It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Wars: Corporations Begin To Lay Claim To the World's H20

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It's bad enough that Nestlé former CEO—now Chairman of the Board—Peter Brabeck-Letmathe supports GMO farming, saying that genetically modified (GM) foods are "perfectly safe" and don't cause any health problems, while also saying that organic farming is "not the best.

But now he's dipped his toes into the water supply, indicating that the world's water supply should—and will soon—come under the control of corporations such as Nestlé. He believes that water should be managed by businesses and governing personnel. In short, Brabeck-Letmathe wants water to be controlled, privatized and delegated, monitoring and controlling people's water use—including amounts and how and where it's used.

And let's be honest . . . since Brabeck unwaveringly supports GM farming, you can bet that GM foods would have first priority of water rights, while organic farming would be forced out.

Perhaps Cheryl King Fisher, executive director of the Vermont-based New England Grassroots Environmental Fund, sums it up best: "The tension between public ownership and privatization of our water resources is enormous. Water is the gold of the current century." And it's "gold" that corporations such as Nestlé would like to take and keep, so beware.

Green Med Info

This beats GMO imo. He who controlsl the worlds water controls the world. So Monsanto wants to control our food and the profits and Nestle was to control the water supply...for a hefty price no doubt.

This has got to stop. If efforts are made in this direction we have to stand up. Corporations can not control natural resourses. Next they will have a tax for the rain the falls on our property

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

It's bad enough that Nestlé former CEO—now Chairman of the Board—Peter Brabeck-Letmathe supports GMO farming, saying that genetically modified (GM) foods are "perfectly safe" and don't cause any health problems, while also saying that organic farming is "not the best.

But now he's dipped his toes into the water supply, indicating that the world's water supply should—and will soon—come under the control of corporations such as Nestlé. He believes that water should be managed by businesses and governing personnel. In short, Brabeck-Letmathe wants water to be controlled, privatized and delegated, monitoring and controlling people's water use—including amounts and how and where it's used.

And let's be honest . . . since Brabeck unwaveringly supports GM farming, you can bet that GM foods would have first priority of water rights, while organic farming would be forced out.

Perhaps Cheryl King Fisher, executive director of the Vermont-based New England Grassroots Environmental Fund, sums it up best: "The tension between public ownership and privatization of our water resources is enormous. Water is the gold of the current century." And it's "gold" that corporations such as Nestlé would like to take and keep, so beware.

Green Med Info

This beats GMO imo. He who controlsl the worlds water controls the world. So Monsanto wants to control our food and the profits and Nestle was to control the water supply...for a hefty price no doubt.

This has got to stop. If efforts are made in this direction we have to stand up. Corporations can not control natural resourses. Next they will have a tax for the rain the falls on our property

S%F
however there's no need to make a fuss

as far as I'm concerned Brabeck-Letmathe and others of his ilk,are just painting targets upon their foreheads

"A bullet in the right place, can change the World"
-King Mob

but feel free to ignore me, as I Am quite "Insane".

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There was a Conspiracy Theory episode on this subject a couple of years ago. T. Boone Pickens has been laying claim to underground lakes for a while now, specifically the ogallala aquifer. He's even tapping farmers' wells in the process, causing farms to dry up.

Water is the new oil.

There Will Be Water

edit on 9-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Already been posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-8-2013 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

I will check it out but obviously others have not heard of this.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
"Jane, get me off this crazy thing!!!"

... called Earth

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

I generally like T Boone Pickens but this is distrubing. Just another power monger looking to make a profit on a natural resources that should belong to the people of the area.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Been thinking about Corporations controlling the water supply. Since they are about money it certainly could become a commodity traded on on the exchanges and going the highest bidder. This would make us/the world subject to market manipulation like oil to get the highest price.

Currently oil tankers (some owned by banks) wait outside many countries waiting for the price of oil to go up before they deliver. What is to keep this from happening to water? They color it with helping nations in need but it is the profit that matters to corporations, nothing else.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

My guess is, since water is a necessity, and oil is not, things will turn violent real quick.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
T. Boone Pickens isn't the only one interested in water. George Soros is heavy into blue gold so be warned, big money is laying claim and has laid claim over the past few years. As for taxing rainwater that falls upon your property, they already do, it was already posted here on ATS. Now with them trying for carbon credits, they are wanting to tax the air you breath.
edit on 8/10/2013 by pstrron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well, people enable this type of BS because they still purchase bottled water. The solution would be simple. Stop buying bottled water and then these punks have no industry.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

Translated:
But now he's made a big stink with the water supply, indicating that our, the world's water supply should—and will soon with intense bribing—be all theirs to hoard for profit by the Nestle corporation.
He believes that water should be profitable by businesses by bribing or lobbying governing personnel. In short, Brabeck-Letmathe wants water to be their own cash cow, monitoring and making people's water use too expensive to use very much—including amounts and how thrifty it's used according to ability to afford it.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
Well, people enable this type of BS because they still purchase bottled water. The solution would be simple. Stop buying bottled water and then these punks have no industry.

I don't buy bottled water as like you, I saw the writing on the wall.

I always thought it really dumb that people buy water in a small bottle at ridiculous prices.
While the fat fingered fat cats laugh all the way to the bank.

Buy a filter you idoits!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Once upon a time there was this thing which was referred to as "The Commons".

The commons is an old time term used to describe a place which everyone NEEDED to use, not like the commons in your high school or university, but a place people NEEDED in order to survive.

The commons was the earth, the sea, the air, and all of the things people needed to use it for to attain those things they need to eat and drink and breathe, to live.

Corporations and the like ("the scoundrels") should not be allowed to buy up what already belonged to everyone and should remain available to everyone, and was here long before any of us ever existed, the commons was here long before the fake corporate persons that rape everything as a matter of course existed.

Someday many will wake up with all the money they could ever spend and it will be good for nothing but wiping their asses, because the commons is no more.

Go ahead and enjoy living it up while you can, but it isn't a very big stretch to think that if some people think everything in the entire world is theirs to sell to you, you exist by their blessing and really, you belong to them.

Same Old Song And Dance. (SOSAD) copyright 2013 rjs4594

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

And watch them put the "Green" twist on it too, since we will be forced to use water more conservatively by ridiculous prices for something that isn't theirs to sell.

I'm not against going out and making a few bucks, but this stuff is getting ridiculous, and the end result of these types of maneuverings are easy to see.

All corporate charters in the U.S. need to be revoked so this country can go back to what it once was, when it was the envy of the world.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is what caused even Glenn Beck to back off T Boone Pickens. He'd been a near one man booster and fan club over the massive wind farm planning....until Glen realized the land purchasing and other patterns of the wind farms had far more to do with water beneath than air above.

The way of the future I guess. Lay claim and ownership to what has no individual ownership possible...and then fight and kill to maintain it. It seems to be man's doomed pattern on almost everything of importance.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Originally posted by eXia7

I don't buy bottled water as like you, I saw the writing on the wall.

I always thought it really dumb that people buy water in a small bottle at ridiculous prices.
While the fat fingered fat cats laugh all the way to the bank.

Buy a filter you idoits!

This isn't about bottled water. This is about controlling the world's water supply...the water that goes to your home, farms, water for livestock etc. Glad you have a filter, then you can filter the water corporations own and control from your community water but at a higher price.

Below is an excerpt about a Cali town that fought to get their water out of the hands of a foreign owned corp.
I have read of many more. As it turns out they have been making inroads into communities for some time now and none seem to like it.

In 2001, American Water purchased Felton's water system, which has been privately owned since the late 1800s, as part of its larger acquisition of Citizen's Utilities. Shortly after that, Essen-based RWE gobbled up American Water.
The trouble started in November 2002 when California American Water ignited furor in the Felton community, nestled amongst coastal redwood trees, with a 74 percent rate hike. In response, the Friends of Locally Owned Water was born and flew into action. FLOW fought to reduce the amount of the rate hike, urged Santa Cruz County to create a public agency to control the water system and opposed the company's plan to merge the Felton and Monterey water districts.

link

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Corporations or more accurately the little Nero like characters then run them (harping while the world burn's and they plan there new Rome somewhere else) are willing to tear the world apart for there own short term profit but do not be fooled into thinking this is all they are, those in charge are a group of international criminals whom are so far beyond current jurisdiction as they own the system since they have bought it, I never sold it did you?, the fact is they see us as nothing but animals to be mined like slaves for there purpose and we can not reject there claim's even if we know what is coming for so deep into political pockets have they entrenched themselves.
Water, necessary for life - in England one of the wettest places in the world being an island which receives constant moist air from the gulf stream and the Atlantic conveyor we have water meters so that private companys can harvest our hard work by extortionately charging were before we had a flat rate and the government actually made a hefty profit out of the old and for us cheaper system so much so that they employed more people maintaining the water systems than all the private company's combined.
Air, Well you exhale carbon point's don't you and the government will on behalf of the carbon barons whom are the current oil barons position to tax you for your breath (don't believe me just wait).

America has been the victim of a financial coup by corporate interests and all your senators are tied in one way or another to the corporations.
The same in England, France (though they kick up more of a argument), Germany and the rest of the so called developed world.

Who profit's?.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have seen the problem and the solution in one movie: "Tank Girl". It fits the situation exactly, and has a happy, though partly gruesome, ending! :-)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Let's not forget about those rumours from a couple of years ago about Bush buying all that land (which included a huge aquaduct) In Paraguay.

Argentinean Adolfo Perez Esquivel warned that the real war will be fought not for oil, but for water, and recalled that Acuifero Guaraní is one of the largest underground water reserves in South America, running beneath Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay (larger than Texas and California together). "The southern U.S. states are already struggling with water shortages," asserted the 1980 Nobel Peace Prizewinner.

www.counterpunch.org...

This "shortage" is by design. Follow the money....

The commodification of all resources is necessary for total control.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join