is no telling how the brain may react. I could imagine it would not be at all good. If there is an issue in multiple systems, then the brain may shut-itself down. The physical and mental pain could be intense on a level that we can't even imagine.

However, if our ultimate goal is to reach some level of immortality, it's obvious that it must be limited to a select few. Earth could never produce the resources to sustain a multiplying, immortal population.

I could also imagine that there is a price, beyond financial cost, that the client would probably be willing to pay. The stipulation would be that anyone who wishes to be 'immortalized' must also accept living their eternity off Earth.

I would even venture to say that this type of formality could serve to drive the price of the procedure down, while allowing humans to continue reproducing, biologically, as-well-as furthering our advancement as a species - both technologically and, as we expand to more and more planets, migratory.

Live 35 years on Earth, then become immortal and be shot off Earth - or live a natural life on Earth, without immortality. Being immortal sure does sound enticing, but I'm not sure that it would be all it's cracked up to be.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Dominicus I don't think it will ever be an issue for at least 95% of the global population-to the rabble,the swineous swultitude like us peasants,it will never be made available-and thank whatever deities that may exist for that.Most people don't live their lives in such a way that they have to "fear the reaper" to such a ridiculous extent+nor the afterlife,whatever it turns out to be.Most people have dull average humdrum lives,some work hard all their lives because they have no choice.From their late 40's on they start making peace with the fact that they will depart here some years in the future,and either go someplace else,to some afterlife or reincarnate again.Most people have not had such a delicious,fabulous joyride here,that they are so loathe to let go that they would go to such a length to remain here at all+any cost.And if some did-tough sheets for those-this grotesquery will always only be for a select few.Well,imo.

edit on 18-8-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So a bunch of senile old brain dead robots will be running things! Nice.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I think it will work. If you read my original post, I showed that scientists already grew stem cell based rat brains in petri dishes hooked up to electrodes connected to a flight simulator. That rat brain only has the input/output of the simulator as its only reality. It doesn't need to be worried or have to deal with bodily functions other than having a nutrient-based broth poured over the brain itself.

So in principal, that rat brain adapted to it's existence as a bodiless brain with the flight simulator being its only reality, along with what ever other thoughts it was/is having.

Next step, is to try it with a human brain grown in petri dish, to see if it becomes sentient/conscious. bet you a grand that brain will take on consciousness!!!!!

Its a matter of time before science figures out what frequency/spectrum/rate/dimension Consciousness itself functions in and will be able to manipulate it in various ways.

If you told someone in the 1800's there would eventually be cars and airplanes, they would have looked at you like you are crazy, and maybe even locked you in an asylum. But what we are talking about here, some of the greatest scientific minds in the world are saying it is possible/inevitable

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Imagine robo putin

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Not trying to be sarcastic here, but a rat brain in a petri dish controlling a flight simulator is still a far cry from Robocop.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Another thing-the very rich are used to only the BEST sensory input this planet has to offer-the finest,most delish food,fine fabrics against their skin,beautiful sights and smells-so much more than just bacon to miss,in a robot body!
We are all immortal anyway(imo of course) so sooner or later we all say farewell to the flesh suit,we all ditch this plane-i would prefer for it to be in the natural way.Aahh madness,this is madness-well at least the rich folks will have enough money to also pay to be released when they cannot stand it anymore,the iron man suit that can register none of the joyous sensations that these idiots are addicted to,the joys of life in the flesh,that they had so much to partake of-Its not like they can take their money with them anyway

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Most people have not had such a delicious,fabulous joyride here,that they are so loathe to let go that they would go to such a length to remain here at all+any cost.And if some did-tough sheets for those-this grotesquery will always only be for a select few.Well,imo.

edit on 18-8-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

I understand completely what you are saying. I myself remember pre-existing as a soul (Bodiless awareness) prior to being born in a body. Since I was a child, this place(earth) to me has been hell/prison, with ego, drunkenness, brokenness, war, disease, pestilence, rapes, pillage, etc.

However, I have come to know Love, friendship, success, indian food(my fav), the beauty of a woman's body, my dog being my best friend, a sunset, a moonlit summer sky, etc etc.

Now me, I'm fine with letting go and returning to the source hence forth I came from. However, I understand the mentality of a rich individual (I worked for a self made multi-millionare before), and have seen the extent to which they are wrapped in their worries, control, power, money, lust for more, etc. And this kind of person will go out of their way to have their brain transplanted into a robot body to continue running the empire they worked so hard to build. In particular, those who's lives are joy rides, will wish to take advantage of this tech the most

Dominicus I don't think it will ever be an issue for at least 95% of the global population-to the rabble,the swineous swultitude like us peasants,it will never be made available-and thank whatever deities that may exist for that.Most people don't live their lives in such a way that they have to "fear the reaper" to such a ridiculous extent+nor the afterlife,whatever it turns out to be.Most people have dull average humdrum lives,some work hard all their lives because they have no choice.From their late 40's on they start making peace with the fact that they will depart here some years in the future,and either go someplace else,to some afterlife or reincarnate again.

Yes I agree. I'd even say 99% won't have access to this. But hear me out. What if that 1% in robot bodies, have immunity from a massive global pandemic that wipes out everyone but them? From there on out, they would continue their own progeny by using the very tech, A.I. software, and stem-cell brains to continue a sort of reproduction process to rebuild earth via Bionic-Beings. Or they can plan something along these lines to be a purposeful kill shot.

Another angle to look at, since we all use cell phones and have used GPS to help us get to a destination, is that merging with technology does have some benefits. For example, if you have an A.I. (Siri assistant) type of software downloaded into your brain, and your driving to work in the morning. You have 2 ways to get there. Highway or use the streets. LEt's say they both look somewhat traffic-y.

So you ask the AI, what are the best stats/odds to get you there the quickest? That AI, would then instantly scan the last 100 years of stats based on Monday mornings/partly cloudy/ 8a.m/month/day/year, etc and give an answer that really is the best option. Something your own brain would need a week to figure out based on inputting data into a spreadsheet.

Or for example, some guy winks at you. You think he's cute, but you had a few glasses of wine. That AI can look at the body language, facial features, eye color, look at stats based on all of that and where you meet him, and let you know that there's a 90% chance that all he wants is a One night stand. Something you would never have been able to figure out based on your wine impairment.

Also, there are areas of the brain the light up for those who experience God and those who have 50,000 hours of meditation under their belts. Just slip on a special helmet, and BOOM, access to your own spirituality.

In some aspects, the rich transferring brains into robots can be real bad. In other aspects, merging with tech allows us to communicate in this forum and find our way around town.

There's a real fine line between the two

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

LOOOOOOOOOOL!
2nd

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Another thing-the very rich are used to only the BEST sensory input this planet has to offer-the finest,most delish food,fine fabrics against their skin,beautiful sights and smells-so much more than just bacon to miss,in a robot body!
We are all immortal anyway(imo of course) so sooner or later we all say farewell to the flesh suit,we all ditch this plane-i would prefer for it to be in the natural way.Aahh madness,this is madness-well at least the rich folks will have enough money to also pay to be released when they cannot stand it anymore,the iron man suit that can register none of the joyous sensations that these idiots are addicted to,the joys of life in the flesh,that they had so much to partake of-Its not like they can take their money with them anyway

That's all going to change as well. They can already grow organs based on stem cells in petri dishes. Just the other day, the big news is that they grew some heart stem cells in a petri dish which began to beat on their own. It won't be hard at all to add various organs as inputs to a robot body. Not only that, once the tech gets real good, they can add Eagle/Hawk vision, super-sonic hearing, the nose of a bloodhound, the tastebuds of what ever animal has the most amount, 100 times the amount of nerve ending for some kind of sexual organs, 60 minute long orgasms, etc...all of that will soon be manipulated.

So once the tech advances, it will be a much better upgrade to have one of these bodies and majority will want one. Just take the Justin Beiber and Big named rapper of 2050, have them do a song about how they're going to transfer but no one else can, and then the masses will be begging, clamoring for something like this.

Take for example the short lifespan of our current bodies, and how they get sick, weak, cancer, disease, aging, so easy to be killed/die. But now scientists know which genes to switch off to allow for 500-1000 year life spans with practically no aging, how to engineer super immune systems.

Scientists have the blueprints to the human body, and know how to make it better. Which begs the question, why are they so weak and terribly designed in the first place?? That brings up a whole vast array of other questions and debates. I'm looking at you ancient alien theorists!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

This should be done to a recently deceased police officer.

Would make a great movie

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeone718

This should be done to a recently deceased police officer.

Would make a great movie

We can call it something like Copbot.

10 years away for it to be reality. Wonder who the first volunteer will be. Hopefully not g.w.bush or barry O'

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I look forward to my mind uploading. But I will pass on being downloaded into a robot body. I will choose to be downloaded into a new (20-year old) cloned (my DNA) human body, containing my re-created (3d-bioprinted) brain. And when that body wears out, I'll repeat the process. Over and over again. Hopefully, my next body will get to enjoy space flight - via Area51 S4 saucer, and NASA warp drive. The universe has a lot to explore. I'll need the 'mind upload' immortality process to do it.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Just like mine as well: I think that the Brain transfer-Beings, will be [b]cold and calculated narcissist based psychopaths. Intuition/empathy/love comes from the heart, not brain. So yes I too am I little worried of where this might go. Like the beginning of the terminator series.

If ever possible, it would be Hell on Earth with these types and I would not want to be around either when we get to that stage. I believe we progress as souls, through different stages but they won't be. They'll be stuck here in a never ending Hell of their own creation, that is without love, compassion, and wisdom, taking everyone with them.

Oh wait, we are pretty much already there

Sounds like a normal day to me.

edit on 18-8-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

Not trying to be sarcastic here, but a rat brain in a petri dish controlling a flight simulator is still a far cry from Robocop.

Well if you take a look at the accomplishments of robotics today and add that in, it is very significant.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
"He is online! Hurrah!"
"Awful quiet isn't he?"
"He is probably exploring the vast reaches, uncomprehensible to our unaided mind"
"Quite right!"
*a little drool slides off the Emperors lips...*

edit on 18-8-2013 by Emeraldous because: vid

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

If this comes to fruition it will be a human-like abomination desolate of the soul. A meat computer wired into hardware and as soulless as a transplanted kidney..

Will this be "The abomination of desolation"?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Okay cool. But how would the brain get its nutrients? What about sex? It wouldnt be immortality, either. What about brain diseases and things like Alzheimers? The body has millions or billions of nerve endings that get to feel. I doubt the early robopeople could compete with that. This does sound awesome though. A lot of potential for good and a lot of potential for evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join