It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a patriot and I love the United States of America

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Fair enough.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Yours just isn't a popular one, except by many who hate the United States. You run with good company......
Never said I hate the USA. Just hate your goverment and what its doing just like my own

No need to insult those on ATS, because they dont agree with you. Archie Bunker humor is so 70's.......

What Im saying is fact. The USA is not the only decent place to live in.

. Haitians, Mexicans and many more trying to get into this country "illegally" would agree also. A fact you dont want to see, or agree with.

Millions of Eastern Europeans flooding into western Europe plus the millions of Africans and Arabs trying to get into the UK. So your point?

Just shows that the USA has the same problem as the rest of the developed free world.

Wrong.

Maybe you could provide for me the list I gave you, and show me those strengths?

I await patiently for them.

My argument did not include thoses hell holes listed it inclded the free world like the example I listed. North Korea and Iran ect are crap holes worse than living even in detroit
At no point did I claim North Korea ect were better than the USA or other western countrys.

My point was although the USA is a good place to live it is not the only good place to live hence not be "special" unless of course you count developed free countrys I listed too as special too. And that useing the argument that you can only live in the USA or a crap hole like North Korea is a empty and stupid argument.

You complety failed and missed the mark here. what funny is I bet you get another 5 stars

If your going to try and "burn" me at least read what I say proberlly and dont make stuff up or put words into my mouth. And use facts too

edit on 17-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

On immigration, I am a US citizen, born and raised. My grandmother though was in the British Army during ww2. Born and raised English. I can't get a permit to live in the UK, I tried, even though I have family there. But anyone in the East that wants asylum walks right in. British immigration is about as screwed up as the US letting anyone basically walk across the border. I'd have to walk up to Canada, get citizenship there before I could move to the country my grandparents were born.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

I know right

We get floods of immigrants from the ME and africa have of them wanting to kill us the other half with no skills yes nothings done. But i can bet you that if you outstayed your visa they would have you on the first plane out with a hefty fine.

Usa and uk share some very similiar issues.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Seriously.

Why are you so bent out of shape on Stars?

Second, You failed to show me the Pro's of living in those places you said have "strengths and weaknesses".

Hell, you couldn't even provide for me their strengths !

Third, you did try to insult those who agree with me by calling them "blind meatheads". Why?

Cause they dont agree with your way of thinking? Come on. Childish.

The United States is a special place. I dont see Haitians traveling to Cuba which is by far closer, risking their very lives to find freedom. They try to get to the United States. Same goes for many in South America.

The United States isn't perfect. That clearly has been been proven. We have many many faults, and many I dont agree with. When it comes down to our Military, I show them the respect they deserve. It takes a lot to risk your life, daily for freedom. You dont have to agree with it, you dont have to like it, but by God, you should respect it.

Some Country's you wouldn't stand a chance at saying the things you have said. In this Country, right or wrong the KKK, Westboro Baptist Church, Hate Mongers, far left, far right, idiots and geniuses have a right to say what they want to. Because of those who have risked and lost their lives in pursuit of keeping our freedoms safe.

The World is in a precarious position, even the United States has fallen under the spell of change. But......

There's no place like Home. Its special, and I dont think there's anything you can say that will change the facts of this.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

We get floods of immigrants

So does the Us hell we have 30-50 million 'undocumented' immigrants who think America is just the greatest thing since microwavable mac n cheese.

And millions more on their way.

Soooooo.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Tell me which FREEDOM the US military is fighting for in Yemen. In Egypt? In Iraq? These are all ILLEGAL wars fought to guarantee the protection of Israel... on the US taxpayer's dime. You join the military today, and you might as well join the Israeli national guard.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

petroleum, and the freedom to burn as cheaply and as often as possible...silly.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Its not much being criticized for being a American its being criticized for being proud of what the USA govemnet is doing. Which Semper in his replies seem to be.

Are you reading my posts? I just spent the better half of that post bemoaning how evil men are running the government.

Or are you just looking for a line you can quote out of context? It would seem so.

Plus you make it sound like Americans are special and have diffrent thoughts and feeling to the rest of the word. News flash your not.

It would appear, based on the totality of your posts in this thread, that we are special in two ways: we can comprehend the English language as written, and we don't hate America unconditionally.

You took a post that both declared my pride at who I am and also declared my disgust at our present government, and somehow, amazingly, twisted it into stating I am proud of the government and think I am somehow superior to anyone. I must congratulate you; that is the most deft spinning of words and phrases into desired form I have ever witnessed, even from our politicians. If only you could do with origami what you do so well with words, you could create a high-rise office building from a post-it note and save the world billions on construction costs.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Maybe you should try being proud to be an American based on the history of this country and the precedent it has set, not worshiping the military and the endless wars while we're 17 trillion dollars in debt.

Excuse me? I worship no man and certainly no government or organization.

Maybe you should look around yourself sometime. Despite the government, we are still a strong people. America is not just a nation; it is also a people. I am proud to be a part of that people, despite what our government is doing. If you hate the government so much, what are you doing about it? I'm preparing myself and those I care for to survive in the coming collapse and also trying to vote out the evil as fast as I can. Who did you vote for last time? Obama? Romney?

It doesn't matter which one. They were one and the same, identical ideals with different faces. I voted for the one shot I saw our country having: libertarian. The libertarian party, while I was not happy with the candidate, had a chance to get Federal funding to run on equal footing with the Democrats and Republicans starting next year, had they only gotten just a little more of the vote than they did. I gave them that support to try and break the two-party stranglehold. Did you? Sadly, precious few cared enough to look past the quad-annual propaganda to see and take the opportunity to make a real change.

You judge me based on a prejudiced misinterpretation of what I post, all the while sitting there and refusing to do anything about the problem. That is the definition of a hypocrite, not an "anti-American."

The op makes a thread claming to love the US yet the constitution can be found no where within his op.

Oh, the Constitution is there... the Constitution is the only authority the United States has to even raise a military! It's in the Preamble, the very first line: "We the people, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, PROVIDE FOR THE COMMON DEFENSE, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution of the United States of America."

It is impossible to even mention the military without consideration of the Constitution. Whether the word "c-o-n-s-t-i-t-i-o-n" is there or not, the implication of it exists. It is called "reading comprehension."

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Have you considered that the "Constitution" is a given?

That his self admitted rant was a statement of personal pride? Of complete indifference to criticism? Not splitting of hairs or some pissing contest between viewpoints or countries?

He has every right to have his view and to rant them.

You've been had.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Never said he didnt have the freedoom to rant and i have the freedom to rant back.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I'm not sure I've seen any ranting, but I like your sense of humour, and habit of bringing the thread back on track when someone kicks it into the weeds.

Should we really spend valuable time arguing with those who don't read too well ?
And if they can't write coherently, or be bothered to proof-read their posts, then I'd say their thinking ain't up to much either.
What do you think ?

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Are you reading mine?

I wasnt comenting on YOUR views I was expaining why so many view seipmer in such a negative light.

Your too defensive.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Second, You failed to show me the Pro's of living in those places you said have "strengths and weaknesses".

Hell, you couldn't even provide for me their strengths !

Im not here to give you a leason on world geograghy or to make up for a a terrible biased US education. And anyway the strenghts and weakness are subject to each person. One persons dream is another nighmare. Fact is your USA is your ideal place and Im sure Norway is the ideal place to alot of Norweagians and so is Canada to alot of Canadians. Fact is not everyone wants to live is the USA and its not the number one place to leave for everyone. Your Agument that the USA is the only decent place to leave in is flawed and so is the comment "If you dont like the USA go live in North Korea" like it really is a choice between only USA or hell. You can infact if you dont like the USA try and move to a country in Europe or the rich parts UK common weath. In both these there as countrys to suite every taste.

All your doing now is trying to defend a flawed stance. As everything I have siad above is TRUE.

Third, you did try to insult those who agree with me by calling them "blind meatheads". Why?

Cause they dont agree with your way of thinking? Come on. Childish.

One is a idoit or meathead if they deny FACTS and continue to deny or alter FACTS. Yeah you can disagree with my opinion. If some says "The USA needs to be in Iraq so we can have the OIL to keep our way of life going" then they are not a idoit. I dont agree with them but they are not idoits. If some says (not just you but others) "the USA was the first to abolish slavery" or "the USA is the only decent country in the world" or "If you dont like the USA go live in North Korea" ect they you sir are a idoit

The United States is a special place. I dont see Haitians traveling to Cuba which is by far closer, risking their very lives to find freedom. They try to get to the United States. Same goes for many in South America.

And millions of Africans and Arabs risk there lives to get into the UK (along with many other western countrys)
So under that criteria the UK is equaly special. Thats my point. Ok the USA may be special but its not the ONLY country is that special catogory.

There's no place like Home. Its special, and I dont think there's anything you can say that will change the facts of this.

What facts? All you have shown is the USA is on the same level domesticaly as other western countrys and that if the USA is Special so is the UK, Germany,France,Swedon, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Holland,Iceland,Canada, New Zealand, Australia, The Bahamas ect. Those are the facts.
edit on 18-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I've only read the first two pages and the last two pages of this thread, some pretty predictable stuff from all sides of the argument. I'll try to catch up on the rest of the thread as and when I can.

So yes, I am a PATRIOT. I have earned the right to be a Patriot.

Why?
Because you are a vet does that allow you special privileges?

The only question is this….

Have you earned the right to criticize me?

Of course I have if I see fit.....I'm a fellow human being, no better and no worse than you or anyone else and I'll criticize who the hell I like if I want to.

You know nothing about me or anyone else who may have opinions that differ from yours, why shouldn't they be allowed to criticize, what's so special about you?

I can't see any reason for this thread other than to deliberately stir up a bitch fest - and it seems to have worked.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
reply to post by semperfortis

You act as if being in the military in the US is some kind of honor, like its a good thing - you don't seem to understand that most thinking people realize that the US military is the most vile organization on earth.

It is an honor and a very good thing. You don't seem to understand that most thinking people realize how challenging it is. I very much doubt you have what it takes to be in the military, judging from your post.

It is at the moment more vile that the Bank of International Settlements, or the International Monetary Fund, these organizations deal in death, terror and subjugation.

Perhaps the only organization that is worse than the US military is the CIA .. and possibly Goldman Sachs.

Negative. That's the most foolish statement I have ever seen on ATS. Great job on displaying ignorance to its finest.

If you were a pedophile, and you proclaimed it on the forums and said how proud you were, what reaction would you expect?

Seriously? are you really comparing that to the US military? you definitely live in your own twisted world in mom an pops basement.

Being a US soldier is the lowest a man can sink imo - and you should be ashamed to have served the interests of the murderous scum who control it. Every single war the US has fought in modern history was based on lies, and served the interests of the international bankers. Those wars of aggression destroyed countless lives, brought untold suffering to millions - the US military has been the instrument of pure evil for the last 100 yrs.

LMFAO. Being a US soldier is a level only a few can achieve, 1% of the nation. We are not ashamed and have only ever served the interest of the United States of America. Wars of aggression have been rampant around the world for thousands of years, vastly more terrible and cruel to even imagine, you clearly have done no research on world history and read of the atrocities and instead just resort to baseless attacks on something you obviously have no understanding of.

A patriot would challenge tyranny, speak truth to power and defend his own property and family from a ruthless fascist state - serving the tyrant is not patriotism.

That's part of being a patriot, twisted into your OPINION of what it is.
Are you challenging tyranny? probably NO.
Do you speak truth to power? judging from all your post, NO.
Have you defended property and family? My guess is you wouldn't know where to start.

How can someone like you become a moderator on ATS? Its beyond belief - you do not have even the beginnings of understanding.

What's beyond belief is somebody like you even question his position based on HIS THREAD and what his personal views an opinions are, should you have the power, you would remove him simply cause of his views, HMMMMMM sounds like Tyrant, sure fits the bill huh?

You need to go and get informed, and the truth will not be easy for you - if you allow reality in, you will suffer - but at least you will begin to be free, to be a true human and begin to understand. Sadly, because your own internal beliefs are so conflated with your ego - I do not think you will be able to even begin this process, as it will require destruction of your entire being.

He is informed, I think its you that needs to be informed, because in reality, you have no truths and revealed none. Come back to reality and chill for a bit, useless ranting will get you nowhere. Being a true human also encompasses internal beliefs, we are all entitled to them as with opinions.
The only destruction here is you trying to destroy the very facet of free thinking human beings, you get a pat on the back for trying.
---
Seriously. The moment I saw this thread I knew people like this would come out the wood work and immediately start with the ignorant rants and as an American, free thinking individual and soldiers in arms, I've come to the aid of my fellow American from all person, foreign and domestic.
I've worked since 16, the food and supply industry for 10 years, met customers an guest who were both awesome and cruel, people of all walks of life, Served, fought wars against an enemy who is far my cunning then the misinformed arm chair posters who call them "Sheep Herders" and "Cave dwellers", ITS ALOT WORSE THEN YOU THINK and your ignorance will get you killed if you ever find yourself downrange....which I believe you never will.
Don't worry though, you guys will get your day, society will fall and America's armies will disperse and then your wish will come true of living on your own off the land. LOL good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

lol, I don't know either, CrazyWok always gets bent on old historical wars we obviously never fought in person and STAR's. Like some sort of.....star wars regulator....lol, nice.
I think the majority of comments really just proved the point on how terrible people can be, one thread and his belief as well as opinions were attacked, talk about tyranny.
This thread has certainly opened eyes and shown the despicable comments show and how far posters would go in their response.
Maybe this was one huge experiment. A lot of data for sure.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
[
I think the majority of comments really just proved the point on how terrible people can be,

Teriible just because someone disagree
I coud call ypou terrible cause you agree but I wont.

Originally posted by Arnie123
talk about tyranny

Actually its called freedom of speech. If we all had to agree thats tyranny.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

You said it Arnie.

He has his opinion, and he has the right to criticize but if hes going to take some "in the box" myopic view that has become so prevalent on ATS, and make it into a freaking Broadway musical production, then I will ignore him.

Its that simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join