It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian archaeologists demand countries mind their own business

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I can't really blame the Egyptian archaeologists wanting to protect their sites and treasures even though their conclusions about ancient Egypt is BS imo.

Remember what happened in Iraq when we invaded. Looters had a hayday and now all their goodies are in private hands and the Iraqis are SOL. Spoils of war ring a bell?

It's just a matter of time until we have troops in all the ME.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 16-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by jazztrance

I don't think its 5 billion a year we send them? More like a billion and half. Either way, the USA won't stop sending them money because Egypt is so important in the chess game that is the Middle East.

america doesnt give egypt money

the deal was to build isreal a state..and immobilise egypts army

egypt get 10% of what isreal get... ontop of which isreal gets contracts from america to study (R&D) and other military contracts..as well they get free egytptian assets like fuel and free use of the canal

but you sum this up as "america giving egypt money"

once the money stops..the army will mobilise...good luck after that

peace
edit on 16-8-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
dbl post

america needs to fix up...or we could lose a good friend...for a stinking short sighted decision to back a failed election, criminal party set up....

and the fact that morsi came from america and his children live there as dual nationals
only makes it worse for america to back him..

as well as that silly comment by the turkish president...talking about egypt but staying quiet about syria on his doorstep
edit on 16-8-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

It's foreign aid, a billion and half worth, and Egypt gets it.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The archaeology of Egypt does not belong to Egypt alone, as one of the eldest civilization's and one of the most enduring though the copt's whom are descended from the Egyptians of old have a hereditary claim the ancient ruins are recognized along with the other treasures and the Cairo museum as world heritage sites by UNESCO so the local Archaeologists whom said this need to realize they do not solely own Egypt, indeed one of the excuses for the attack on the Taliban and AL Qaeda stronghold of Afghanistan was the outrage felt globally at there Taliban demolition of another UNESCO world heritage site where giant Buddha statues stood and an old rock hewn monastery.

Sadly reason seldom wins.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I think Zahi Hawass is some sort of Indiana Jones. He's a flamboyant figure although he doesn't carry a whip.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by Swills

The archaeology of Egypt does not belong to Egypt alone, as one of the eldest civilization's and one of the most enduring though the copt's whom are descended from the Egyptians of old have a hereditary claim the ancient ruins are recognized along with the other treasures and the Cairo museum as world heritage sites by UNESCO so the local Archaeologists whom said this need to realize they do not solely own Egypt, indeed one of the excuses for the attack on the Taliban and AL Qaeda stronghold of Afghanistan was the outrage felt globally at there Taliban demolition of another UNESCO world heritage site where giant Buddha statues stood and an old rock hewn monastery.

Sadly reason seldom wins.

Nice sentence...

Obviously no national archaeology belongs to one country only. The world has to share in what your country has to offer to humanity's cultural heritage. That doesn't mean however you can just pick up what you find and take it home.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I can't really blame the Egyptian archaeologists wanting to protect their sites and treasures even though their conclusions about ancient Egypt is BS imo.

Neither can I. How many preserved witnesses of Egypt's splendid past have been dragged off to Europe in the 19th century ? If they could, they would have taken away the Sphinx and the pyramid of Cheops too. Obviously they have a right to say "no" to greedy looters.... I don't think anybody could reasonable disagree with that.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by MDDoxs

Ugh...that arrogant BS toad Hawass again.

Thought they'd finally got the creep behind bars where he belongs...must has wriggled out of it somehow i suppose.

You know he was sponsored by the US all through University as a young man? Stanford Research Institute to be precise.

He is and always has been an American pawn, the USA's 'man in Egyptian archaeology circles'.

CIA probably got him off the corruption charges, to keep their asset in place.

AFAIK he is one of the "classical school" who will never admit there could be hidden chambers beneath the Sphinx. But then why as soon as an international team discovered there was a hollow space under the soil between the Sphinx's paws, the day after they had to stop their searches and leave ? I read this in a book by Graham Hancock.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990
reply to post by Swills

I have been half expecting something like this.

The Egyptian military and archaeologists have always been peas in the same pod. I fear to think what might happen to Egypt's vast wealth of history if the military was no longer capable of keeping the leash upon it that they have always had.

Not pointing fingers or throwing mud but, history has tended to be destroyed at the hand of fundamentalist religious people in Africa,Asia and the Middle East over the years.

History is always important, even if it isn't your own.

I think if they insist on foreign countries keeping their noses out of Egypt's archaeological treasures, it might be because they found something and want to keep the knowledge for themselves. I think it's not impossible.

Remember Belgian Patrick Geryl (the guy of the 2012 cataclysm prediction) who claimed he had found the underground constructions of Hawara which according to him as I remember comprised 3,000 room in a giant labyrinth ?
edit on 16/8/13 by BlueLobster because: Added something.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
They cant cut ties with us, who will send them 5 billion every year if Obama and Hiliary cant, or is that going to the muslim brotherhood? sounds about right to me.

I don't see why you mention Obama and Hillary, as Bush gave aid too, along with every other president.

Conservatives should be in favour of it, because that aid is tied to military construction projects stateside. They give them 2,3,5 billion whatever, sure, but then they sign a contract for the same amount in Abrams tanks.*****

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLobster

I think if they insist on foreign countries keeping their noses out of Egypt's archaeological treasures, it might be because they found something and want to keep the knowledge for themselves. I think it's not impossible.

You could be right that, they have found some secret cave / and or some hidden knowledge

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
They cant cut ties with us, who will send them 5 billion every year if Obama and Hiliary cant, or is that going to the muslim brotherhood? sounds about right to me.

Obama admin. just gave the Brotherhood another 8 billion.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

What? Got a source cuz when I did a search for it all I found was a link to Beforeitsnews and links there were from Whatreallyhappened (fraud site) & this site of fail.

So you go anything else cuz if this were true I'm sure it would be huge news.

So I'm raising th BS flag until further evidence arises.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I was not aware that the current Egyptian Government / Country is in any way shape or form a direct descendent of the Egypt we refer to when discussing the Pyramids and anything ancient...

Or is he claiming the Muslim Brotherhood or The Prophet Mohamed are the ones behind the construction of the Pyramids...

Maybe they are afraid evidence will come to light that the Egyptians did not build the Pyramids... or the Sphinx...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

They're upset because they feel the US gov't and its western allies aren't denouncing the Muslim Brotherhoods riot protests so this is their only way of jabbing back at us.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, should the pyramids crumble to dust in conflict - I shall be very interested in what they discover that had remained uncovered.

Truly though, I could give two toots about inanimate things from the archaic past when life is dropping there left and right. The archeologists are concerned for their national treasures? Even people here posting, concered for 'world' treasures of inanimate things... Try being more concerned for human life. The pyramids and all the world 'treasures' don't amount to being more important than life. Ever. When they do - we've already lost.

Probably there already, in this soulless, materialistic waste we call life. Oh, how far we've fallen, and made life on Earth a veritable hell in some areas of the world... We're going to be deserving what we get, the world over. But keep on, minding your own business and turning the other cheek. Just think of the life lost there as sacrificial rites, divine eugenics...

To hell with the pyramids. I care about the life lost there, not artificial inanimate things that have been documented and recorded. Even if it all is destroyed, the information will not be lost. If it gets rid of the extremist, fight. Fight their darkness, their oppressive rule and ideology they wish to force - and stand for freedom. Let the pyramids crumble to dust in the statement - I will be free and no law here shall pass that subverts freedom.

The pyramid were built by slave labor anyways. It would be a delicious irony should they crumble in fighting opposition to slave like Shari rule. As to looters - The Egyptian pyramids have been plundered and looted - long ago.

Cirque
edit on 17-8-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: there not their

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Don't forget Europe. The Christians had quite a prude demolition of Roman sculptures. To continue on the thread of fundamentalism destroying cultural monuments the crusades surely must have raced some Mosques and Temples.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Then cut all aide to Egypt.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Why does the US support the MB?

Welllll....a vine is known by its fruits.

So, what is it the MB is doing?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join