It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare troops planning home visits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's a voluntary program, people. Read the actual bill.

Nobody is coming into your house
edit on 16-8-2013 by aoxomoxoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
:facepalm:

It's voluntary, you dolts. V-o-l-u-n-t-a-r-y. An opt-in program, not a mandatory one. Read the darn thing, it clearly states it's a pre-existing voluntary program.

JFC, it's like Idiocracy around here today...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

yep BUSH one and Two,and Obama are doing a tap dance, here are the words sung as they trample on the US Constitution

ZIG US... ZIG US... ZIG US , now bow to Obama for bring us the US on a silver platter,
ZIG to the Bushes for the NWO,
a Thousand points of light to shine on your every move,
The Gov will know when you sneeze,
TSA will say you can not fly,
DHS will come for your gun..
Oh what fun.....

ZIG to US ZIG to US,
goose step is reborn
now bow to Obama for bringing us the US on a silver platter,
FEMA will say you can not stay in your home it is deemed unsafe, even thought it is 20 miles away------- from the disaster zone.
ZIG to US the NEW WORLD ORDER
we know what is best for you...
ZIG to us that remade the US,
ZIG US... ZIG US... ZIG US ,
now bow to Obama for bring us the US on a silver platter,
ZIG to the Bushes for the NWO

edit on 16-8-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

This administrations propensity for mission creep across every bureaucracies within government is in itself enough reason to red flag this program. Add to that the administrations rock bottom credibility with tens of millions of Americans.

It's not like our president would actually take some legislation like the (example) Patriot Act and the NDAA and then mangle them into an unrecognizable and unconstitutional travesty. War is Peace right. Eligibility is ... well you get the picture.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This administrations propensity for mission creep across every bureaucracies within government

Examples?

It's not like our president would actually take some legislation like the (example) Patriot Act and the NDAA and then mangle them into an unrecognizable and unconstitutional travesty.

So Obama did that huh? Just Obama?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

The STATES apply for the grants, they are the ones that "opt" in for additional funding to expand on already existing home visitation programs, not the families of those state that get visits from social workers.. Do you honestly think a drug abuser is going to opt in for a program to get regular visits from state officials? pfft
Youre the one thats not reading it properly

The purpose of the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) Competitive Grant program is to award Development Grants to States that currently have modest home visiting programs and want to build on existing efforts. Successful applicants will sufficiently demonstrate the capacity to expand or enhance their evidence-based home visiting programs. The funding provided will build on the formula funding already provided to States and territories to support the quality implementation of home visiting programs

Development Grants to eligible States and jurisdictions under the MIECHV program. $125,000,000 will be awarded on a formula basis to grantees funded under HRSA-11-187 for the MIECHV program. Successful applicants will be awarded FY 2012 competitive Development Grant funds, in addition to the FY2012 MIECHV formula based funds. Priority for Serving High-Risk Populations and Programmatic Areas of Emphasis As directed in the legislation , successful applicants will give priority to providing services to the following populations

edit on 16-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Something I think is real important to remember while telling people to run off and read more on a topic.... Err.. Yeah..

Folks at ATS, generally speaking, DO read more on topics. Among the regulars anyway, stories like this one are rarely ever seen the FIRST time here and replies are often taking into context much more reading than was ever done on the topic from an ATS Thread. In this case, the home visits?

Well, before assuming too much more to correct people with...how many here DID suggest these were required home visit schedules dictated out of a Washington Office with individual addresses to see to? I missed anyone saying that.

I'll say it's a negative thing though and I'll say it outright because it ENCOURAGES more of something that isn't the Government's place to be doing in the FIRST place. In a nation that is, part and parcel to the CORE about Freedom and individual Liberty? Having the Federal Government encourage MORE 'State Workers" to find new ways to enter our homes and evaluate us on ANY level...is tyranny in progress. We just haven't hit the end stages yet.

....It doesn't need to be required and ordered with quota and stat targets to be WRONG. Just actively encouraging and rewarding more of it is wrong on enough levels by itself.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I saw this thread up yesterday and at first glance it terrified me......then I looked deeper.

People are not going door to door everywhere. This guy is a fear monger. I get it I don't care for Obama and his policies either, especially Obamacare but this is ludicrous. Please read the bill, i'll bet that a good majority on this post doesn't fit into "The Maternal Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program"

Read the whole thing: grants3.hrsa.gov...

Obviously our privacy is at stake that we already knew but this article is just to instill more fear into you where it is unwaranted. The writer of said article conveniently left many important facts out. As you will see if you READ through the above link.

Here is another article written in response
wonkette.com...

I'd also like to point out that without a warrant you don't have to agree to let anyone in, simple people.

People if you are going to ask for free things from your government than expect to be monitered, they have been doing that for a long while now. Home visits to section 8 housing, welfare moms with 6 kids still no job after 7 years deserve a knock on the door. You don't receive anything for free people Don't want to be hassled than find a way out of your situation and away from their "free programs"

Also and I can't stress this enough people Do not ever sign anything without reading word for word first.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

It's voluntary, you dolts. V-o-l-u-n-t-a-r-y. An opt-in program, not a mandatory one. Read the darn thing, it clearly states it's a pre-existing voluntary program.

And how many local and state governments are strapped for cash? How many of them will gladly take federal grant money?

The people making the decisions don't care, they'll be exempt somehow.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago
Obamacare Police. This is scary stuff.

It’s all in readiness for Obamacare, which will include home visits for many citizens, maybe even everyone, depending on the interpretation of the law.

On the brighter side after all is said and done, there will be less federal agents... I can also imagine federal agents will be suffering from PTSD after few unconstitutional visits... The feds will be the ones needing Obamacare. If you get my drift...

edit on 16-8-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

While you make a point brandiwine14 how do you think this will play out for say veterans who are now utilizing the VA for services they need. How about the many of the people condemned to minimum pay jobs or no jobs that get an EBT allowance just so they can feed their children? I think they could quite easily become the new mandatory "Eligible."

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I guess the question I have is once they enforce this (or attempt to), How far are they willing to go to get into a home if a person refuses?

Given their overreactions to other types of events would they force entry with utilizing deadly force and SWAT tactics?

All I have to ask is Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are they thinking classifying current and former military members with Smokers, Teen mothers, and other issues that are not related to military service?

I know most will just submit while a very few will push back only to be made an example of.

This is truly the actions of a government that rules the land of the "free" with an iron fist.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

In most states Child Protective Services usually are given a blank warrant to force entry. It happen to a friend of mines wife who had 5 kids and was a stay at home mom and home schooled all her kids. 3 of them caught the flu and since she informed the hospital that none were vaccinated the state CPS stepped in and sent 2 people to her house and she refused them entry with a 12 gauge shotgun.

That led to a SWAT team being called...

Long story short SWAT was forced to stand down thanks to great neighbors, and nothing ever came of it. In those type of situations you almost never hear about them but they do happen.

My main point is warrant or not CPS will use all means to gain entry to your home if they want to.

Much the same way a cop can search your car without a warrant if he feels like it.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

One more thing to add to your paranoia...

In our small community, the Fire Department will no longer accept dues but rather add the fee to your yearly taxes.

They did a write up in the local paper to show where the lines were drawn for this new proposal and it was scary looking even to the elderly people I know, they see this as further government encroachment on their rights and freedoms. So if you cannot afford to pay the Fire dept. dues you lose your property.

Now interestingly not everyone in the county will have this happen right away, so it makes you wonder who falls under their protection in priority.

Not everyone in Polk county got to vote on this only those in the red area from the map shown on the link below. Since this is mostly a rural area, very few of the residents actually voted and the majority that did show up were part of the community seat. In the future as this red area expands noone will have the right to say anything as it was "voted in". Agenda 21 folks plain and simple, a Government take over of our rights and freedoms.
bolivarmonews.com...
edit on 16-8-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

TODAY???......everyday since Obama (the black man) has been president...type in the word "Obama" in the search tab....there's plenty of "idiocy" out there

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
I guess the question I have is once they enforce this (or attempt to), How far are they willing to go to get into a home if a person refuses?

That's really the bottom line here isn't it. As your following post about the CPS-SWAT showdown clearly shows it is quite possible that the person refusing could get hurt (badly) or worse.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

TODAY???......everyday since Obama (the black man) has been president...type in the word "Obama" in the search tab....there's plenty of "idiocy" out there

Obama Parties the Night Away
-all the while-
Egypt Burns (Live Feed)

Nothing to see here move along.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

You are SO right, I tried that myself and typed in Obama's name and there just tons of pages showing all the idiotic things Obama has been doing.. One of particular note was the 250+ promises he never kept and a long list of outright lies he has told, even to his own supporters! Imagine a US president being so corrupt as this, it is simply mind boggling!

The point of all of this is no matter what they tell you about his Obamacare, you will get something else entirely!

They keep changing it and exempting friends from a lot of the requirements too, that thing is like putty, they change it daily to suit whatever helps his donors and their friends..;

Voluntary today, mandatory tomorrow !
edit on 16-8-2013 by alienreality because: add

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Another well spun thread.

The purpose of the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) Competitive Grant program is to award Development Grants to States that currently have modest home visiting programs and want to build on existing efforts

Affordable Care Act - Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program

But I can see how home visits by Health Professionals for Babies and Toddlers doesn't sound sinister enough for you.

Jack Booted troops kicking down your door sounds much more reasonable.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

you really think the majority of people in this country thinks the republicans are fighting for them?....take a look at the states that have all republican governments, they have been screwing over women, young people, minorities. government workers, unions, they don't want people to vote, they don't want people to have healthcare, they don't want people to get good jobs, they DO WANT women and doctors to go to jail for abortions...they want to do away with anything that helps the disadvantaged or........and congress,,,the republicans are determined to shut down this government, no matter how many millions of people they would hurt, they want this country to fail, and the American people to be as miserable as possible, just because Obama is in office...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join