It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois, the great authoritarian state continues on.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Illinois, or as I like to call it "Chicago" is well known for being a radical left state but more so than that, one that is driven by corruption all the way to the top of the political rungs. Despite it's draconian gun laws it continues to be a city of high crime, murder and rape and until very recently was the last state in the US to not allow a concealed weapons permit under any condition but was forced too by federal courts or the state would become open carry without a permit needed.

Illinois is also the home of wiretapping laws that prevent you from audio or videotaping the police, some still do it but it is at your own peril as they have tried to slap life in prison type charges on those arrested for doing nothing more than taping the police in public. This is still happening despite court rulings striking the law down.

Democrats in Illinois despise guns, they don't want anyone to have them and they hate that they have to allow it in any fashion because despite their oaths of office, they apparently regard the Constitution in whole or in part, as toilet paper.

I humbly present you with this story, some will find it disturbing and some will say this type of thing is needed, I say, very simply that door to door anything in a county like the one Chicago is in should be using police resources more appropriately and that includes the sheriff's office.

3000 Cook County, Illinois Gun Owners Face Raids & Gun Confiscation in America Over Expired FOID Cards

Source

Alarming reports coming out of Cook County, Illinois are exposing the Sheriff’s new agenda, a “team” of gun wielding officers going gun-owner door to gun-owner door and confiscating gun owner’s property & guns over expired FOID cards. Of course, the Sheriff’s “team” is claiming this is not gun confiscation in America, nor are these raiding parties, but instead, proper justice for American criminals who decided to own guns and let their FOID cards expire. FOID Cards are valid for a period of 10 years, and forgetting your decade renewal date could mean the government forgetting your 2nd amendment privilege. Remember that Rights are inherent and self-evident, while privileges are granted.

Those who are in favor of a national registry, this exactly is what you could expect should they ever decide we no longer need our second amendment rights. Door to door at every house across the nation.

By putting every gun owner into a database, the Illinois government can also make sure they keep tabs on gun owners who go out of their way to comply with gun prohibitionist regulations and limits, a suspicious activity in itself. It’s interesting to note that the Illinois FOID gun owner database is a database of Illinois gun owners who have complied with their law, regardless of how wrong it is, yet the Sheriff is utilizing the database to browse private data and addresses in search of criminals.This is government-logic at its finest. To truly understand the government-logic here, imagine your state government passing a law to create a database of those who complied with the law, and then sending cops to the homes of those in the database, claiming they were searching for criminals. The State passed this idiotic law on the premise that creating a database of law-abiding citizens would solve their state-created chaos and lead to the arrest of criminals. George Orwell summarizes this famously in 1984: “WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, and IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH”

I would encourage you to read the entire story HERE

Sorry if this has been covered but I did a pretty extensive search and came up with nothing for this on ATS.
edit on 14-8-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Great Catch and all National debate on the 2nd amendment aside for a moment. I wonder how many people really understand the "2nd Privilege" system it IS with the FOID card in Illinois.

States like California register everything to near the BB gun level. True...but they don't take that last extra step of true insult to issue a "Mommy's Permission" card to simply own a firearm ...with an expiration date, no less. That's downright cheeky of them, eh?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Great Catch and all National debate on the 2nd amendment aside for a moment. I wonder how many people really understand the "2nd Privilege" system it IS with the FOID card in Illinois.

States like California register everything to near the BB gun level. True...but they don't take that last extra step of true insult to issue a "Mommy's Permission" card to simply own a firearm ...with an expiration date, no less. That's downright cheeky of them, eh?

It's truly amazing sometimes just how incredibly oppressive some Illinois laws can be until you realize that the politics in Chicago largely control state law as well and the politics in Chicago are some of the most corrupt in the US. Those involved in criminal enterprise while trying to maintain the appearance of legitimacy ultimately wan't to rob the people of as much power as possible so they are free to continue their misdeeds unmolested.

They do regulate BB guns as well in Illinois, you need a FOID card for any pellet larger than .177 and also for any BB or pellet gun that fires at a velocity over 700 FPS.

Somehow, no regulations on crossbows though, strange.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My wife and I left Illinois last year because of how upside down things are going on in crook county besides the tough gun laws and the crazy tax hikes year after year I just don't know how people there can take getting screwed over.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
When it comes to things like this people will have to individually decide what the are going to do. They could come to my door as much as they want but they are not getting a single gun. Of course that may entail stashing the objects in question while claiming all guns were lost in a meteor strike or something.

How are people really reacting to this grab? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edit - BTW since when does Galactus smile like that?
edit on 14-8-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
My wife and I left Illinois last year because of how upside down things are going on in crook county besides the tough gun laws and the crazy tax hikes year after year I just don't know how people there can take getting screwed over.

Trust me, I hear ya. If there was any way I could get out of this state I would. My wifes whole family lives here though and she just recently bought a house before we were married and with our kids settled in their schools, I don't see how it would be possible but I dream of it every day!

We don't live in Cook County at least, haven't for about 2 years now and just being out of that county makes a big difference but not enough in my book.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago
When it comes to things like this people will have to individually decide what the are going to do. They could come to my door as much as they want but they are not getting a single gun. Of course that may entail stashing the objects in question while claiming all guns were lost in a meteor strike or something.

Well they would not be coming to your door unless you lost your gun ownership rights do to mental illness, a restraining order or violent crime charges or convictions and did not turn it in.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Thats the thing though, you have the illusion of choice..... Choice to decide to not give it up or to hide it but in reality, they will block off your entire neighborhood and swat team your house, put you, your wife in cuffs for 6 hours while they ransack your entire house and call DHFS to come and pick up your kids.

That is why people need to make that choice in large numbers and not individually because it always ends up as you painted as some sort of anarchist nutcase and most of the zombies sitting at home watching channel 2 news are going to be cheering that they actually napped another nutcase with a gun.

I'm sure they are reacting the same way as I and my neighbors feel about it, we think it is completely authoritarian but when you think of what choice you have, you have to ask yourself, is it the right time to say no when it comes to the welfare of your family. It's a hard choice.

P.S. I don't think hes smiling, he NEVER smiles lol! I think it's a flat mouthed grin based on angle, we all know Galactus does not possess the proper emotion for laughter although I have seen him really pissed a couple times.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Well they would not be coming to your door unless you lost your gun ownership rights do to mental illness, a restraining order or violent crime charges or convictions and did not turn it in.

Actually, in Illinois they would, just because your FOID card expired.............. Pay attention man!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Actually, the whole point in Illinois is that you don't have to disqualify in any of those ways to lose every gun you have and by force if they so choose.

FOID Card FAQ - Illinois State Police

It's got 10 year renewal periods. Forget to renew? Well, the FOID card is the permission to OWN...not carry or bear, but literally OWN a gun. No Card = No ownership in your home.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hey Helious... I have a question. (Innocent bunny face)

If the Poll Tax was considered racist and unconstitutional because it generally discriminated against Blacks by requiring money be paid for the right to vote ..What is it called to have to register for a Government issued card to merely exercise the right to own a firearm?

Why isn't this racist and discriminatory? Even an ID requirement to vote is called wrong because the $10 it brings into need to buy an ID card is enough to scream Civil rights for. Might I assume the FOID card is not 100% free?

If not...isn't this also requiring money for nothing more than the simple use of a Constitutional Right? Hence....Unconstitutional, Racist and Discriminatory?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So what requirements does Illinois have for selling or losing a gun? Here in WA there is nothing. I traded a handgun to a coworker (even got a bill of sale with serial number) then his house was broken into and the gun stolen. When I call the State Police to report it they just said "don't worry about it, we don't track that kind of stuff.)

Guessing Illinois probably has some kind of registration like a car where you have to notify when it's sold.

As for handling a forced gun confiscation I see it like this:
1. State starts to go after the guns they know of.
2. Ring ring, "Hey Ma, can I store some ... er, old boxes in the back of your garage?"
3. Get new gun card or wait till they tire of searching.
4. Fighting the laws in court is also good (after securing the weapons.)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Hey Helious... I have a question. (Innocent bunny face)

If the Poll Tax was considered racist and unconstitutional because it generally discriminated against Blacks by requiring money be paid for the right to vote ..What is it called to have to register for a Government issued card to merely exercise the right to own a firearm?

Why isn't this racist and discriminatory? Even an ID requirement to vote is called wrong because the $10 it brings into need to buy an ID card is enough to scream Civil rights for. Might I assume the FOID card is not 100% free?

If not...isn't this also requiring money for nothing more than the simple use of a Constitutional Right? Hence....Unconstitutional, Racist and Discriminatory?

Well Wrabbit, I'm glad you asked! now pull up a chair!
Seriously though, it's quite simple, at least in my mind. What is racist, discriminatory or what is considered politically correct is largely dictated by one group, the media.

This simple truth can be illustrated no more clearly than the Zimmerman case. Even though there was absolutely no proof or reason to think Zimmerman a racist and there was in fact much more evidence to suggest he wasn't, the media decided in it's infinite wisdom that he should painted that way and poof! Instant racist in the minds of millions of Americans.

The biggest problem is that a large portion of Americans can not be bothered to even know their rights much less actively protect and defend them. I offer you a situation that happened to me the other night when channel surfing on the couch with my wife, we had flipped to CNN for a few minutes and Anderson Cooper was mentioned to which I said "Damn Liberals" and changed the channel. To that, my wife exclaimed "your so confusing sometimes, I thought you WERE a liberal". I said, "honey.........I'm a libertarian" To which she said, "Wait, whats the difference". I was just left shaking my head and that happened in my own household.

That story would be funny to me if it wasn't so scary and even more than that, very dangerous as it speaks volumes to the state of our republic and the generation that we are relying on to keep it in tact and free of tyranny.

The simple fact of the matter is the second Amendment is not a state or federally granted privilege, it is a right and they skirt around that right by calling what they do regulation which in some form is needed but as all regulation, it becomes perverted, it becomes authoritarian and eventually as what is happening in Illinois, it becomes a clear and direct violation of Constitutionally guaranteed rights and that, to be honest, isn't really debatable.

It is discriminatory absolutely in the sense that it robs a certain group of people (Americans) of their God given unalienable rights and the rights that the Constitution of the United States, the supreme authority of which all government power is derived from and made legitimate grants them as citizens.

This kind of law, such as the FOID card in Illinois or laws in other states that require excess "licensing fees" and other unreasonable restrictions are in point of fact a violation of true law. One is left to wonder then, why do they still stand and the only answer I can offer to that question is....... Because we allow them too. God knows as well as our founding fathers, any law that is in conflict with the Constitution, is no law at all.

These are relevant.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

So what requirements does Illinois have for selling or losing a gun? Here in WA there is nothing. I traded a handgun to a coworker (even got a bill of sale with serial number) then his house was broken into and the gun stolen. When I call the State Police to report it they just said "don't worry about it, we don't track that kind of stuff.)

Guessing Illinois probably has some kind of registration like a car where you have to notify when it's sold.

As for handling a forced gun confiscation I see it like this:
1. State starts to go after the guns they know of.
2. Ring ring, "Hey Ma, can I store some ... er, old boxes in the back of your garage?"
3. Get new gun card or wait till they tire of searching.
4. Fighting the laws in court is also good (after securing the weapons.)

All firearms buyers are required to have a FOID card, you are required to see it and you MUST keep any record of a gun sale for a minimum of 10 years and be able to produce it to any peace officer upon request. Failure to abide by those laws is a felony and you can be sure you will be prosecuted for it.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

had to renew my FOID early this year, took three and a half months! the law says they have thirty days to complete your renewal.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by botay

Yup, they have thirty days to get it sent out. Mine was set to expire in two months so I sent in my renewal. They denied it because the pic I sent was a little to big. All I did was take a pair of scissors and trim the pic a little. Very little. Sent it back and got my new card. Funny thing is, they don't use the pic you submit, they use the one from your license.

A buddy of mine had his expire. It took him seven months to get his renewed. He was very worried for those seven months, as that's a felony conviction if caught.

top topics

join