It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester shot in chest with his hands up - Egypt 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I am utterly disgusted at the some of the posts in this thread. It shames me to be human when people will try and blame an un-armed, non threatening protester for getting shot by guys standing next to tanks.

Shame on you. I don't care what the protest was about and I don't care about any of the details.

The facts are VERY simple.

An un-armed, non violent acting protester, was shot, multiple times it looks like for what amounts to yelling.

And some of you would support that action?

~Tenth

+1

Absolutely. No one deserves this regardless of the reasons why they are protesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Have you ever served in the armed forces and under rules of engagement?
The army is following their rules of engagement "fire warning shots, then when they pose a treat of suicide bomber would shoot to kill".
Your "innocent protester" mantra is so...lame.
Lame...but not shocking.

edit on 17-8-2013 by Granite because: sp

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

The army is following their rules of engagement "fire warning shots, then when they pose a treat of suicide bomber would shoot to kill".

Where was the threat? The man in the plain white t-shirt? Who was clearly not armed, or wearing a bomb or doing anything that you could even remotely consider threatening.

The " military is just doing what needs to be done" mantra is really just pathetic.

What you are defending is outright murder of civilians in non-violent protest situations.

Your opinion of the protester isn't actually relevant to the facts of the matter.

There was no threat, there was nothing that protester could have done in his present state to hurt those soldiers, who again were sitting next to ARMORED TANKS, holding ASSAULT RIFLES.

I've seen the kind of behavior displayed by those protesters in protests in the US, as recently as OWS.

Would you have supported the NYPD shooting dead one of these protesters in the street for displaying the same behavior?

~Tenth

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Million Muslim March

Perhaps even more appropriately, considering the planned protest on the 11th of September would you be so callous about protestors being shot without displaying any real threat if they were on american soil?

Or do you feel that because they are muslim that they deserve to die for daring to protest anything?

And finally, if the NRA was planning a protest like this while carrying the automatic weapons they treasure so much instead of stones and bare hands and this situation broke out in DC, which side would you be on?

Would you stand up against your government killing hundreds of your fellow americans or would you just shrug it off and claim it was the protestors fault for being there?

edit on 17-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

And you've clearly never heard of the difference between a soldier and a warrior. There is seldom any honour left in this world anymore, and people with your mentality are cowards for not daring to use your own judgement and empathy.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

What is very interesting about your post and writing style is, one you aren't confident about yourself and two, you haven't understood or followed the political turmoil in Egypt. A very well respected Sky News camera man has just died and I know of several freelance journalists working the Egypt story. You would be better advised to take your ignorant and frankly repulsive comments elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Poor guy, just doing his journalistic bit and takes one for the team....
Respect.
CNN

"Michael was about to lift the camera on his shoulder (when) a sniper from the other side opened fired and killed him instantly," he said. "The moment he lifted the camera he was shot dead by a sniper."
John Ryley, head of Sky News, paid tribute to Deane as the very best of cameramen and a brilliant journalist.

Then there is the story of this Medic taking a sniper shot to the head from Egyptian Security...
Graphic Image, be warned.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

It is what these guys do and all who enter the game know death could be round the next street corner. From personal experience, no journalist who willingly enters these kinds of situations think they have a 100% of surviving a story.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I am aware of that...hence the respect.

It takes a real strong heart to cover this story with the risks involved.

And to be fair, it was three journalists.
Huff Post

Three journalists were among the dead: Mick Deane, 61, a cameraman for British broadcaster Sky News; Habiba Ahmed Abd Elaziz, 26, a reporter for the Gulf News, a state-backed newspaper in the United Arab Emirates; and Ahmed Abdel Gawad, who wrote for Egypt's state-run newspaper Al Akhbar. Deane and Elaziz were shot to death, their employers said, while the Egyptian Press Syndicate, a journalists' union, said it had no information on how Gawad was killed.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The threat was being a certain distance...
You never heard of the "underwear terrorist" either I guess?
You and the OP are great humanitarian's...but lousy Generals...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If there were more humanitarians, there would be no need for Generals.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

When you post a base level of intelligence needs to be assumed and not to spout some nonsense about 'rules of engagement' which is probably part of a fantasy derived from the gaming world.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

And you must not be aware that 'underwear' bombs while scary are not all that effective.
CNN

Al Asiri concealed the bomb, made of PETN, in his underwear, according to the official Saudi investigation.
PETN is a plastic explosive that is not picked up by metal detectors -- through which the would-be assassin had to pass before he was allowed to meet with the prince.
Saudi officials believe that the prince's assailant exploded the 100-gram device using a detonator with a chemical fuse, which would also not be detected by a metal detector.
When the bomb went off in Prince Nayef's Jeddah home it killed the assassin, but the prince survived the attack, sustaining only minor injuries.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

No it was not. There was clearly nothing threatening about that man. You've lost the argument and now you're simply deflecting.

Yeah, all he did was set himself on fire, and he didn't even burn the seat he was sitting in, real effective there....

This would imply they were fighting soldiers, they were not.

Again, I ask you a simple question. Would you support the NYPD for having shot a man, at the same distance, in New York city, during OWS for the same behavior?

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
For the record, their is a Mod in this thread...
2nd line...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Well yea, you keep arguing with him.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Lame...but not shocking.

edit on 17-8-2013 by Granite because: sp

Please show how this person was a threat as a suicide bomber. Was it the way he was advancing by standing still? Was his shirt that was hanging open showing explosives?

Your attempt at trying to gloss over what could very well be an act of murder sicking.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Granite
For the record, their is a Mod in this thread...
2nd line...

For the record my status as a moderator has nothing to do with this conversation, nor should it deter you from responding to my comments.

I am after all, a member first and moderator second. We also do not, at any point, moderate threads we are participating in.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I know when "ATS Peace Nazi's" arrive it's time to UNSUBSCRIBE...
Officially unsubscribed...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I know when "ATS Peace Nazi's" arrive it's time to UNSUBSCRIBE...
Officially unsubscribed...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join