It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Danish Daily Warns: “Globe May Be On Path To Little Ice Age

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Will the charged particles damage the magnetic field and let in more EM? Or will this effect be insignifiant compared to the natural cycles of warm/cold ages? I'd really like to know the answer too...

The magnetosphere has no effect on electromagnetic radiation.
It only has an effect on charged particles.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by swanne

Will the charged particles damage the magnetic field and let in more EM? Or will this effect be insignifiant compared to the natural cycles of warm/cold ages? I'd really like to know the answer too...

The magnetosphere has no effect on electromagnetic radiation.
It only has an effect on charged particles.
when i was reading up on the affects of mobile phones on the planet it was quite scary when it was put in a chart what all this energy is doing to the magnetosphere

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by geobro

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
it seemed well done just searching for it but god knows where it gas gone it was on a link to nathan stubblefield and his earth batterys

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
double post sorry
edit on 10/8/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I too have been experience the phenomenon of "global cooling". Some people say it gets warmer, but it gets a lot colder in some regions of the world. The mini-ice age theory is meant for certain parts of the world, not on a global scale just like it happened before. Global warming was proven to be a paid hoax so it was switched over to climate change. However, climate has been changing since the very beginning. I'm not worried, just let earth do its thing and watch the consequences of it as it unfolds. If it forces us to top reproducing so much, I welcome it.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Up here in the Colorado high desert it has been unusually cool this summer - extremely cool nights and a lot of intense rains. Im not complaining it's quite nice but definitely not normal. I can't remember the wife and I having to use our comforter in the summer ever. The news is saying it is due to monsoon?
edit on 10-8-2013 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Years ago I sat next to Larry Ephron from SF at an energy conference at UO, Eugene.
Larry espoused a theory about how to avoid the coming ice age -

Here is the verbiage on the you tube video:

(notice the admonition to reduce CO2 to 280 ppm - but wowie, it is about 400 now in spite of the 350.org movement

_This was probably the first time I actually worked on a project to fight the climate crisis. After leaving The Nature Company in 1986 I moved into a flat in Kensington with Larry Ephron, one of a handful of people I knew in the San Francisco Bay Area who were proponents of what was called the Hamaker Theory.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Mon Aug 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags, trimmed quote

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
A friend made EIGHT HUNDRED copies of the How to stop the coming ice age video on VHS many years ago and sent them to legislators, movie stars and others to help prevent the coming ice age by promoting rock dust!

Rock dust is good for the garden BTW, Marie Rado used to have a product called Rado Rock - a gourmet
glacial rock dust with beneficial minerals, you might call it, but I think at one point her source was switched, unsure if she is still selling the rock dust. But you can get rock dust from quarries methinks.

Put ROCK DUST in your search engine to locate millions of hits of this wonderful product - available anywhere;
not being a soil scientist, I can only speculate that some rock has more beneficial minerals than others just
like some soil has more beneficial organisms aka the MICRO HERD than others depending on ingredients,
moisture, heat, etc. of the compost pile. Or as I like to say:

IN COMPOST is the future wealth of America!

www.garden.com...

_Greensand is a deep sea mineral product.

Greensand is a mineral called glauconite, which is found on the ocean floor and mined for use as an organic fertilizer and soil conditioner. Greensand supplies marine potash, silica, iron oxide, magnesia, lime, phosphoric acid, and 22 trace minerals. Greensand works great on Southern “hard as a rock” clay soil this spring, to help improve its texture, and enrich the nutrient content of my soil without using chemicals. Greensand is one of the oldest and most generally useful tools in the organic gardening tool box.

edit on Mon Aug 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added source, ex tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right. Stupid me. I stand corrected

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The temperatures in the lower Arctic have had their longest stretches of above 80 degrees F in recorded history and while it is true that this years melt likely won't top last years extreme loss it is set to finish at lower than all previously recorded before 2007 and will likely finish up in the top 5-3 for years with the most ice loss.

arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...

It's been a really nice, mild summer here in Boston with only about a 2 week period of heat waves or average 90's. This does not mean warming has stopped, it means our summer coincided nicely this year with an out of whack jet stream. Warmer oceans are throwing the jet stream out of whack. Those having a nice cool summer are lucky, while I may be having a cooler than normal summer other places are having a hotter than normal or drier than normal or wetter than normal, summer. "Than normal" is a strong clue.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ice ages: Why North America is key to their coming and going

www.csmonitor.com...

Now, a team of scientists from Japan, the US, and Switzerland suggests that the North American continent is the breeding ground for these cycles. It's a region where climate and the ice's effect on the Earth's crust play off each other to draw out the length of a glacial cycle triggered by changes in solar radiation that come with changes in Earth's orbit.

This feedback between climate and ice becomes most dramatic at the end of the cycle, when an ice sheet that has bulldozed its way too far south and gotten too heavy for its own good meets up with a warming climate./ex]

The approach linked individual atmosphere, crust, and ice models in a way that needed only information on the amount of sunlight reaching Earth to generate ice-sheet behavior over the past 400,000 years that geologists have gleaned from more than a century of field studies.

Changes in the amount of solar radiation striking Earth come with changes in Earth's orbit occurring at intervals of 41,000, 23,000, and 19,000 years.

The study reaffirms that changes in the amount of summer sunlight striking northern high latitudes sets the process in motion. Indeed, changes to the shape of Earth's orbit over time, as well as long-term changes in the orientation of its axis, and their impact on solar radiation at high northern latitudes were the most significant astronomical influences in the team's simulations.

www.csmonitor.com...

Still, the researchers "make a convincing case" that North America's shape and location on the globe, as well as the slow recovery of the crust as the ice begins to melt turn variations in solar radiation occurring in cycles measured in a few tens of thousands of years into a 100,000-year glacial cycle.

What makes North America so special?

"Maybe that's because the mountains deflect the polar jet stream farther south," says Dr. Raymo, referring to a high-altitude river of air that forms the boundary between cold polar air and warmer air to the south. Deep southward meanders in that river during modern winters can bring snow to regions where it's rare, such as the US Southeast.

Or perhaps during the last glacial maximum the ice sheet covering Scandinavia was vulnerable to warm Atlantic Ocean water, she adds.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Let's just say no amount of man-made global warming will stop mother nature, if mother earth wants an ice age mother earth gets an ice age.

and I am the biggest tree hugger out there.

literally
edit on 093131p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthShine

That was interesting, in light of the new scientific information I posted what do you think?

www.csmonitor.com...

In short, the theory is that during interglacial periods, over thousands of years, the earth's soils get depleted of minerals, the plants become less robust and weaker at absorbing carbon dioxide and so carbon dioxide builds up in the atmosphere. It causes more water in the equatorial belt to evaporate and move to the poles where it accumulates as snow. This snow causes the ice caps to advance and a new 100,000 year glacial period begins. During that glacial period, all of that mile-thick glacial ice grinds more rock into dust, so that when the glaciers retreat and the plants recolonize, they have wonderful new soil and can suck down the CO2.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There is no Ice Age coming anytime soon though. A cooler summer in some parts of the N.Hemisphere doesn't indicate the onset of one. And regardless of shapes of continents, the energy still has to be right to gain the conditions and the energy in our climate system certainly doesn't indicate a dormant period. When the dust settles from this warming, sure an Ice Age is likely.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by 727Sky

I was at first accepting of the Global warming theory, until I heard about the kyoto protocol, that sent up all sorts of red flags so I kept reading and researching.

I came across this about the Greenland Ice sheet melting from thermal disapation and thought you might be interested:

phys.org...

The Greenland ice sheet is melting from below, caused by a high heat flow from the mantle into the lithosphere. This influence is very variable spatially and has its origin in an exceptionally thin lithosphere. Consequently, there is an increased heat flow from the mantle and a complex interplay between this geothermal heating and the Greenland ice sheet. The international research initiative IceGeoHeat led by the GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences establishes in the current online issue of Nature Geoscience (Vol 6, August 11, 2013) that this effect cannot be neglected when modeling the ice sheet as part of a climate study.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Earth history doesn't lie, is always a warming trend before an ice age, the last mini ice age was during the colonization of the US and civil wars, one example was Washington crossing the Delaware actually earth has been warmer longer than it has been colder or life will not be possible.

Six Hundred Years of Global Cooling

The Little Ice Age occurred between the mid thirteenth century and the 1860s. Although many important historical events occurred during this time frame, weather is often overlooked when describing these events. For example, weather had a lot to do with the destruction of the Spanish Armada, but the English victory is often attributed to the way the battle was fought. Weather contributed to the authoring of Frankenstein. In the famous picture of Washington Crossing the Delaware, many people find it odd that the river was full of chunks of ice; it doesn't get that way today, but Washington lived during the Little Ice Age.

Many historians do not mention the Little Ice Age, even when writing about events that happened during this time period. I hope to show you that the weather did have a huge part in the late medieval/early modern period. The next time you read about events that happened during this time frame, whether you're reading about Columbus or the early colonists to America, try to remember that the world that they lived in was a lot colder than the one that we live in today.

Also warmer temperatures do not mean dry arid periods but humid wet periods, only when the earth is within or between extreme warming and cooling life proliferate, because is better planting of variety of crops, during the cold spells planting is limited.

Little Ice Age Timeline

Main Events of the Little Ice Age

•1250 - the Atlantic pack ice starts to grow

•1300 - Europeans can't always depend on a warm summer

•1550 - glaciers expand worldwide

•1645-1715 - Maunder minimum (little sunspot activity recorded, very cold temperatures)

•1816 - Year Without a Summer

•1860s - Earth Warms Up

www.squidoo.com...

But is ok, let the global warming profiteers keep pushing their agenda on the gullible and trusting. If people just read history they will learn what Global Warming is and is not, no the crap that profiteers are selling this days

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
New Ice Age? Ah, so that's why there's been record heat in Alaska, Greenland, Europe, the Med, China, Taiwan. Australia etc in the past few weeks

No record heat in Australia. We are in Winter at the moment and it has been FREEZING, with some snow in areas, for the first time in years. That is the Southern States anyway.

In the North it is the same as it has been for 12000 years or so. 30 degrees C every day in Winter and Sunny.
30 Degrees C every day in Summer, but raining. (Tropics you know).

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
IIRC there was some news Argentina was having a nasty winter?
S&F
edit on 13-8-2013 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Hopefully not

Maunder minimum
www.eh-resources.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join