It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange case of my friend Ron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It was hard to find the right forum for this one. Harder still to determine exactly how to describe this case. First let me say there is no exaggeration or falsehood to my knowledge in any of this. I have heard that I only have heard a few of the incidents. First let me say Ron died a few months back by his own hand. He was a good guy that would help anyone. I just don't know of anything quite like what I am about to describe. Yes, some may be poor judgement on his part. Toward the end it might fall under a death wish as well Idk. I'm going to recount the incidents briefly and concisely and in the order I think they happened over the last 15 or so years. His history sounded was no doubt filled with a lot of bad luck. At the least it was also a tale of survival. A string of accidents, a string of tragedy. Too me it reminds me a lot of "Final Destination"..

My question is has anyone heard anything like this? Any paranormal link?

First a brief description. Ron was a maintenance worker at a large Aerospace firm. Healthy by all respects I knew anyway. A good golfer and pitched for my Men's Sr Baseball team. Ron was an outdoors-man - loved fishing and hunting.

Incident #1 on the road) I'm estimating back in 97- I heard about Ron stopping to help a disabled vehicle. He is hit in the back of the head by the driver with a wrench..Left unconscious- his truck stolen.

Incident Group #2 in the field) Hunting adventures. Ron survives falling out of tree stand at least 3 times - last one leaving him paralyzed and disabled w back and neck injuries - never really was the same after the time.

Twice other hunters injured a deer and Ron helped track. During one of these they come upon the resting injured deer Ron is kicked in the head right between the eyes- leaving a "V" impression which later he was showing off at a local bar. A deer kick certainly has been known to kill a man. Another time an inexperienced hunter came upon the injured deer he had poorly struck with an arrow. Ron saw that the deer wasn't dead. To protect the other hunter as the deer rose to its feet- Ron dived upon the deer tackling it and pulled out a knife hoping to finish it quickly..Cuts himself badly in the process. Another time while climbing has a muzzle loader(loaded muzzle loader carried while using climbing tree stand- several no-no's there) discharge narrowly missing his head.

Incident Group #3 at work) Things that happened on the job. Once Ron is cutting a piece of summer sausage- using an exacto knife.After a while he notices the blade is gone.. After some urging from coworkers he goes to the hospital they find the blade almost ready to enter the intestine..Emergency surgery to remove it. Another time they lift this lift truck to mezzanine second floor level to work on the roof. While lowering it the rope breaks..the heavy wheeled vehicle falls and bounces down stairs toward Ron..Actually pinning him at the bottom of the stairwell next to a door narrowly missing crushing him. Another time doing work by himself involving high voltage(this violates many OSHA standards) The bus is not locked out/tagout.. area not marked for high voltage work. No supervisor is present. Anyway Ron backs into live 480 V wires..gets knocked out back third degree burns. After some time off from the worst tree-stand falls Ron returns to work he is doing some work in a tight area with a torch..Problem is the acetylene tank is leaking..A small explosion occurs..After this Ron was not allowed back to work.

Incident Group #4 automobiles) Partially due to his wish to do the things he loved outdoors Ron was probably driving when he shouldn't have. I guess according to the group he worked with was involved in totaling a couple different vehicles. He walked away. Maybe the most interesting he was talking to a neighbor when a white car drove past and parked up the block and up a hill about half a block away. It was starting to get dark. The two men just talked Ron with his back to the vehicle. The other guy noticed the car was slowly moving and figured the owner was leaving. Instead I guess the car had begun rolling and picking up speed. When the guy realized there was no driver he grabbed Ron and yelled get out of the way. The car which had picked up some speed narrowly missed them and crashed a few feet past.

Incident Group 5 at home). Even home wasn't safe for Ron. There was some incident involving him cutting himself in the stomach very seriously. Another trip to ER. So much blood on shirt/hands/.face the ER check in person passed out..There was another incident where he was seriously burnt. I don't know the details on the burn incident.

Incident 6) His family.. They had torn down some house leaving only the basement in a particular area. His son was playing and managed to right into the open basement falling some 8-10 feet and getting injured badly himself.

The fall from 20 feet or so(Ron didn't wear safety belt) was horrific in itself..many months of rehab and 100s of thousands of dollars in bills. Dozens of broken bones and internal injuries. They said some Drs said he would never walk. Many couldn't believe he survived with the number of injuries he had. Nobody expected him to ever return to work.

Whereas, I briefly described the getting shocked and explosion - both of these alone were quite horrific in their own right. When I came back to work at this site, I didn't get to see Ron but was told he could barely walk at all. I had heard he was back and I kept my eye open for him. I didn't get to see him before he decided he had enough.

I know he suffered a lot from pain. Maybe suffered worse from the limitations of his injuries-not being able to hunt/fish like he once did.

Has anyone heard of so much unfortunate bad luck? I know there have movies that hit around this kind of thing. I figured it was worth bouncing off the folks here. Are some people cursed? Do some actually have mostly bad luck? I will add any other stories I here.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

First off, awesome signature. Love Neil young.

Secondly, if true, that's the most insane story I've read in quite a while. Never heard of anyone having bad luck like that!

Ron sounds like a trooper. Seems that many instances would leave one with a crazy perspective on life/death.

R.i.p. Ron "if it weren't for bad luck, he wouldn't have had any."
edit on 8-8-2013 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

Most all of the incidents I mentioned had witnesses..usually more than one. Many cases the witnesses were friends or people I know. I will add more as I hear them. I heard one of his coworkers had an even more extensive list. But he recently retired. I hope Ron is in a better place and used up all his bad luck.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I am known to have a peculiarity about me of having streaks of extremely bad luck, but also extremely good luck. I am sorry for your friend, but THREE times falling out of the tree stand? Come on, Ron, you would have thought you would have learned after the second one, "Hmmm, maybe this isn't quite working out and i should quit while i can still use all of my limbs". Also, putting yourself in the position that a wild animal fighting for its life could kick you in the forehead is just your own fault as well...
Eta...just went back and found a few more gems. Ron wolfing sausage to the point he doesnt realize he ATE A RAZOR BLADE, Ron playing with live power wires by himself, Ron "(no safety belt)", I could add more but now I just can't stop laughing...
Sometimes bad luck can be explained by a lack of good choices...
Good Luck everyone out there
edit on 9-8-2013 by the owlbear because: Ron would have been a YouTube sensation...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I agree completely especially with regard to the falls. The exacto knife blade I mean I think sensible folks would realize those blades can come off. Yeah he made some bad choices. He was a risk taker..no doubt..Paid a high price too.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
How about demonic obsession..I mean the bible talks of some of possessed throwing themselves in the fire ect. Or possibly a curse? It seems like most readers aren't too shocked by so many strange incidents.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Damn,

Ron (R.I.P) sounded like one of those guys in a comedy movie who endures mishap after mishap.

Sadly this is no movie, and it looks to me like Ron suffered from horrible bad luck in his personal life, but maybe could have prevented some of other things that happened at work.

Can't say I've met or know any people that's experienced these kind of "bad-luck" events to this kinda level.

I've always thought that I'm quite unlucky myself, but this thread puts into perspective that when you think you have it tough, someone out there is going through much worse.

S&F
edit on 9-8-2013 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I agree, at what point is it "supernatural" and what point just a demonstration of Darwin's survival of the fittest coming in to play...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Wow!! That is some weird story and I am so sorry for your friend Ron, and it got to the point where he took his own life. As others have mentioned some bad choices/decisions contributed to some of these tragic outcomes.

It also appears that he at least at one point, one incident where he was working and was badly hurt on the job. Wonder why he could not have sued that company for negligence? Some type of compensation.

Then, and I am not sure, but you have the alternative potential of Bad Karma. I really can not speak very much about that subject matter, perhaps someone can add to it. But, if you believe in the concept, these happenings are just the circle coming back, pay back for previous wrong doings he did in this life or in a previous life. I really can't add anymore on that subject...that's my understanding.

But what a rough and tough life....curious, did anyone else he associated with either at work or on his leisure time have similar things happen?

Peace!! ID!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Poor man.
I have met a few people like this, who seem to have a lot of accidents.
I think its because they do not process possible outcomes of things. Most people do this automatically in their thinking process.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Ron sounds like he was very careless in his approach to safety...I hope Ron didn't injure anyone else other than himself....
I know a guy like this, Crash after Crash, fall after fall, he doesn't seem to have the ability to learn from his past mistakes, the strange thing is though...it's in the Gene's, His Daughters a clumsy Dumpling also....
The Darwinian award for natural selection goes to Ron.

Sorry if i seem a bit harsh, but Ron sounds like one of life's Crash test Dummies...Dangerous is probably one word to describe Ron.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yep, Ron's "bad luck" sounds the same as the guy who has been mugged 8 times on the same lonely stretch of road and wonders why life has got it in for him.There's being unlucky and there's putting yourself into situations where "bad luck" is inevitable.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I thought thins with me were bad but not as bad as poor Ron. The only difference is he seemed to continue to do what he wanted even if it cost him his life thus being a serious risk taker. Myself on the other hand, I stay away from places where I had near death accidents. I had to learn not take things for granted and I never attempted the same things that nearly killed me once before. In your friend's case it seems that he was very unlucky and also didn't realize the risks he was taking.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

YEah he should have sued! Clear OSHA violations there. HE was the type of guy thankful for the job. Even to return they made him sign papers that he would not sue.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
reply to post by ItDepends

YEah he should have sued! Clear OSHA violations there. HE was the type of guy thankful for the job. Even to return they made him sign papers that he would not sue.

I doubt very much those papers would stand up in court....all depends though, maybe Ron was partly to blame.

I once worked with a guy who was caught trying to get a Arc with a stick welder on the side of a Bottle of Argon.

He got relegated to Toilet duties after his suspension.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It seems that some people just have bad luck, but I suppose your choices would make the the difference.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
its called natural selection.
despite the bad luck alot of that was down to stupidity.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I thought i was unlucky, now i feel blessed.

Its one of those stories that is really hard to believe that much extreme bad luck is possible for one person.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So after being deemed unable to work and partially paralyzed. Ron took it upon himself to end his life.
I don't remember Ron for all this. I remember him as a guy who would go out of his way to help others.
One of the gutsiest pitchers in our MSBL league who sore arm or not he would go out on the mound and get you to the end of the game.

top topics

join