It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Danish Daily Warns: “Globe May Be On Path To Little Ice Age

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Major Danish Daily Warns: “Globe May Be On Path To Little Ice Age…Much Colder Winters…Dramatic Consequences”!

9. August 2013

Not the first time I had heard the little ice age theory.

So now even the once very green Danish media is now spreading the seeds of doubt. So quickly can “settled science” become controversial and hotly disputed. The climate debate is far from over. And when it does end, it looks increasingly as if it’ll end in favor of the skeptics.

The JP writes that “many will be startled” by the news that a little ice age is a real possibility. Indeed, western citizens have been conditioned to think that nothing except warming is possible. Few have prepared for any other possibility.

In its latest 2-page report, the JP now appears to tell its readers that our views on climate science have to be much more open minded and unshackled from the chains of dogmatism.
notrickszone.com...
JP starts by reminding readers that it was just over 100 years ago that the world had clawed itself out of the little ice age, which extended from 1400 – 1900, a time when the Thames river often froze over. All paths in determining the cause of the little ice age all seem to converge to a single factor: solar activity.

Not the first time I have questioned the sun role in earth climate.

JP also quotes Svensmark on the subject of the IPCC: “…many of the climate models used by IPCC and others overestimate the influence of CO2 and underestimate the influence of the sun. … The IPCC is very one-sided, so I don’t think there will be anything reasonable in the next report.”

A little ice age will be much more devastating .

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me one bit! When it gets down to 5 degrees at night consistently and we haven't had more then 5 days of over 25 degree weather all summer, something is happening.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
so sir i can say that sun is the most important factor that trigger chain reaction...we already see that more and more cathastropic event right now..i am not intend to be scare people but wee see from our own eyes..but once again all we can do is pray to God hope we can survive with our whole family and the one you loved..God bless you all..

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
this i believe as the winters are getting colder where i live minus 20-30 is common now and i do not remember that when i was younger and it is not getting any warmer in the summer only wetter i think the planet is in cycles of 250+ years of ice ages the old folk i speak to remember it a lot colder and the snow being 10 + foot high in the winter

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
First it was "global warming" no wait that stopped a decade or two ago. "Climate change" yeah that's the ticket! Now it's "mini ice age" ??? Isn't the Arctic melting? Greenland's ice is melting, no wait it's the same.

I don't think these climate people really know what's going on.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I too note a change in the weather over a 50 year period!!
All is not sweet!
Record warm temperatures are indicative of some change!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

But I thought we were still in an Ice Age anyway, just things are warming up a bit at the moment.

www.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

I remember been taught this at school aswell and that was 16 years ago.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Wouldn't surprise me one bit! When it gets down to 5 degrees at night consistently and we haven't had more then 5 days of over 25 degree weather all summer, something is happening.

where do you live?

Here it has been a cool wet spring and cool for summer.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenian8
reply to post by Stormdancer777

But I thought we were still in an Ice Age anyway, just things are warming up a bit at the moment.

www.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

I remember been taught this at school aswell and that was 16 years ago.

That was my initial thought when the GW came to light, aren't we still coming out of the ice age.
edit on 013131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
so sir i can say that sun is the most important factor that trigger chain reaction...we already see that more and more cathastropic event right now..i am not intend to be scare people but wee see from our own eyes..but once again all we can do is pray to God hope we can survive with our whole family and the one you loved..God bless you all..

The sun playing a significant role seemed logical to me but some experts said it played an insignificant role, for some odd reason.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The Earth has been getting warmer -- but how much of that heat is due to greenhouse gas emissions and how much is due to natural causes?

A leaked report by a United Nations’ group dedicated to climate studies says that heat from the sun may play a larger role than previously thought.

“[Results] do suggest the possibility of a much larger impact of solar variations on the stratosphere than previously thought, and some studies have suggested that this may lead to significant regional impacts on climate,” reads a draft copy of a major, upcoming report from the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

The man who leaked the report, StopGreenSuicide blogger Alec Rawls, told FoxNews.com that the U.N.’s statements on solar activity were his main motivation for leaking the document.

'The main premises and conclusions of the IPCC story line have been undercut by the IPCC itself.'

- StopGreenSuicide blogger Alec Rawls

“The public needs to know now how the main premises and conclusions of the IPCC story line have been undercut by the IPCC itself,” Rawls wrote on his website in December, when he first leaked the report.

Rawls blames the U.N. for burying its point about the effect of the sun in Chapter 11 of the report.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

3-10 days of 80 to 95 degrees.

Thats it.

Comfortable summer weather. Everything else? Mid 60's to 70's. I'm not complaining......

Not after the last few years.....

S&F

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

3-10 days of 80 to 95 degrees.

Thats it.

Comfortable summer weather. Everything else? Mid 60's to 70's. I'm not complaining......

Not after the last few years.....

S&F

TY

It sure has been beautiful summer.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The IPCC is very one-sided, so I don’t think there will be anything reasonable in the next report.”

Duh, they recently even had to publicly admit the model was hilariously off.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml
m4gw.com...

A little ice age will be much more devastating .

Unfortunately. Most climatologists experts, but few people, realize that a slight global warming would actually be beneficial, and that it's an ice age which would be more devastating.

news.heartland.org...
www.forbes.com...
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
New Ice Age? Ah, so that's why there's been record heat in Alaska, Greenland, Europe, the Med, China, Taiwan. Australia etc in the past few weeks

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

You'd be better off following the New Adventures of Spiderman than believing anything climate related that you read from David Rose and the Daily Fail

www.carbonbrief.org...

www.skepticalscience.com...

www.slate.com...

metofficenews.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

There have been record colds in Canada, Russia, India...

www.cbc.ca...
www.livescience.com...
www.examiner.com...
rt.com...

Even in the US...

www.noaanews.noaa.gov...
www.climatedepot.com...

I had to shuffle all that snow. It was the first time so much of my trees were damaged by the cold. Reality check.

edit on 9-8-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well, Global warming to me only signals global ice age as well, the earth is a machine, that if it get's too hot, it cools itself, every machine was designed to do this, the earth is just better at it with many failsafes.

Just think, warming, leads to more ice n glacier melt, more moisture added to the atmosphere through nature water cycle, means more storms, warmer water an that causing more violent storms, also leading to flooding an coastal ocean rise, which in itself causes the ice age since more of the sun's heat is captured by land, and water a rise in the ocean due to ice melt an added storms means less sun getting through, the earth could go a few ways from the flooding point.

It seems more likely than everywhere turning into a desert, since we have more water on this surface than land, I only see things becoming more wet.

Flee to the mountains an start building beach homes and boardwalks?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Well yes, there was cold weather last winter - but none of it record cold*. It gets cold in winter every year.

But whilst cold weather in winter would be expected if we're undergoing global cooling, record high temps in summer would not be.

Last year was the 8th or 9th warmest on record. Warmer than any year last century except for 1998 (the mega El Nino year) Does that sound like we're entering a new ice age?

* I don't count date records for specific locations - only national records. Date records for specific locations in any given country, high and low, obviously occur nearly every single year.

Edit: the alleged record cold in Siberia was incorrect. I covered that on my blog here:

weatherearthnews.blogspot.co.uk...

edit on 9-8-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Yep. This is crazy for August. I'm already getting ready for winter

We already have cold winters up north here, but our 2 month growing season is getting even shorter

Found my antifreeze tester yesterday.

I'll be needing it soon....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join