It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Ghosts Be People in Another Dimension?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Could a percent of paranormal 'ghost' activity/phenomenon be due to the activity of those in a different dimension? Could it be attributed to individuals that are perhaps just in a different dimension, on the same site as us (for example, if it were a house that the paranormal activity was occurring, people in a different dimension could be residing in the very same location in their dimension).

While I don't believe that this could be an entire explanation, I believe that it could perhaps contribute to a part of such paranormal activity, what do you think?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Reminds me of a Doctor Who episodes where people where seeing ghost, only to have it turn out to be a cyberman invasion from another dimension.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I had always thought that!! But that doesn't explain why they are mostly dead people and not living people :]

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
I had always thought that!! But that doesn't explain why they are mostly dead people and not living people :]

Of course, that's why I said in a percentage of the cases and no where near all of them or to fully explain it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ghosts are people who are actually NOT entirely in "a different dimension", but deceased people who for some reason didn't or cannot accept their death and are still stuck in our physical plane.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

I think I see what you mean and I don't see why not. If any of it exists, then we have no idea what the 'rules' are or even basic 'laws' which govern other realms or how they overlap to interact with ours.

It's as possible as not, I'd say, that our reality overlaps with more than just one other and it's not all just echos of the past or dead people's essence remaining.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Why not , it makes more sense than dead people coming back to haunt places .
I think some ghost reports could be replays of past events , don't know how and I don't know why but it may be caused by a rip in the time space continuum .... or something like that

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't know exactly what ghosts are. Maybe people who had unsettled business, their consciousness stored in stones or crystal formations just waiting to have someone who can supply energy to that consciousness come around.

I think that the beings possibly from a different dimension might be considered angels or fairies. It may also be beings from a different time, not a dimension. With so little scientific testing having been done on these things, it is hard to know what they really are. My question is why don't scientists with the resources they have actually investigate these things with an open mind....instead of avoiding them.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It's someting to contemplate sure, and who could disagree with that, its possible they live in/on a parallel timeline to us, and sometimes there is some interaction or points of contact with those two lines, but we don't go to their dimension so why do they come to ours, I wish they would stay on their side and we will stay on ours. don't like ghosts intruding in my life. hmpf!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I have been exploring the subject of 'ghosts' for a while. That I had seen the loss of three close family members over the last seven years was not the catalyst but... in two instances, there were events that were... well, by no means proof of anything but they were still very moving.

My theory is that what is often referred to as the 'human soul' exists in at least two environments, one of those being here in the physical world in what amounts to a very delicate state of pure energy. Moreover, for those who remain and have the ability to lasso heat to charge the moment, they may be able to form a visual representation of their presence.

Of course, this is all personal opinion... nothing more.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I believe ghosts are demons taking on the form of a loved one or whatever other person and I know someone who has actually told a ghost to reveal its true self which turned out to be a demon .

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
Could a percent of paranormal 'ghost' activity/phenomenon be due to the activity of those in a different dimension? Could it be attributed to individuals that are perhaps just in a different dimension, on the same site as us (for example, if it were a house that the paranormal activity was occurring, people in a different dimension could be residing in the very same location in their dimension).

While I don't believe that this could be an entire explanation, I believe that it could perhaps contribute to a part of such paranormal activity, what do you think?

I think so - or a leak in time.
second

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

My mom always told me that ghost will go away, all you need to do is find why they are here and fix it :] so yea unfinished business

btw ima big fan x3

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the good responses everyone. - From what I've read, it's practically considered to be a 'fact' amongst the scientific community that other dimensions indeed, exist. Who is to say that there isn't some sort of overlapping between our dimension and another, at times, due to some sort of unexplained component?

I mean, individuals in other dimensions are given to reside/inhabit the very same areas that we do (thus of course where paranormal activity takes place) maybe in many cases, a place that is 'haunted' or that experiences an amount of paranormal activity is a place where there is some sort of strange 'freak' component that allows the two dimensions to in some way interweave/overlap.

As I said, I don't think that this is an explanation that would explain ghosts or paranormal phenomenon as a whole (no where close) but, I believe that it could be a portion, perhaps.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I am thinking if this is true...then the people in the other dimension...may be seeing us from time to time...and they may be viewing us as ghosts.

Many believe that there are parallel universes all around us...I am one of those people.

Parallel universe definition: "A universe or space-time continuum that exists alongside ours, and which may possess different physical laws or a different history." (Source: Answers.com)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I am thinking if this is true...then the people in the other dimension...may be seeing us from time to time...and they may be viewing us as ghosts.

Many believe that there are parallel universes all around us...I am one of those people.

Parallel universe definition: "A universe or space-time continuum that exists alongside ours, and which may possess different physical laws or a different history." (Source: Answers.com)

I definitely agree.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Here is a great book that will answer your questions about the afterlife, and what ghosts are. It just came out this past March so I thought I would mention it for those who don't know about it.

A man that died comes back to tell the steps the spirit goes through by channeling it through is sister. With her help, they wrote a book together.

You can take a quick peek inside the book to read a few pages here:
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376400291&sr=1-1&keywords=the+afterlife+of +billy+fingers

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

First you would have to convince those here on ATS that channeling is legit before anyone can claim a book about a dead guy telling it how it is, after one dies, is what actually happens.

Because it's in a book, doesn't make it true.

PS, I have seen ghosts, but because I told you that, do you believe me?
I believe me; ...or do I?

edit on 13-8-2013 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2013 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Don't discredit the book before you have read it. A lot of answers to questions I have seen over the years, and especially here on ATS, are answered in it.

She does offer proof of it being real. I suppose that's where we need to practice FAITH.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Make a thread on it, it will stand or fall on it's own merit.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join