It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Wars: Corporations Begin To Lay Claim To the World's H20

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by liveandlearn

No way is this going to happen.

You think the people will just sit by while some Corporation stakes claim to our Water?

No way...

Check it out, it has happened in many communities to their dismay.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

This has got to stop. If efforts are made in this direction we have to stand up. Corporations can not control natural resourses. Next they will have a tax for the rain the falls on our property

How long until they tax the air?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Let me know if the following proposal is too extreme:

This is my proposal as a step towards responsible fresh water use for which I made a thread for in Fragile Earth.

No private company may utilize any fresh water resource for the purpose of individually packaging and selling for profit serving sizes of water. This would exclude any company which offers refill services for water coolers that utilize large jugs, such that must use a third party container by the consumer to dispense the water into.

Instead, any company which wishes to bottle, package, market, distribute and sell water in individual servings for profit may only be permitted to utilize water sourced from desalination water treatment plants which pump salt water into a filtration system to produce drinkable fresh water.

Stop by in Fragile Earth if you want to help me tweak out the exact wording and discuss any additions or restrictions.

Also, shame on Nestle for openly admitting they think their profit motivated business model is in any way being a responsible manager of local and regional water resources.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
reply to post by DeepVisions

I will check it out but obviously others have not heard of this.

Like me.....and it's a few days past.

We usually buy Nestle water but not any more, not that it matters.
Due to the fact we live in a 5th wheel travel trailer and the water hoses may not be bacteria free, we use bottled water to drink/cook with.

Plus we work outdoors for long hours in the heat [95 degrees and up] and we always keep our cooler full of cold water.

Thanks for the info.

Will keep tabs on this

S&F

edit on 12-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Like me.....and it's a few days past.

We usually buy Nestle water but not any more, not that it matters.
Due to the fact we live in a 5th wheel travel trailer and the water hoses may not be bacteria free, we use bottled water to drink/cook with.

Thanks for the info.

Will keep tabs on this

S&F

Now don't forget that you can actually save a lot more money by simply using the water refill machines at your local supermarket. It will reduce the bottles you have to toss in the trash, which is likely if your trailer is parked in a trailer community that is typically serviced by a private waste hauler and not in an actual neighborhood serviced by municipal sanitation department that increasingly offers curbside pickup.

I did not make any assumptions here, so please forgive me if you think otherwise. But if a water hose is in fact the reason you purchase bottled water, it would very likely serve your family better to simply utilize the refill machines in supermarkets to fill a BPA free jug thus reducing your consumable water bill, the volume of waste you produce, and redirecting your hard earned dollars away from a greedy unsympathetic multinational and into a local business. many of those refill machines are locally franchised and managed.

In fact, many Asian countries actually have dozens of the machines lined up in the front of supermarkets for their clients. Makes sense and is more sustainable.

What many people fail to realize is the tap water in their home IS spring water. We have to remember that most claimed "spring water" is the same tap water that flows into our homes. Clever marketing offsets the fact that water only has to be sourced from a spring. As many cities actually take their water directly from a nearby river, and many rivers begin at a spring, the water can still be marketed as spring water because that is where it originated from. Same Tap water, just ran through their own filters. Anyone can do the same at home.

That pretty mountain surrounded by a lush green forest on the bottle is misdirection. Basically satisfies people enough to fork over their dollars.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is to Nestle if you're looking at it!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is just another method of controlling the masses. Water is the most important resource we need to survive, or not.

It's outrageous that water can be claimed. It's illegal in most states to collect rainwater. People are being fined and jailed for doing so.

What if they sneak in some rules you cannot keep water.
How do they plan to do the monitoring of water usage?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join