It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester shot in chest with his hands up - Egypt 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

You can't even base an arguement on a simple honest premise, let alone hold up spurious ideas in a thread without resorting to fantasy land. People always remember the nonsense spouted in threads and yours will follow you across these boards.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

LOL
Wow, really?

How could you have not noticed his presence in this thread?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I am utterly disgusted at the some of the posts in this thread. It shames me to be human when people will try and blame an un-armed, non threatening protester for getting shot by guys standing next to tanks.

Shame on you. I don't care what the protest was about and I don't care about any of the details.

The facts are VERY simple.

An un-armed, non violent acting protester, was shot, multiple times it looks like for what amounts to yelling.

And some of you would support that action?

~Tenth

I am ashamed to be part of this species at times, Tenth.

Clearly we are animals.

and......

How does the murder sleep after doing something like this?

Sick.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

WARNING~~~~~GRAPHIC VIDEO

Its just sickening,

I dont know how anyone could easily shoot someone like that, he was clearly unarmed.

Why don't we let the full investigative prt of law-&-order play out !

the supposed 'victim' was involved in a disturbance, an organized disturbance at that...
so anything other than wearing-flowers-in-your-hair could be viewed as aggression

let an autopsy take place,,, if the deceased ain;t on crack, then it was something else,,,

no one deserves to die but we need to see the whole sequence of the relevent time-frame---not just a snapshot capture of the end-result to infer/draw conclusions from...

what about all the dudes that had their heads cut off methodically...was that excusable but this event was depraved..

NO... it is all an abomination...to casually take life

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

It's a video of an unarmed protestor walking up the street, stopping and taking two in the chest.

What's to debate here?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by St Udio

It's a video of an unarmed protestor walking up the street, stopping and taking two in the chest.

What's to debate here?

He shouldn't have been there in that moment.
You don't put your arms up and walk down the street while people with tanks and automatic weapons are shooting and NOT expect to get shot....

Like I said, qualities of a martyr.

Also we don't know the full context of the video.
Whatever happened moments before the video starts and the reasoning for the shooting to begin in the first place is being disregarded. We just don't know.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

edit on 17-8-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by St Udio

What's to debate here?

the man should not have been there on the pro Morsi, pro MB terrorist side... with the will and determination to engage in a 'week' of civil disturbances that will go to unknown lengths.

wrong place at wrong time
appreciate the reply there...yourmaker

the person shot can demonstrate... along with the groupo of hundreds that stayed away from the front-line-confrontation... and he would still be vital for the next days session of protest...

OTOH, stupid or careless actions should not be fatal either...
why didn'i 0bama send non-lethal crowd control stuff to the MB regime instead of $1.5 Billion in advanced planes and ordinance to the terrorist MB & Morsi regime that has vowed to wage war on another nation (directly north of the Sinai)
edit on 17-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

He should not have been protesting? Why not?

Doesn't the Geneva Convention cover this explicitly?

Should there not be an expectation of all unarmed civilians that they will not be executed for simply protesting what they believe to be an injustice?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Surely the poor handling of the whole Brotherhood thing in general (not to mention the shooting of protesters now) is more likely to acerbate any slip into civil war?

This will drag on and on now and ordinary people will suffer because their leaders were too retarded to bring in checks and balances with the newly found democracy they only recently fought hard to get.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyrdnews

they were already headed to a civil war

the interim govt has a very good grasp of the MB terror camps and the pro-morsi people fighting to regain the position that 30 million Egyptions got a full belly of in the year that Morsi-MB had done nothing but allow militant factions of Islam Jihadists to establish tjemselves as the power in the nation....

the Egyptians don;t want the MB or the USA frigging with their lives

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Some of the comments in this thread sicken me.

defending the murder of an unarmed protester.

I'm from Derry City in Northern Ireland and we have seen our fare share of troubles here,

It was only in 2010 that the British Government finally apologized for the murders of 26 unarmed civil rights protesters and bystanders here (seven of which were teenagers) in my city in 1972 (Bloody Sunday).

How anyone can defend the blatant murder of an unarmed man is beyond me.

Disgusting

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What's to debate here?

Really.

I'm surprised someone hasn't claimed it was Photoshopped, or faked.....

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The attacks on police stations, government buildings, churches and the killings during those attacks have triggered this reaction from the army.
They now fight terrorism, as i have read, the MB is now seen as an terrorist group.
In this light it is plain stupid to stand in front of that tank and challenge them... this is not the time to play hero.

That does not mean i defend it, but that is how far it has escalated in Egypt.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I believe the Egyptian Army has made it so clear it hurts. This is not, will not be and CANNOT be handled as a protest any longer. The "protesters" are killing Egyptians as gleefully as the military is returning the fire. The videos are showing this clearly. This isn't PROTEST. This is URBAN WARFARE. The fact it's only been going on for a couple days vs. the endless months in Aleppo, Syria doesn't change what this has become. Hundreds dead in single days...isn't a protest as the shooting and fighting rages on, as if to CONFIRM it was no one-time event.

Now I have no idea who that fool was. I know they've all been warned they are now viewed as terrorists and a threat on sight. He's holding his arms up...but what is he yelling? That we cannot hear or have any idea about. We also don't know his history. Two possibilities come to mind as possible reason ..and there *WAS* a reason, however bad WE may think it was.

1. He indicated he was there to become Shaheed (Martyr) and take some of them with him. IF that was what he was telling at them, they have two choices. Let the two legged bomb walk off and reappear later or shoot it where it stands. They can't approach him or let him approach them while he's in a martyr mood.

2. This was a targeted termination, little different than a drone strike on a VIP target. Who was he? They took down the brother of Ayman al-Zawahiri earlier at a checkpoint across the river from Cairo. Thats brother to the head of Al Qaeda. If Egypt wasn't at war with them before, they sure as heck are now.

War is hell and bad things happen ...things even the people who do them wish later they could forget or take back. However, I think it's pretty cheap to second guess what we can't even know the details of, in what we DO see. Half the story is missing from even that much, to be making judgments. To suggest this was just killing a protester though is to suggest Egypt's armed forces are just shooting people for fun now. They've been on the street TOO much in the past year or more, in and among rough protest to say that's been the case and JUST NOW is it coming out.

Just my two cents.

*** Something else just occurred to me, and could be an entirely different possibility. Do we *KNOW* he was shot by the military or are we just ASSUMING it? Terrorists have sacrificed their own for propaganda. It's what suicide bombing IS at the most basic level. I just wonder... are we seeing what really happened or seeing what we expect to see?
edit on 17-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I am utterly disgusted at the some of the posts in this thread. It shames me to be human when people will try and blame an un-armed, non threatening protester for getting shot by guys standing next to tanks.

As am I.
The people in this thread that are against the protesters most certainly do not believe in the motto we hear all the time:
"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it and or protest it."

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

*** Something else just occurred to me, and could be an entirely different possibility. Do we *KNOW* he was shot by the military or are we just ASSUMING it? Terrorists have sacrificed their own for propaganda.

If you watch the video closely, you can see the shots came from the direction of the soldiers.

I would doubt that the protesters were set up in a way that allowed sniper fire, from behind the line of soldiers of tanks, against their own kind.

Not that fake stuff isn't done all the time in war, but in this case, and the reaction of the man standing next to him right afterwards, I'm gonna say that it certainly was the army.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Really?

Did it look like he had a bomb strapped to him? No it didn't.

An does it really matter what he was yelling? He could be yelling abuse towards the soldiers mother and it still does not warrant being shot. Would you condone the same behavior by one of your own armed forces members towards an american citizen? for protesting against their government? really, would you?

You are speculating a lot.

What we see is an unarmed man being shot.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I would tend to agree..

There is no question that alot of what is going in Egypt has two sides, certainly both groups are at fault in this scenario. But lets be reasonable, the guy in the video had no weapon.

As for the yelling? For all we know he was calling out to his buddy to come get a beer or hit the hooka

Ultimately, while it's clear that there are many armed MB members in this conflict, there are also innocent civilians simply protesting the insanity that is taking place and paying the price for it in blood.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I won't respond to anyone in particular, because it has become clear that this thread has degraded into a very unpleasant exchange between members. However, I will say, that I deplore anyone being killed that is not firing at, or threatening someone else. There are a great deal of assumptions being made here, and a great deal of conclusions being made because of the anchoring effect. I believe that until we know, or if we know, who fired the shot, we should refrain from going off and making assumptions.For those who have never been to the Middle East, and witnessed riots, let me tell you, as I have seen, things aren't always as they seem to be in videos. I will also say, that having worked with the Egyptian soldiers, they are, in general a very fair group, and in fact, are the only remnant of Democracy left in Egypt. Now, before everyone starts firing bullets at me, let me make it clear. I do not, in any way, approve of the shooting of this man, or any unarmed person. However, let's not make assumptions that we cannot prove. Remember, we supposedly practice "innocent, until proven guilty", yet I hear a great deal of cries of guilty, based upon a video, which doesn't tell the whole story. Would you want to be convicted of a crime, based upon a video, that you did not even appear in? I cannot see the shooter, or even if it was a soldier, or a sniper, trying to instigate further riots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join