It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Ghosts Be People in Another Dimension?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Yes, that thought had crossed my mind. But I won't have time until the weekend. I work nights, and sleep during the day.

I'll get to it. I might do it when I get home in the morning.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Looked at the book for a second, but was immediately turned off by it's cheesy title and cover picture, lol...

Honestly, I don't think that any human being can accurately explain what happens after life or whats behind paranormal/ghost phenomenon.. They may speculate and theorize of course, but it's far beyond our understanding let alone capability to know..

People who do what this person is doing, the author, also appear very questionable to me.. Someone who comes off with a ridiculous title to a book that is supposed to regard such a meaningful thing that they supposedly went through first hand and publish it to cash in.. That's questionable to me..

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

I understand there is no possible way to verify the events she describes in the book are true. But there is no way to verify anything in the spiritual world, or religious beliefs, until we experience it for ourselves.

Just saying it is an interesting read that answers many questions. Makes good sense to me.
The reader can take what rings true to them, and discard the rest, if they don't believe it.

Have you heard the saying, "Never judge a book by it's cover" ?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

I understand there is no possible way to verify the events she describes in the book are true. But there is no way to verify anything in the spiritual world, or religious beliefs, until we experience it for ourselves.

Just saying it is an interesting read that answers many questions. Makes good sense to me.
The reader can take what rings true to them, and discard the rest, if they don't believe it.

Haha, funnily enough I was actually thinking of the irony in that saying and my response, lol, but in this case I have some room for doing so, lol.

It's cover just tells me that it is full of crap and that the author solely produced it to make $ and gain attention.. Why would anyone who is serious about such a meaningful and serious in it's self subject make such an ass out of the very book that it's discussed in?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I am of the believing that anything is possible, so thinking about different dimensions in a same plane is something I have thought about and due to my experiences with "certain things" from shadow figures to full body apparitions, I have to say that is possible, at least base on my personal experiences.

Now lets remember that no every body get to see what others see some people never have seen a ghost or shadow figures and never will.

Others are so afraid of what this kind of experiences represent due to personal spiritual believes that their will dismiss any experience as evil or demonic.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolcucumber2
I believe ghosts are demons taking on the form of a loved one or whatever other person and I know someone who has actually told a ghost to reveal its true self which turned out to be a demon .
i shouted at the one in my old house that i wanted dig money if it was going to stay any longer never seen or heard off it again
i think i freightened a ghost away

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I think youre right. I think paranormal experiences are a mixture of several different types of phenomena, and that dimensional "blips" are one of them. Ive noticed that a lot of EVPs sound as if theres someone (somewhere) hearing the paranormal investigators, and responding more out of confusion than anything.
I always joke that somewhere or some"when", there's people being driven mad by the mysterious voices constantly asking (repeatedly) bizarre questions (who are you, do you know youre dead, why are you here, what do you want, why did you..etc.). Could you imagine? I think I'd freak the hel out.
I also think that maybe many ghosts, spirits, etc. get tired of being messed with and "investigated." I liken it to someone sitting down beside you on the bus and asking those same questions over and over, and no matter what you say or do, they persist. They eventually leave, only to return and repeat the whole process again.
It seems like more people should be trying to help these spirits, etc. "cross over." It scares me to think there's a possibility of getting somehow "stuck" in between physical death and whatever's next.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen

Originally posted by sled735

Haha, funnily enough I was actually thinking of the irony in that saying and my response, lol, but in this case I have some room for doing so, lol.

It's cover just tells me that it is full of crap and that the author solely produced it to make $ and gain attention.. Why would anyone who is serious about such a meaningful and serious in it's self subject make such an ass out of the very book that it's discussed in?

You must miss a lot of good stuff with such a dismissive attitude, if you read some of the reviews about this book you will see how well it has been received. It has a lighthearted title so as not to come across as the usual stuffy heavy going books on this subject. Some of the descriptions in the book would be very hard to imagine without inside knowledge from her dead brother.It took me to some unimaginably beautiful places and really explained the workings of the universe in ways that made sense. Even if it's all made up i at least gave it more than a few seconds attention. How can you judge any book by it's cover or title.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If ghosts existed in a parallel universe, Ghost Hunters would be a lot more interesting. You would see a ghost team investigating our dimension's team. lol

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I agree with you here, and think it's more than possible than some paranormal phenomenon could be attributed to activity on other dimensions - either on higher dimensions such as the fourth or even in parallel universes. I think that acknowledging the existence (or at least the possibility) of higher plains, then there's little reason to not consider that beings could inhabit this place and could make themselves known to us (wilfully or not) through peculiar sightings, noises or strange happenings.

As for parallel universes, I also think it's possible that universes that are closely situated to our own could influence this one, perhaps where the fabric of the universe is thinner due to frequency changes or electromagnetic energies. This could also account for activity viewed as ghosts as it's being filtered somewhat and we are not able to take in the whole picture.

Another possibility I've considered for ghosts - particularly relating to sound but also sightings, is that they are echoes from the past or even the future. A few times when deeply meditating I have viewed a large fractaling grid expanding in all and more directions, I consider this to be my third dimension view of the density of the fourth dimension. From viewing this I have waved my hand to then see it's trails travelling away down the many fractals and consider this could happen and for it to end up in another place an other time.

From what I can gather, practitioners of magik use a similar idea to direct their energies through the dimension above and back onto this one, and there are some very good examples online to give an idea of this. Flatland by Edwin Abbott is a very good explanation, and one from Aleister Crowley can be found here > chestofbooks.com... particularly from half way down onwards.

I'd like to add that I think it's very beneficial and progressive for people to be considering what could be the cause of paranormal activity like ghosts and such, so for this I really like your thread. There seems to be a huge tendency, especially in the science communities to dismiss such as the wants and wishes of the deluded, such dismissiveness doesn't seem to help anyone - it's like thinking a suppression of 'bad' thoughts will help you be good - just doesn't happen that way.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
One dimension is the physical dimension and the other is the afterlife, so material dimension and immaterial dimension. Everyone is a ghost in a sense, that is the immaterial body (spirit) which grows because of the material body (body) and together they create the soul which completes during the transition or when the material body is burnt up, decayed, scattered and/or diluted.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I agree with what you are saying. I have also thought of time as everything that will happen or did happen is always happening. So at this moment i am being born, living and dieing but currently i am only noticing the living part. So everything i typed or will type has been typed, and is going to be typed. Its kinda hard to follow i guess. I like the idea of ghost as being on a diffrent dimension as well, makes it easier for my mind to follow along. The whole time thing i been contemplating for awhile makes my mind get stuck in a loop and i can't break it, to actually follow the clues.

Life is hard enough for me to struggle through, let alone trying to figure out what happens at death and beyond into the after life.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Maybe time isn't as linear as we think, and it's like a stack of slides, so to speak. Maybe one slide bleeds through from one point in time to another & we see a "replay" of someone from some other point in time, like an overlay of sorts? If that theory of everything that ever existed everywhere in all dimensions is all simultaneously co-existing has some merit, then maybe the paranormal really is dimensional or time bleed-through.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Honestly, I don't think that any human being can accurately explain what happens after life or whats behind paranormal/ghost phenomenon.. They may speculate and theorize of course, but it's far beyond our understanding let alone capability to know..

I think your correct people that are interested in life after death which is most especially when approaching that part of life. No one has solid answers there are some good theories and anyone claiming they know is full of crap.

I have heard from more than one source the theory of it being another dimensions or different vibrations.
I am currently reading Delores Cannon and her experiences doing past life regressions. Her books are fascinating and have good theories but again no solid proof.

Anyone really interested in this subject I suggest reading her books they are quite the eye opener.

Imo we will never really know until we get there!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Ghosts or spirits as it really should be called are people who died nothing else, just that.
When you die only your fisical body dies, the spirit then leaves the body and keeps on with his live in the spiritual world. Yes you can say its another dimenson.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Hello op, I believe you're on the right track but replace the concept of dimension with temporal overlapping which may have results that look multiple dimensions.

If you stopped time and divided it up into sequential events that looked similar to a reel of pictures it would appear to the casual observer that we have a multiverse or multiple dimensions.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I have had what seemed like dreams where I have interacted with people who saw me as a ghost or similar. Sometimes in a large classroom where they would become aware of me and continued through lectures labs and whatnot, but eventually they would try to interact with me which would cause a break where I would usually wake up. So, yeah they would chase me away as sort of an experiment or just to get rid of the distraction.

There have been other scenarios but I mentioned the class because more people were involved and it was a reoccurring.

Could be nothing more than a dream, but I'm not so sure. Are they in another part of the world, another time, dimension or alien world who knows.

Dead, not yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation

You must miss a lot of good stuff with such a dismissive attitude, if you read some of the reviews about this book you will see how well it has been received.

Of course, good reviews don't mean the book is the truth, it just means that these people read a book that they liked and they also wish to believe it to be true, so they do.

It's a book, written by somebody we don't know, they could be completely full of crap and call poetic license to squeeze out a few more 'retirement' books.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by origem

Ghosts or spirits as it really should be called are people who died nothing else, just that.
When you die only your fisical body dies, the spirit then leaves the body and keeps on with his live in the spiritual world. Yes you can say its another dimenson.

How do you know this?
Please tell me, I am looking for the truth, apparently you are the bearer of truth.

Where did you get your information, billions would like to know.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
Could a percent of paranormal 'ghost' activity/phenomenon be due to the activity of those in a different dimension? Could it be attributed to individuals that are perhaps just in a different dimension, on the same site as us (for example, if it were a house that the paranormal activity was occurring, people in a different dimension could be residing in the very same location in their dimension).

While I don't believe that this could be an entire explanation, I believe that it could perhaps contribute to a part of such paranormal activity, what do you think?

Yes, there is a different dimension of existence for those who move on and for some reason don't go into the light. Where we see orbs or full-body apparitions, they see us as if we look at someone through a rain-soaked window from the outside looking in.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join