It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Wars: Corporations Begin To Lay Claim To the World's H20

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
Been thinking about Corporations controlling the water supply. Since they are about money it certainly could become a commodity traded on on the exchanges and going the highest bidder. This would make us/the world subject to market manipulation like oil to get the highest price.

Currently oil tankers (some owned by banks) wait outside many countries waiting for the price of oil to go up before they deliver. What is to keep this from happening to water? They color it with helping nations in need but it is the profit that matters to corporations, nothing else.

The real question is, what would happen to the people that set up solar stills in windows and backyards? Oil needs to be pulled out of the ground, water can be distilled from the air. It also quite literally falls from the sky.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well, given even the CIA have hinted at wars in the Asian region by 2025 over this very resource - water - it's hardly surprising big business is getting in on the ground level to exploit it as much as they can while they can.

Water Wars
Global Trends

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by liveandlearn

Corporations or more accurately the little Nero like characters then run them (harping while the world burn's and they plan there new Rome somewhere else) are willing to tear the world apart for there own short term profit but do not be fooled into thinking this is all they are, those in charge are a group of international criminals whom are so far beyond current jurisdiction as they own the system since they have bought it, I never sold it did you?, the fact is they see us as nothing but animals to be mined like slaves for there purpose and we can not reject there claim's even if we know what is coming for so deep into political pockets have they entrenched themselves.
Water, necessary for life - in England one of the wettest places in the world being an island which receives constant moist air from the gulf stream and the Atlantic conveyor we have water meters so that private companys can harvest our hard work by extortionately charging were before we had a flat rate and the government actually made a hefty profit out of the old and for us cheaper system so much so that they employed more people maintaining the water systems than all the private company's combined.
Air, Well you exhale carbon point's don't you and the government will on behalf of the carbon barons whom are the current oil barons position to tax you for your breath (don't believe me just wait).

America has been the victim of a financial coup by corporate interests and all your senators are tied in one way or another to the corporations.
The same in England, France (though they kick up more of a argument), Germany and the rest of the so called developed world.

Who profits?.

The "Rulers of the World" profit -- that cabal that doesn't exist.
This should be seen as proof of how evil these people are. We can exist without oil, but there is no life without WATER. Of course, the poor will be the first to die. I'm sure that's part of their plan.

Interesting how Fukushima will affect all of this.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan

The real question is, what would happen to the people that set up solar stills in windows and backyards? Oil needs to be pulled out of the ground, water can be distilled from the air. It also quite literally falls from the sky.

They have already found a way to tax rain water:

Maryland Rain Tax

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Some claim the war in Libya had to do with water than anything else.

. According to the United Nations Development Program 2007, global consumption of water is doubling every 20 years, more than twice the rate of human population growth. Simultaneously, every single year most of the major deserts around the world are becoming bigger and the amount of usable agricultural land in most areas is becoming smaller, while rivers, lakes and major underground aquifers around the globe are drying up – except in Gaddafi’s Libya.

In the light of the current world developments, there is more to the NATO destruction of the Great Man-Made River Project than being an isolated war crime. The United Nations Environment Program 2007 describes a so-called “water for profit scheme”, which actively promotes the privatization and monopolization for the world’s water supplies by multinational corporations. Meanwhile the World Bank recently adopted a policy of water privatization and full-cost water pricing, with one of its former directors, Ismail Serageldin, stating:

The wars of the 21st century will be fought over water

edit on 11-8-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
in the UK water is controlled and distributed by private companies since the sell off of public utillitiy in the early 90s to the private sector. they are heavily legislated.

Theres this strange belief that theres a near infinite amount of water. doesnt matter what we wash down the drain or dump into the seas and oceans.

in recent times there have been over 1000 major polluting and contaminating cases in the last 3 years.
(observer newspaper - Sunday 4th August). Unfortunately they have just resulted in fines which compared to profit is forgive the pun a drop in the ocean. "its cheaper to pay the fine than do the right thing".

Last year during summer we had droughts throughout the country and aquafers were regarded as being extremely low.

Attended a presentation with Ian R Crane called Fracktured future wasnt aware until the time regarding how much fresh water is required for each frack. between 4- 15million gallons of fresh water.

Was reading just a couple of weeks ago how Congress was ready to pass a bill regarding if a government or company creates legislation, policy or passes laws preventing a corperation from making expected profit can be filled suit against.

Stitching and weaving the threads of connected parties and corperations. profits before people comes heavy into play. The companies fracking are backed and shared by directors and board members. passing these legislative actions. ie laws are being drawn up in their favour. So if a gov decides sh*t how are we going to quench the thirst of those needing water... doesnt matter if they legislate. Corp profit comes first.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by Aazadan

They have already found a way to tax rain water:

Maryland Rain Tax

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, that's perfect. Their tax is aimed at eliminating runoff, if everyone is collecting the water to avoid paying a corporation, there is no runoff. There's currently no laws on the books about producing something a corporation is producing for profit, the very idea behind competition requires that no such law is passed. As such, people can compete against a corporation on an individual level to produce the water they need.

Unless you're someone who doesn't have a yard, as is very common in cities. Then you're in trouble.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Not only if he gets his way to own the water , who knows what chemicals he'd like to add to it seeing as he supports GMO crops, I bet he'd LOVE to add stupid amounts of fluoride to it, or maybe GM the water so its chocolate flavour?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

No way is this going to happen.

You think the people will just sit by while some Corporation stakes claim to our Water?

No way...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

Consider the term "Watershed Authority" and consider "Rain-tax"...?...

Well now, I suppose the watershed authority is already supported by the collection of taxes to support their whatever it is / they are, and then a rain-tax too?.

Why are people so damned ignorant?, is there really so much to distract and keep one busy that people can't see how badly they are getting scammed?.

I believe I read about how income tax was implemented to make up for lost alcohol tax revenue during prohibition, but then when prohibition was repealed they kept taking income tax, and got to tax alcohol again too.

Yup, I think American's have been pretty ignorant / stoooooopid for a long, long time.

Ya know, if enough people refuse to follow the law it is not enforceable?, but that would be too much like agreement by a bunch of what amounts to obstinate little juveniles being contrarian little childish, self centered little assholes, never gonna work here in the "Land of the Free, and Home of the Brave". Even those big bad corporations fit into the picture out on the damned middle-school playground, they're the chubby bullies who got bum raped by their uncle and refuse to admit they enjoyed it.

What a joke this country is, the American experiment is such an utter failure.

Nullify, or be nullified, pick one.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
In urban areas you already pay for water supply - pipe water, bottled water, excluding rain water (a very low-yield source in most urban and developing areas which is mostly unused). Thus isn't practically all water in urban areas effectively owned?

In this thread's scenario, I think that the expected differences (from the statos quo) would be:
  • A water monopoly managed by the power-mongering corporations;
  • Access to water sources forbidden (effectively owning the water sources);
  • The usual environmental destruction - drying up of water sources due to regulations bypass, plus all collateral damage.

Fortunately the first point isn't true (yet). The second one can be achieved with aggressive expansions, good governmental contacts and large water abstraction licenses (Source on water abstraction licenses: www.environment-agency.gov.uk...). The third point is already slowly happening.

Thus I think that avoiding the creation of water monopolies is important in hampering or making it unable for large corporation to essentially dominate significant water supplies.

edit on 11-8-2013 by metallum because: Wording retouches (a few seconds after post)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

isn't practically all water in urban areas effectively owned?

Owned by utilities, not by corporations trying to maximize income.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have a well on my property that's against the law to have. It's in a basement of a barn and it's been there for over 100 years. I use it to water my lawn and my ponds and fountains. Couldn't fill one of them from the city for the price of the pump. Last year the pump ran 24-7 for 6 weeks

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
First GMO'S

Now it's gonna be EHO "Enhanced H2O" or something like that.
I wonder what chemicals and other products they will be soon adding to our water supply...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Oh ya you never know what you had till its gone. Corporations like every other system and entity is but just another reformation of the old social hierarchy's, or the creation of new ones. Soon and given time you may even have to pay to breath the air around you. If they could find a way to tax it, believe you me they would. And given the easiness of social engineering and conditioning over generations yes it can be done. Not hard really.

About as hard as making drinking from store bought water bottles popular and charging people a premium for the water that was bottled in the same plant and place that there tap water comes from.
Its easy to influence people and especially over generations to come to accept anything. It has been the driving force for the past decades and all of history to one degree or another has been about mass human conditioning to one end or another, usually that end is $$$ profit. This world and our societies are a very illusory existence, but they are all quite predictable.

You can always trust a corporation or a group of rich people or for that matter any group of people to always look out for its or there own interests. The rest is merely how you sell a product, and not only can products like coke or pepsi be sold, but ideas, ideologies, believes, whole structures of group dynamics such as governments and everything else under the sun is in many ways just a sales pitch. With a hook off course.

But ya it is not stretch of the imagination to see that water can be big business, and is big bussiness. We even have wars around the globe but especially around places were drinkable water is scarce just about that sort of thing even if albeit there is more going on then meets the eye, ie you can killing more then one bird with one stone. But ultimately controlling necessities and turning them into commodities is the name of the game of any would be power or social structure, corporations included, some like Monsanto already do have there own private army. Given enough time he who controls the necessities controls people and thereby extent the world. One day nations and such may be a thing of the past, I mean more so then they are now.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

That is what I was thinking.

They can claim it, but lets see them keep it. Not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I heard on the news in the UK that the governments wants all homes to be fitted with water meters. At the present time its cheaper for single people living on their own but for families its expensive. If you add another layer on top I suspect we will not only be heat starved in winter but also water starved.

Already the papers are doing their usual Energy Co's bills increasing 10% this winter propaganda so that a little more juice can be squeezed out of the public purse. I suspect if you push people too far sooner, rather than later, they will be out on the streets because these two governments seem to be oblivious of the people that pay their wages and elect them and only govern for the big businesses that most of them sit on the boards of. We need radical change and the sooner it happens the better.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure if Cochabamba could do it there would be no stopping us true Americans.

The Cochabamba protests of 2000, also known as the Cochabamba Water War or the Water War in Bolivia,[1] were a series of protests that took place in Cochabamba, Bolivia's third largest city, between December 1999 and April 2000 in response to the privatization of the city's municipal water supply company Semapa. The wave of demonstrations and police violence was described as a public uprising against water prices.[2]
The tensions erupted when a new firm, Aguas del Tunari – a joint venture involving Bechtel and Suez Lyonaise – was required to invest in construction of long-envisioned dam (a priority of Mayor Manfred Reyes Villa) - so they had dramatically raised water rates. Protests, largely organized through the Coordinadora in Defense of Water and Life, a community coalition, erupted in January, February, and April 2000, culminating in tens of thousands marching downtown and battling police. One civilian, Victor Hugo Daza was killed. On April 10, 2000, the national government reached an agreement with the Coordinadora to reverse the privatization. A complaint filed by foreign investors was resolved by agreement in January 2006.

~WikiPedia

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Let me guess just in case no-one else said it malcom McDowell is the leader of this corporation , that wasn't a news report that was a movie called tank girl.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Corporations can not control natural resourses. Next they will have a tax for the rain the falls on our property

Yup they already are taxing the rain
And the People of Maryland Don't Like it

So in some areas they already do have a tax for the rain falling down, I say lets not kid ourselves this tax will probably be coming to a state near you and me soon enough

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join