It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian archaeologists demand countries mind their own business

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

english.ahram.o rg.eg

Egyptian Archaeologists' Syndicate reply to intl 'meddling' in Egypt with an ultimatum to antiquities authority: Cut all ties with 'foreign,' 'enemy' countries' institutions...or we will
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The Egyptian Archaeologists' Syndicate is especially pointing their fingers at America claiming the American Gov't supports the Muslim Brotherhood and demand that Egypt cut all ties with American & foreign Universities because of international response to the protests and fighting going on in Egypt between the Muslim Brotherhood and the police/military. They say the American Gov't supports terrorism because they support the Muslim Brotherhood, to which I said myself.

The Brotherhood supporters have replied by attacking government buildings, police and fire stations and a reported 52 churches.

The Syndicate wants to see the MSA take immediate, thorough steps to cut all ties, even including prohibiting researchers and students to enter Egyptian museums and archaeological sites, Archaeologists Syndicate Coordinator Salah El-Hadi announces in a press release sent around 11pm.

Foreign archaeological and cultural institutes - again, emphasising American institutions, with the American Research Centre in Egypt (ARCE) and the Chicago House mentioned by name - should be cut off because of their country’s support of "terrorism," i.e. the Brotherhood's recent actions.

A related story:

Art vandals

weekly.ahram.org.eg...

On Wednesday night protesters supporting deposed president Mohamed Morsi broke into the Malawi police station and the town council then entered the neighbouring Malawi National Museum (MNM) and looted some of its contents.

According to a press release sent by the Ministry of State of Antiquities (MSA),there was violence in Minya governorate as part of clashes across Egypt on Wednesday after security forces broke up pro-Morsi sit-ins at Rabaa Al-Adawiya in Nasr City and Al-Nahda Square in Giza. Pro-Morsi protesters invaded the MNM, adjacent to the town’s police station and Malawi council, and declared a sit-in in the museum’s garden. Protesters clashed with guards, breaking down the museum’s gate and succeeded in breaking into its halls, damaging and stealing some of its treasured artefacts. They also broke the MNM’s surveillance cameras and stole some stationary from the museum’s administrative department.

english.ahram.o rg.eg
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
They cant cut ties with us, who will send them 5 billion every year if Obama and Hiliary cant, or is that going to the muslim brotherhood? sounds about right to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

I don't think its 5 billion a year we send them? More like a billion and half. Either way, the USA won't stop sending them money because Egypt is so important in the chess game that is the Middle East.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Watch out! they're archaeologists, we better do as they say....

This man, Zahi Hawass, a preeminent Egyptian archaeologist, known for is domineering approach to ancient Egyptian sites and controversial connections to ousted political figures.

He Actually has enormous political power and influence over the country. I would not be surprised if he is embroiled in this issue.
edit on 16-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

They should send all their antiquities to the U.S really. Egypt's not going to exist much longer if WW3 starts.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Egypt wouldnt even have an archaeology industry if it wasnt for other countries.
Its not like the locals gave a rats arse or cared for anything they had before interest from people outside, made the stuff valuable.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Ugh...that arrogant BS toad Hawass again.

Thought they'd finally got the creep behind bars where he belongs...must has wriggled out of it somehow i suppose.

You know he was sponsored by the US all through University as a young man? Stanford Research Institute to be precise.

He is and always has been an American pawn, the USA's 'man in Egyptian archaeology circles'.

CIA probably got him off the corruption charges, to keep their asset in place.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I have been half expecting something like this.

The Egyptian military and archaeologists have always been peas in the same pod. I fear to think what might happen to Egypt's vast wealth of history if the military was no longer capable of keeping the leash upon it that they have always had.

Not pointing fingers or throwing mud but, history has tended to be destroyed at the hand of fundamentalist religious people in Africa,Asia and the Middle East over the years.

History is always important, even if it isn't your own.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Swills

Egypt wouldnt even have an archaeology industry if it wasnt for other countries.
Its not like the locals gave a rats arse or cared for anything they had before interest from people outside, made the stuff valuable.

True

I don't care who looks after the history, just that it's protected.

In all truth though, it's the people of Egypt we should all be pausing a thought for at the moment. The sooner they are living relatively stable lives again, the sooner we can go around "working out" the history of the Ancient Egyptians again.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I agree with you. My post is pure speculation, but for some reason if a situation affects something ancient and Egyptian, he is usually involved.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

actually I think he is in jail
consciouslifenews.com...
or was
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anybody heard from him lately?

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 093131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The situation is very unfortunate at the moment, to say the very least of the matter.

On the one hand, the Muslim Brotherhood were a damned poor choice, politically speaking, and everyone who voted for them knew that, or bloody well should have done. They implimented draconian policies which run counter to the freedom and democracy which the initial uprising which put them in place, sought to install in the nation. Frankly speaking, its a wonder Morsi hasnt had his guts pulled out and been garrotted with his own intestines.

On the other hand, you have the reported hundreds of protestor deaths at the hands of the security forces.

However, I think it is worth mentioning, that at the very second that a protestor takes up a gun, or a bat, or a rock he stops being a protestor, and becomes a rioter, and rioting is criminal behavior, not peaceful and democractically acceptable protest. You do not damage goods and property as a protest, nor do you cast stones at people in protest. You protest in protest, and everything which falls outside a non-aggressive and non violent protest is not, and should not, be protected by law.

Now, its plain that a number of the dead must have been totally innocent of any actual crime, because that is what always happens when there is such a mass of people in front of a gun. It is never pretty, and rarely fair. On the other hand, I find it very difficult to feel sorry for a bunch of people who came out in support of a regieme which was institutionally racist, discriminatory against alternative faiths, and was basically a fascism in the offing. Learn some history, realise what you get no matter who you are, and where you are, when you try to play the xenophobic card. It never ends well, because its a bum hand to play.

That said, I think Egypts archaeologist community has every right to voice this opinion, and make this request of the authorities. Every nations people have the right to decide for themselves how they are going to vote, who they are going to support, without being concerned about the opinions of people outside thier nation. That said, if Morsi had been allowed to have more than the short time he did on the hot seat, we would have had to have GLASSED Egypt from orbit, site of international scientific and archaeological interest or not. The dude is psychotic, and megalomaniacal if some of his prattle is anything to go by.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I believe he actually avoided jail. Whether or not his political connections played a role or not, I cannot say.
LINK

I dont know if this is same issue. Actually.
edit on 16-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Geeze, even the Archeologists are getting all fired up over in Egypt. Talk about a chaotic mess over there. I would have thought that the Archeologists would have been mellow.

I suppose the society is worried about their ancient history being destroyed, I am not impressed by their choice of actions though. I think there should possibly be a change of command. I would hate to see all those old buildings being destroyed, it is something that cannot be replaced. I suppose there is a lot of income and jobs created from the structures there, it is important to consider the economic effect. Alienating the tourists is not a good choice though.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It is a damn shame, what is happening to Egypt, heartbreaking.

edit on 093131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
sadly i don't blame then.. i mean.. look at what we alone have done to them, (the US) we bully the country, take what we want and treat their local people like slaves.

it's sad to because their findings belongs to the world and the findings and information probably will be hidden to everyone or they'll just tell us what they want us to know.

who knows though maybe it'll be the opposite and we'll find out way more that we ever have.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

He did have enormous power before but not anymore. I just hope his arrogance and manipulation has come to an end.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
As a tour director who conducts a lot of archaeology tours, this doesn't surprise me.

I was in Turkey on an archaelogy tour during the protests in Taksim Square and their Prime Minister there was sour about America's stated dismay about the unnecessary use of force used by the Turkish government.

They wanted us to stay out of it, because we are "friends" after all.

Turkey is definitely part of the chess game that is going on. They have become a modern country---money pouring in from all over. Apartment buildings stood empty on the edge of cities and towns. They are looking to become a part of the established Euro countries.

They are building a new airport outside of Istanbul. A lot of people in Turkey are suspicious as to why this giant airport is needed. Some say that Turkey is poising itself to become major player in the NWO. Ground Zero for the Middle East.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I thoroughly enjoyed your thread, I'm In Turkey: "Turkish Spring" Starting?. Thanks for posting your thoughts about this issue.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join