It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Danish Daily Warns: “Globe May Be On Path To Little Ice Age

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hi Marg, sorry I post that info before I read your reply.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Thank you here is another

Submerged Volcanoes Cast Doubt on Antarctic Glaciation Theory

www.sci-news.com...

www.canada.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gort51

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
New Ice Age? Ah, so that's why there's been record heat in Alaska, Greenland, Europe, the Med, China, Taiwan. Australia etc in the past few weeks

No record heat in Australia. We are in Winter at the moment and it has been FREEZING, with some snow in areas, for the first time in years. That is the Southern States anyway.

I was referring to the warmest July on record in parts of the SE:

www.theguardian.com...

And WA could see it's warmest August:

www.watoday.com.au...

Really just to show that record heat hasn't been restricted to the N Hemisphere

However

This is still just weather and does not PROVE warming/lack of cooling. But added to other record warmth (with a lack of record cold) does IMO support the conjecture that there is no sign we are entering a new 'mini ice age' as some suggest.

(and worth noting also that the last 'mini ice age' which started c1300 was began with an increase in N Hemisphere ice cover - this does not look like happening any time soon)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
IIRC there was some news Argentina was having a nasty winter?
S&F
edit on 13-8-2013 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

There was a brief, unusual, cold spell in S America last month which saw snow in places that don't usually see it, but overall I'm not aware of it being remarkably cold over the winter as a whole:

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
so sir i can say that sun is the most important factor that trigger chain reaction...we already see that more and more cathastropic event right now..i am not intend to be scare people but wee see from our own eyes..but once again all we can do is pray to God hope we can survive with our whole family and the one you loved..God bless you all..

I couldn't agree more, my friend. After all, we are, (in galactic terms), extremely close to a huge fusion reaction that can easily keep us comfortable, roast us, or allow us to freeze to death. It's been an unusually cool summer in Indiana. Though I'm not ready yet to invest in snowshoes.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

(CNSNews.com) – The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration recently released its “State of the Climate in 2012” report, which states that “worldwide, 2012 was among the 10 warmest years on record.”

But the report “fails to mention [2012] was one of the coolest of the decade, and thus confirms the cooling trend,” according to an analysis by climate blogger Pierre Gosselin.

“To no one’s surprise, the report gives the reader the impression that warming is galloping ahead out of control,” writes Gosselin. “But their data shows just the opposite.”

Although the NOAA report noted that in 2012, “the Arctic continues to warm” with “sea ice reaching record lows,” it also stated that the Antarctica sea ice “reached a record high of 7.51 million square miles” on Sept. 26, 2012.

And the latest figures for this year show that there’s been a slowdown of melting in the Arctic this summer as well, with temperatures at the North Pole well below normal for this time of year. Meteorologist Joe Bastardi calls it “the coldest ever recorded.”
- See more at: www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No problem, you know is interesting how the profiteers of global warming do not want to go into historical facts (unless their own) to push the agenda, it only takes a littler research in history to clear out a lot of misconceptions.

Sadly we humans tend to see life, base on our own life span but earth is been here longer than any life in the plane t
millions of years is just nothing when it comes to the age of earth and the universe.

Global warming agendas is targeting humans understanding of the environment that affect them in daily bases because our human life span is soo short.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I've been saying for years that the sun has more to do with climate change than humans.
Finally the greenies at the UN are admitting the fact that they might be wrong in their assertions that man has everything to do with our weather patterns.
Guess they looked at the 750,000 year old ice cores from China.
Who'd have thought the all powerful IPPC was incorrect.
Sorry AGW's, you were wrong all along.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No-one (who knows what they are talking about) disputes that the Sun, volcanoes, meteor impacts, the whim of God and many other things affect the climate.

But some of us say that various human activities also affect climate. And this can have an effect over and above all the other factors.

And some deny this.

Some believe in AGW. Some deny it.

And then there are those who ignore what is happening and instead promote - as they have done since at least the 1970s - an imminent 'ice age'. IMO there is no evidence for this, But then, I don't believe in Adam and Eve either. So who am I to say?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sadly we humans tend to see life, base on our own life span

and they are going to tax us accordingly
and it wont change a thing

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

But some of us say that various human activities also affect climate.

I am not going to argue with you, no doubt we are making an impact for the worse on earth.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Why HAS global warming slowed? Scientists admit they don't know why - but are '95% sure' humans are to blame for climate change

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Scientists are struggling to explain why global warming seems to have slowed down in the last decade in a leaked draft of the UN's next big report on climate change.

The intergovernmental study claims scientists are 95 per cent sure that humans are to blame for climate change, but presently they have not come up with a unified reason for why global surface temperatures have not risen as predicted in the past 15 years.

How can you blame one reason and not understand the other?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Shocker: Global warming may simply be an artifact of clean air laws

wattsupwiththat.com...-91909

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Global warming? No, actually we're cooling, claim scientists
A cold Arctic summer has led to a record increase in the ice cap, leading experts to predict a period of global cooling.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

There has been a 60 per cent increase in the amount of ocean covered with ice compared to this time last year, they equivalent of almost a million square miles.

In a rebound from 2012's record low an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia's northern shores, days before the annual re-freeze is even set to begin.

The Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific has remained blocked by pack-ice all year, forcing some ships to change their routes.

A leaked report to the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) seen by the Mail on Sunday, has led some scientists to claim that the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century.

If correct, it would contradict computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming. The news comes several years after the BBC predicted that the arctic would be ice-free by 2013.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

Actually, it's done no such thing (how can anything that is declining be growing anyway? If you have 100 sweets and I steal 80 one day but the next day you have another 100 and I only steal 70 do you think you now have more sweets? If so, I have a number of very lucrative business deals I'd love you to invest in!).

My friend John has just covered this media rubbish on SS:

www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Well I don't know, choose your poison.
www.forbes.com...
edit on 123030p://bTuesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I placed this video in Xuenchens thread as well.
I think it's informative and certainly not what you hear everyday.
It's about the very recent CO2/Temperature deviation.
Many scientists have all their eggs in the CO2 makes us hotter
basket. However I'm finding my non scientific self more in the
Sunspot count = Temperature camp.
Bubbling cauldron hot
Sun as an much less active ember cool.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

TY will check that out.

OOPS wont load

edit on 123030p://bThursday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 123030p://bThursday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join