It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memoriam.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This is in Memoriam to a couple of wild birds.

The first bird is from when I was about 7-8 years of age or like 27-28 years ago.

Me and my brother were going to school early in the morning as we walked out the door we found in our front yard a bird. The problem was that his left eye was hanging out and down by a long thread. He had probably escaped a cat. He was in so much pain that he came to us and let us hold him and pick him up.

We put him in an ice cream container and left him on the bench as we had to get to school. I remember thinking to myself that I should tell mum who was in another room how much pain he was in again so that she would hurry and take him to the vet but I just left it and didn't say anything. I should have given mum more urgency.

He was in heaps of pain. A wild blackbird that let us handle him. He was defeated. You could see how much pain he was in. All his fear was erased.

Now the second Bird, also a blackbird. With this one I was walking to a friends. I heard and saw this screeching and flapping. It was a bird who had got his leg stuck between two paling's on a fence. I approached him thinking I could just grab him and lift him up gently and set him free. As I reached my hands out near him he panicked even more and went even more wild so I had to back away. About 4-5 seconds more of the bird flapping panicking with its leg stuck it just dropped dead. I immediatly without touching the bird pulled the two paling's apart and the bird dropped down to the ground. If it had lived about 3 more seconds I would of been able to set it free in this manner.

So this post is in memoriam of these two birds. The first who was in so much pain I could touch him, the second so panicked I couldn't get near him.

I just remember how much pain this bird was in and wanted to post a memoriam for that. He was in a lot of pain. Heaps of pain. Birds feel pain. Yep.

So that's it. Think what you will.

edit on 11-8-2013 by leeda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Interesting story,and a moral hidden with in it. It is always easier to comfort and help those in pain,but it is much harder to help those who are frantic and panic driven.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

well if you ever doubted that animals felt pain before to the point you would need to watch one suffer with your own eyes to be sure, you got a problem.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I can sort of relate to this, as I often encounter dead animals on the rural roads I walk. But one memory sticks out in my mind, as a long time ago, my sister, cousin and I were playing in a field near my grandparents' house where we lived.

Someone had hit a bird, sparrow I think, and it's neck was broken. My sister and cousin thought it was hilarious, as sometimes it would flutter up and 'divebomb' them, but when I came across it, I just let it lay and covered it with a leaf to be in peace.

Then there was a King sparrow caught in a wire trap that I tried to let free. It would fly away while I tried coaxing it out the door, until I decided just to put some bird seed in there for it to eat. Sadly, it died after a while.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
A crow was hit by a car on the road in front of our house. I wrapped it up carefully in a towel and try to take care of it, but it was completely missing the top part of its bill. I stuck it in an old rabbit hutch inside our barn.

Then my grandfather found it and beat it to death with a shovel. And yelled at me for ruining a good towel.

The end.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

thankyou for sharing and be loving to other species.

I have saved many species (or attempted to)

I even save flies from drowning when they land in my coffee. Saved a dragon fly from being stuck on the cement due to the rain. etc

this should not be in skunk works...
just my bumble opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RangerMel

OMG !!! what an asshole.

you poor thing...what an awful thing to have to see.

reminds me of a 'step father' I had for 2 years...he was an utter utter bastard.

my cousin and I were out walking (about 9 years old) and we were being nosey kids and found this derelict house and an abandoned chook shed...well it was about 40 degrees (yeah we used to jump over the fences and steal oranges hehehehehhee; there was in the backyard an orange tree = so that is why we went in there) anyway, we found the chooks and only 2 were left alive. All the others were dead. We both took one each and went home...well my chickie was blind but still laid eggs and knew where the water and food was... well the utter utter bastard bastard utter utter utter nasty one said "it was useless and cut its head off in front of me"

top topics

join