It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police threaten to beat and tase family in middle of the night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I find it interesting that this was a mainstream article, and no one's come across it yet... and if they have, I apologize. I used the search function, didn't find it.

Social media is filled with photos, videos and posts of workers' wrong-doing. Still, when a video was posted to YouTube on July 30 apparently showing a group of Georgia law officers threatening to "kill" and "tase" a terrified family, it was so stunning that it went viral -- and prompted the local authorities to announce an internal investigation.

According to CBS Atlanta, it all began late in the evening of Friday, June 26, when a group of eight officers from DeKalb County in Georgia reportedly appeared at Natania Griffin's house at 1:30 a.m., and threatened to break inside while banging on the door with the gusto of actual intruders.

Griffin's 23-year-old son Donovan Hall whipped out his cellphone and videotaped the incident, later posting the 19 minutes of footage to YouTube. On the video, men can be heard making statements like, "I am going to kill you," "I am going to tase your a**," and, ""I wish I could cane both of y'all" when the family resisted the men. Griffin can be heard breaking into hysterics while shrieking, "If I'm dead in the morning, you'll know why. Do not trust DeKalb County police."

The DeKalb County Sheriff's Office has not denied the video's authenticity and has conceded to CBS Atlanta that the officers used "inappropriate language," as the local outlet put it. The county also maintains that no excessive force was used in trying to arrest Griffin for not paying a $1,000 civil fine that was 15 days late. (Reports did not mention the reason for the fine.) The county also says that it had a warrant for her arrest. Griffin and her family are planning to press charges and are currently seeking legal representation.

After calling 911, Griffin and her family eventually agreed to allow the officers to enter their house. Once the law officers were inside the home, both parties calmed down before the officers lectured the family on resisting their entry. "You put everyone's safety in jeopardy 'cause you want to play games, and big boy wanted to make a make a videotape," one officer can allegedly be heard saying on the video.

After skimming through a few other Posse Comitatus threads, I think I can speak for everyone (except the cop-loving trolls) when I say, this is getting completely ridiculous.

edit on 13-8-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is sick and disgusting.

To terrorize people like that, that kind of blatant abuse is pure evil and all over a civil fine to boot.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Yes it was posted here last week.

Dekalb County Sheriff

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Yes it was posted here last week.

Dekalb County Sheriff

Damn. I seem to have a gift for using the wrong words in the search function.

Still... point stands. Cops are tyrants.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Cops are tyrants.

I agree with you on that 100%.

I think WE have recorded enough of this crap by now that we could present a case to the government that something has to be done and "New Rules" have to be made.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
there is a camaraderie with groups like this.. they stick together and create lies of omission and are backed up by their state officials and relies on their word against civilians so 9 times out of ten they get away with any wrong doings.

and this sort of thing has been going on since they formed but has only recently been blatantly, obviously and defiantly been going on without the slightest bit of trying to conceal what they're doing and it's worrisome to me because the question has been brought up by others and myself in past threads.. "what would military and first responders do to civilians in a government controlled SHTF scenario"

and i think we are seeing the answer in the form of what's going on. they're becoming "gangs". for the most part tho i think we're ok with the firemen tho, for the time being anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
police have a strange motto, ask them why and answer is BECAUSE I CAN.....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I came across this yesterday.

I was too enraged and pissed off to post it on here. (Would of violated every T&C imaginable)

I'm glad it was posted.

The video is scary, I wish I don't ever have to go through that. How can police act in this way when absolutely NO force or threatening gestures were made? They were aggressive from the get-go. The family even called the cops on the cops asking why they were acting this way.

Internal investigations are going to have fun with this one. But from their track record, they all will be suspended with pay. The family will also be rewarded a nice lump sum.

And to think... all this was done over a measly 1000 bucks. I wonder how much this raid cost the tax payers? I bet it cost 50 times as much as the 1,000 they were after.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I am always a little perplexed at these middle of the night visits / raids. I mean, can't they be done in the daytime with a simple knock at the door, all calm and civilised, instead of a middle of the night show of force and terrorising of an entire household? More so when it's for such trivial and non-violent infractions of "The Law"!

I came to the conclusion long ago that the police actually get their jollies acting in this way. I think many of them seem to have watched too many Hollywood action movies and think they need to be all bulked up on steroids (which would account for the unbridled brutality of some) and other enhancing substances, legal or otherwise. Rather than approach people in a reasonable and calm manner, they must assert their perceived authority and are itching for a show of force. In fact, I'd go as far as to say they are acting no better than thuggish street gangs, only they get to do so and get paid for it, usually with little or no oversight or punishment when they go too far.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
In a SHTF situation, it would change, the people would fight back on a level the cops have never seen. Just think 1992 riots on steroids across the nation.

The cops in LA in 92 were running scared. They are big and bad when the people are scared to loose everything if they fight back, but if everything is lost then these cops will just be statistic.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpy
In a SHTF situation, it would change, the people would fight back on a level the cops have never seen. Just think 1992 riots on steroids across the nation.

The cops in LA in 92 were running scared. They are big and bad when the people are scared to loose everything if they fight back, but if everything is lost then these cops will just be statistic.

bringing this up.. i think i agree with your remark.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Give me a break. The video was staged, and clearly used as a distraction, and to lay victim later. I detailed all that on the original thread here - link, so you can read that.

Now, since you stated this:

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
After skimming through a few other Posse Comitatus threads, I think I can speak for everyone (except the cop-loving trolls) when I say, this is getting completely ridiculous.

...in your OP, I suppose you have a label all prepared to apply to me. Because, gee, nothing like starting a thread by pre-labeling any and all opposing points of view, right? Well, go ahead, if that is what not being gullible means to you.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=16803940

Already posted

Closing

new topics

top topics

join