It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian research project: immortality to billionaires - transplanting brains into Robots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
SOURCE

A Russian entrepreneur who heads a hi-tech research project called 'Avatar' has contacted billionaires to offer them immortality.

Itskov claims he will personally oversee their immortality process, in exchange for an undisclosed fee.

Itskov, a media entrepreneur, claims to have hired 30 scientists to reach this goal - and aims to transplant a human brain into a robot body within 10 years.

'You have the ability to finance the extension of your own life up to immortality. Our civilization has come very close to the creation of such technologies: it's not a science fiction fantasy. It is in your power to make sure that this goal will be achieved in your lifetime,' says Itskov in a letter delivered to billionaires listed in Forbes magazine.

Looks like it doesn't matter what anyone believes, values/ethic/morals/religions, the Avatar based Technocracy is coming regardless and it will be the Rich folks who get there first!!!!!

Contacted list of world's richest to offer immortality
Will personally oversee brain transplant into robot body
Entrepreneur claims to have 30 scientists working on project
Aims to 'transplant' human mind into robot body in 10 years
Claims 'next stage' of science is to create a 'new human body'
'This project is leading to immortality,' says Dmitry Itskov

I knew this was coming eventually, because Scientists grew a Rat brain (from stem cells) in a petri dish, connected to a bunch of electrodes, which eventually became conscious and learned how to fly a flight simulator!!!!! in 2004!!!! 10 years AGO!!!!

(CNN) -- A Florida scientist has developed a "brain" in a glass dish that is capable of flying a virtual fighter plane and could enhance medical understanding of neural disorders such as epilepsy.

The "living computer" was grown from 25,000 neurons extracted from a rat's brain and arranged over a grid of 60 electrodes in a Petri dish.

The brain cells then started to reconnect themselves, forming microscopic interconnections, said Thomas DeMarse, professor of biomedical engineering at the University of Florida.

"It's essentially a dish with 60 electrodes arranged in a dish at the bottom," explained DeMarse, who designed the study.

Source CNN

So since they already know that Brain Stem Cells can communicate with electrodes, it's now a matter of time before Brain transplants into robot bodies becomes a possibility. The Russian Businessman is saying within 10 years!!!!

Are you guys ready for a bunch of Rich, Powerful, Select group of individuals at the very top of the food chain, existing within robot bodies while continuing to rule the world's Govs???

Doesn't matter what you think, the Technocracy is coming!!!!

edit on 18-8-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

While the story is interesting, it IS the Daily Mail, so, a grain of salt is required.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Time to hack the elites ahahaha!
2nd

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous
Time to hack the elites ahahaha!
2nd

And you know that the hackers out there would be rubbing their hands together in anticipation of this.

Maybe a gathering of the world elite in a park somewhere, where they're all forced to dance the Thriller while the unwashed sit and laugh.
edit on 8/18/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

While the story is interesting, it IS the Daily Mail, so, a grain of salt is required.

It didn't originate at dailymail, they just picked it up from others. The whole thing is legit if you look it up.
CNBC Covering THE EXACT SAME STORY!!!!!!!
Its also on RT, Yahoo, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, WIRED GIZMAG, ETC.

Happy now?

On top of that, there's this story from 2009 from NewScientist:

A robot controlled by human brain cells could soon be trundling around a British lab, New Scientist has learned.

Kevin Warwick and Ben Whalley at the University of Reading, UK, have already used rat brain cells to control a simple wheeled robotMovie Camera.

Some 300,000 rat neurons grown in a nutrient broth and producing spikes of electrical activity were connected to the output of the robot's distance sensors. The neurons proved capable of steering the robot around a small enclosure

With all Ethics out the window, since they found a loophole/justification for using human brain stem cells to meld with robotics:

Warwick and colleagues can proceed as soon as they are ready, as they won't need specific ethical approval to use a human neuron cell line. That's because the cultures are available to buy and "the ethical side of sourcing is done by the company from whom they are purchased", Whalley says.

SOURCE: New Scientist
edit on 18-8-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this based only on who is reporting it if i were you.

If the report came from the quack-quack tribe in deepest Amazonia, it wouldn't make it any less true.

The research for life extension and Human - Machine interfacing technology has indeed been going on in earnest for quite a few decades, and as we know, technology is on an exponential developmental curve in all areas, including bioresearch.

This will happen, if it hasn't already and yes the old mega wealthy people are pouring money into this kind of research like their days are numbered...because their days are indeed numbered and their time is running out fast. If they can be part of a programme where the result might, just might be immortality or something akin to it, they'd pour billions into it, and why not.

Some people eat a health diet and exercise regularly and take yoga classes to keep their bodies fit and alive for as long as possible, spending money instead to get the same is no different when you think about it.

I'd go for it if i was old and infirm, why wouldn't i...immortality isn't living forever..it's just living for as long as you want to.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Bear in mind folks, I never dismissed the story, I merely said to take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
They're chasing something man has been in pursuit of for thousands of years. The Fountain Of Youth. I doubt they'll find it any better in the science lab than anyone has managed in the real world.

They'll try though...they'll always try. No one likes death and we ALL die...so I never expect to see the effort stop, because it'll never reach the goal they seek. Immortality this way? Hell.. You aren't even the same person anymore, if a person is what it could be called at all.

Just wait till they find how important some of the other areas of the body are to the 'self' and the 'Soul'. That should be a wake up ...but they won't see that until they do a true head transplant or extended time with a brain "running" separate from the original body. It's getting to be a freak show.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

It didn't originate at dailymail, they just picked it up from others. The whole thing is legit if you look it up.
CNBC Covering THE EXACT SAME STORY!!!!!!!
Its also on RT, Yahoo, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, WIRED GIZMAG, ETC.

Happy now?

Settle down a little, okay? I demanded nothing from anyone regarding the story. I saw no links on the source page to original articles and simply made an assumption that it was an original story from the Mail.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Bear in mind folks, I never dismissed the story, I merely said to take it with a grain of salt.

There's just no way to take this with a grain of Salt. It's INEVITABLE!!!!

CNN, NewScientist, ScienceDaily, and Peer reviewed journals are all sources of published proof that they have melded robotics with Rain Brain Stem cells, as well as Human Brain stem cells. There is no grains of salt with this.

We're 10 years away regardless!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

There's just no way to take this with a grain of Salt. It's INEVITABLE!!!!

CNN, NewScientist, ScienceDaily, and Peer reviewed journals are all sources of published proof that they have melded robotics with Rain Brain Stem cells, as well as Human Brain stem cells. There is no grains of salt with this.

We're 10 years away regardless!!!!

And?

What exactly do you propose we do about it?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Settle down a little, okay? I demanded nothing from anyone regarding the story. I saw no links on the source page to original articles and simply made an assumption that it was an original story from the Mail.

its all good, im cool as a cucumber. just wanted to let be known the story is legit. But since you replied that its from dailymail, without yourself seeing that its on yahoo, rt, cnn, and a gand of others, most people who check this thread will close it, soon as they see your reply as the second one. Thanks!!!!

And? What exactly do you propose we do about it?

It's inevitable. This is the next logical step in Human evolution, and science/people/billionaires are going to try it regardless.

What's said is, everyone thinks the Brain is center of Consciousness, whereas there is still intuition in the Heart and the Gut. So in the case of a Brain transplant without Heart/Gut, that bionic person will end up a cold-calculated narcissistic psychopath, and will be the small group of Bionics that will be running the world's Governments.

Scary times ahead!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

We can agree then. The wealthy are going to get their 'holy grail' regardless of our opinions, who knows though, maybe their "getting what they wished for" won't work out quite the way they're hoping; see the hackers remarks above.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

We can agree then. The wealthy are going to get their 'holy grail' regardless of our opinions, who knows though, maybe their "getting what they wished for" won't work out quite the way they're hoping; see the hackers remarks above.

I think in the beginning, only an electro-magnetic pulse can turn those guys off. So then they'll have built in shielding, ala farady, to protect the most vital components.

I'm sure there will be battles with hackers just like there is now, and each will keep coming up with ways to protect against or to conquer the other. Still, with the NSA watching EVERYTHING, seems as of late, Anonymous and all the little off-shoots are nowhere to be found.

It will definitely be interesting times

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This subject matter was covered during an episode of 'Joe Rogan Questions Everything'.

Pretty interesting show. Think Ventura's 'Conspiracy Theory', with a dash of critical thinking splashed in for flavoring.

This entire episode is devoted to "uploaded consciousness."

edit on 18-8-2013 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I Think the 'robot body' side of things should really only be seen as it is - a tempory fix.

Think of it as an autonomous life support system for the brain, which is essentially just what the body is, if you minus the reproduction functions.

Their goal will be organic bodies, based on or cloned from ones own DNA and cells.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
2045: A New Era for Humanity

Published on Apr 28, 2012
2045.com... gf2045.com...
In February of 2012 the first Global Future 2045 Congress was held in Moscow. There, over 50 world leading scientists from multiple disciplines met to develop a strategy for the future development of humankind.
More at vid description.
edit on 18-8-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Luckily, by 2045-50, I'll most likely be turning my sheets down and getting ready for the longest of naps. Where They are taking us is a place that I don't feel like going.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
How absolutely pathetic that people are so afraid of passing on that they would consider going to such grotesque lengths to stay here,in Any form.Btw what happens if the robot sustains catastrophic damage-like say,a bomb blast or shot at with a drone-wha then?How feeble.I cannot imagine anything worse than immortality Here-these rich folks must be bloody daft,who ever would even consider that.Uuugh..but then,karma is a bitch.No wonder some would love to postpone another go on the merry-go-round,in less favorable circumstances
Pathetic

edit on 18-8-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Luckily, by 2045-50, I'll most likely be turning my sheets down and getting ready for the longest of naps. Where They are taking us is a place that I don't feel like going.

Understand that this a subjective and relative opinion you posted.

Just like mine as well: I think that the Brain transfer-Beings, will be cold and calculated narcissist based psychopaths. Intuition/empathy/love comes from the heart, not brain. So yes I too am I little worried of where this might go. Like the beginning of the terminator series.

But................. the generations after us, will grow up used to the idea of doing this. They will fine with it, or at least neutral about, and the minority will be the people against this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join