It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Terror Threat in Austin Texas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Would this just be them building up forces in Texas as the trial takes place for the Fort Hood shooter? Would be the kind of game they would play. Lie about a reason to build up forces in case some one does do something. They do this all the time. Lie or say some thing Anonymous in order to do what they want. Make your own justification for doing what you want.

I can see them saying we don't have enough security for this trial or the Feds should be paying for security for this trial. We can't afford it. So just create a fake terrorist plot and the Feds will pay for it all.
edit on 10-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Well thank you and I mean that. I had literally never heard of the combined Texas National Guard branches being referred to as the Texas Military. If Rhode Island or Vermont did that, it would be a rightful source of amusement and even a chuckle or two. Texas? Well..They're big enough for it to carry more than one meaning if they ever choose it. Interesting...and learn something every day!

Many states have Military Departments, its what the state's National Guard/Air Guard assets fall under for coordination, etc......just some of what good ol' Google turned up, California, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Washington, Oregon, New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut...

and yes.....Vermont www.mil.state.vt.us...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Texas has something a little different than the national guard. All states that I know of, have a national guard. It's a state run millitary of sorts that the govenor has control over. Though, the commander and chief can also use them in time of need/war.

Just dug into it a bit.

Texas has a State guard which is just like the national guard and part of it as well, just named in it's own division. Texas seems to do this for it's own reasons, maybe from the idea of keeping itself seperate though while being a part of the union.

edit on 10-8-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Only thing i can find relating to this is a Alex Jones facebook post.

www.facebook.com...

I want to know more about Pasadena as im right down the road.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ONIlogic

Ya probably wont find all that much since this was supposed to be very hush hushed. The pic on the OP may shed the only light on this topic, other than what people are seeing in real time. Mostly everything I see is related to the north korea thing, which was debunct to actually being a target for Atlanta GA.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ONIlogic

Here is another link that is loosly related to what you're looking for.

Here

Though... Oddly... The people and gear in this picture isn't american at all. That's some 3rd world uniforms and Deuce and a half from maybe Iraq or something. I'm not familiar with those uniforms.

The advisory claims unspecified terrorists or a terrorist group will duplicate the Boston bombing by using backpack explosives. The target is said to be 6tth Street in Austin, a popular tourist attraction that is crowded on weekends.

Though this really pissed me off. There are A LOT of people on 6th street most nights. I can see why it would be targeted.

And One more...

Yet another source

edit on 10-8-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by theRhenn

If terrorists were going to attack Texas they would attack the southeast corner of the state where the major ports and refineries are. The ports in Houston, Beaumont and Pt. Arthur is where the majority og military equipment is shipped in and out of Texas for Fort Hood in TX and Fort Polk in LA, and the majority of oil and chemical refineries as well as major pipelines are in the SE part of Texas too. Attacking Austin does nothing but wipe out the largest group of organized liberals in Texas.....hmmmmmm, false flag by Rick Perry maybe?

edit on 8/10/13 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

Can I get a copy of that "where terrorists are going to attack" handbook you have?

Just kidding.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Since when did Texas have a Military command that was independent and State specific to the level of writing letter head and referencing that way in public? I've never heard of such a thing as they talk about here.

"Texas Military Forces" "J-3 Protection Branch"? Huh??? Has someone been watching too many movies in writing that document or has Gov. Perry gone a little funny and actually made his own State standing army? It's just weird... National Guard, yes? That reference? say huh...??

Oregon has a state sanctioned militia too. The Oregon Defence Force. It's not that uncommon.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Maybe the reason it was not for public release because it was a prop for the upcoming drill? Just trying to think of the easiest explanation.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Gov Perry would Never play along with Obama and the Feds, they are total opposites. Perry is pro states' rights. He may be a total yahoo but overall he is Texas Proud. If they over rode him and sent DHS to more or less take over the so called threat I would have to say that Perry better not be in a public venue this weekend or Obama may give the go ahead.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Rumors of Hipster Flash Mob got out of hand. Gosh, there are so many white vans in Austin that could be suspect for anything!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The photo seems to be a stock photo of Yemeni Guards securing an embassy in Yemen, possibly the British. It has been used in a multitude of reports and stories according to Google image search.

I couldn't get the link to work.

edit on 10-8-2013 by NightFlight because: Link wouldn't work.

edit on 10-8-2013 by NightFlight because: More info.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yea, this was blowing up on my youtube subscription all day yesterday and today from Alex Jones. They also said Pasadena, California was also as threat too.

At least the news is getting interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

reply to post by JacKatMtn

Well thank you and I mean that. I had literally never heard of the combined Texas National Guard branches being referred to as the Texas Military. If Rhode Island or Vermont did that, it would be a rightful source of amusement and even a chuckle or two. Texas? Well..They're big enough for it to carry more than one meaning if they ever choose it. Interesting...and learn something every day!

funny you should mention Rhode Island or Vermont, they to have a State Defense Force. actually there are 23 states that do and they are even run almost the same way as Texas. hell 7 of them have navies.

these are the new militias. but these are for the states, and answer only to the governors.

here is a good wiki,
State Defense Force

the only draw back they have very few personal. texas is the largest and has less than two thousand SDF personal. last time i checked.
edit on 10-8-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

pasadena, home to cal tech... and the jet propulsion lab. that would suck. pasadena is right up the street from me. any more info would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You know what I find strange? With all of the terrorist groups that are supposedly running around this world, and considering that the US government claims so many of them wish to harm the US in any way they can, why is it that the biggest threat to us comes from our own government? Not only 9/11, but the Boston bombings, the incident at the school, etc, all have evidence to suggest government involvement. If you don't believe that there is at least a possibility, you are the one that is delusional...Not directed at you OP, lol. There are many unanswered questions regarding all of these incidents, and there is evidence suggesting government involvement, like I said.

So I see this thread and I cannot help but wonder if the government is planning another false flag for some reason. It sure would get many people to take their attention away from the real problems we face. I think that too many people are afraid to ask or either don't want to know the answer to the question of whether there is government involvement in these attacks. If they knew the truth, they couldn't handle it apparently, so they would just rather believe a lie.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

Originally posted by littled16
...If terrorists were going to attack Texas they would attack the southeast corner of the state where the major ports and refineries are.
...Attacking Austin does nothing...

That is...unless they are good terrorists...intent on wiping out the IRS facilities in Austin...
Good Terrorists - who would have thunk it?

I think that Austin is chosen because it is the state capitol. Also our legislature is in session now for the third special session. They only meet every two years so after the regular session there are generally several special sessions. The state capitol would be an emotional target. The above poster is correct about doing the most damage. The Houston area would be the place to do that. We have something like 70% of the nation's refining capacity, one of the top 5 ports by volume and the map of pipelines under Houston looks like a giant pile of pickup sticks. If they want major damage Houston would be the spot and I believe we are in the top ten targets. Austin would be like OKC as a target - more of the "anywhere we want, anytime we want" type of target.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Yeah and one way you can tell that there are no real terrorists is by the targets they choose... It's always something flashy that the media can really sink their teeth into and it leads to a manhunt where the terrorist is always caught.

If it was real terrorism, they could cause a lot more terror a lot easier without putting themselves in the spotlight. The news even spells it all out for any potential terrorists when they used to talk about certain unprotected infrastructure targets, like the Alaska pipeline. One single bullet could apparently cause mayhem. Nobody's ever done that yet! But supposedly the terrorists are everywhere... Riiiight. If I wanted to, I could cause wreak havoc all by myself. These attacks all reek of black ops. And before you ask, no you may not look at my black ops handbook. It cost me a lot of money... Down at GameStop. It's pretty informative. You can get one yourself if you want. I guess I can give you the title because I think that was declassified recently. It's called Call of Duty: Black Ops Unofficial Guidebook. It's unofficial I guess due to reasons of plausible deniability, but I feel its the real deal.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Rumors of Hipster Flash Mob got out of hand. Gosh, there are so many white vans in Austin that could be suspect for anything!

Not only that, but on 6th street, since it's majority college kids... Just about half the people walk around with backpacks. Hell, even adults run around this whole city with backpacks. I'm in my early 40s and I do the same. I think everyone at my work does the same. lol Man.... Imagine all of the potentuals out there.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

The concept isn't new or different, no. Every state has National Guard which is, literally, a state Military. What had gotten my attention here was seeing it worded that way. Texas is the source of odd things at times, like Republic of Texas type breakaway / private secession movements and such. So 'Texas Military' almost sounds like an entirely autonomous force and structure.

The several replies have been helpful though. Amazing the little things we sometimes miss, eh? It is true about learning something every day though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join