It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught on security camera in naples florida

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Just sayin, there hundereds of reports of UFOs sucking up water....hovering over water, and fading away.....
So whatever it turns out to be....its doing UFO stuff...sort of.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Just sayin, there hundereds of reports of UFOs sucking up water....hovering over water, and fading away.....
So whatever it turns out to be....its doing UFO stuff...sort of.
they have to have hydrogen and coolant.

Hey.....It could be, you know.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
How is this even a news story?

"I've never seen anything like it." Well neither have I, but I can tell that it's just some water or something on the lens.

Look at how blurry it is to begin with, look at how windy it is outside, look at how the "thing" sways back and forth with the wind.

I'm going with a simple water droplet on the lens that moves about with the wind. It comes into more focus as it moves about and finally evaporates.

I'm honestly stumped how people could consider this to be anything but something on the lens?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
At parts, all of it and then half of it are out of focus, meaning it was always on the glass dome that covers the lens. Some kind of moth or other winged insect, probably caught in a few threads of a spider web. Really..... dipping into the pool... Instead of dealing with real world observation, people think a big fuzzy alien thing with wings is taking a dip. Incredible.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
I'm honestly stumped how people could consider this to be anything but something on the lens?
It's obviously water droplets which is confirmed by their evaporation.

I guess some people don't know what water droplets look like but for the youtube commenters saying it's not water droplets...yes it is. This is what they look like, and I have seen them before.

Some people just want to believe aliens are hovering over their swimming pool a little too much. Nothing is hovering over the pool.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Lol exactly. It stumps me that this made it to the nightly news...

Some water on a camera lens makes it to prime time news. Stumped

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The pool is closed for a few days to be CLEANED?
no one is going to do any tests, to check the area throroughly, perhaps they won't find some water missing, but maybe it was putting something in and not taking it out, ?

Is there anything missing at this area, did someone put something on the security camera;s lens while they helped themselves to stealing something and then remove it as they left?

There is no doubt about it, this is not being explained to any of us in any sort of logical way that we can understand, authorities have no idea! DUH!! how much is spent on national security? until its figured out this is an issue caught by a SECURITY camera... that camera may as well go on holiday, because when it does capture something no one wants to know, except poke fun at it... hmmm! not a good response from any authority more like a comedy..

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Cheezus.....

It's A WATER DROPLET, nothing more.

It's so obviously a water droplet that I fear about the mental sanity of those people who claim it's an UFO..seriously is something in the drinking water in California to make people THAT ignorant/stupid?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Lol exactly. It stumps me that this made it to the nightly news...

Some water on a camera lens makes it to prime time news. Stumped

California...enough said....

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed
Cheezus.....

It's so obviously a water droplet that I fear about the mental sanity of those people who claim it's an UFO..seriously is something in the drinking water in California to make people THAT ignorant/stupid?

You might be right, could just be a water droplet that is causing optical issues with the camera.
Looks more like a reflected image to me, but I could be wrong?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Haha! Seriously what...the...
Admirable of them to run a UFO story but:

THAT made the news? Who exactly VT edits these things? Do they sit their chuckling about what's going to broadcast? It's water droplets. Earthly as it gets I presume. Give away is the storm, wind and large amounts of rain already lashing the camera. "It looks like a saucer shape and then goes DOWN into the pool!" oh, merr, gawd.

Yesterday must've been a quiet day for news. "QUICK! Roll that stupid UFO report we made! People haven't seen water on perspex for a while."

Lens flaer aer aliens

As NoRulesAllowed said, the mental state of some of the receivers of this "news" is extremely questionable on this occasion! And considering US UFO news clips had gotten a lot better in recent years, this one is just silly, lol

Still - if it'll help people identify water droplets in the future, it ain't all bad

edit on 8-8-2013 by markymint because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

that security officer needs to be sacked

she cant identify a water droplet on a camera lens?

scary

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed
Cheezus.....

What water have you been drinking? The title and video clearly state Naples FLORIDA not California.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Looks like the cam was indoors looking out a big window and there is water on the outside of the window. The wind is moving both the water on the window and the plane of the window.

The light source might be a flashlight. Or a landscape light. It looks static to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Oh mufon apparently said this was one of the most exciting videos they got in awhile. So I suppose you should let them idiots know it's just water droplets.

I don't buy that. Granted, they got the full 30 minute video and we got a crappy 3 minute news clip version of it. I think they have the real deal and we got the bogus version of it.

Is there anyway to get ahold of mufon and request that full version? I bet this is the real deal and the spin doctors gave us the watered down version.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Looks like something on the lens to me. It was pretty windy, probably was a storm nearby. Could have also been a small insect on the lens, but it was pretty windy for one to hold on that well.

Either way, nothing unusual. Unusual looking on video? Yes, but it's just something on the lens and therefore WAY out of focus. I really lean toward water or some other liquid. That's exactly what it looks like, ask any photographer or videographer.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Looks to me like a terribly out of focus spider pulling a moth or some other insect from its web that happens to be right in front of the camera and brightly sidelit by some out-of-frame light source.

But sure, if somebody wants to say it's a UFO or something, they can do that if they want

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I believe this is just a raindrop that got on the lense, and destorted the other lights in the video. Look at how windy it is, like a storm is coming in. I really dont see anything else, but a drop of water on the lense.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
After reviewing the video a little closer, it shows a clip of the security camera. The camera has a Half dome shaped cover over it. This would lead to water being able to stay on the surface of the camera, and the feild of view would be altered a lot. Obviosliy the water droplet got right infront of the camera and distorted the light from the surrounding area. Its really not that difficult to figure this one out.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
After reviewing the video a little closer, it shows a clip of the security camera. The camera has a Half dome shaped cover over it. This would lead to water being able to stay on the surface of the camera, and the feild of view would be altered a lot. Obviosliy the water droplet got right infront of the camera and distorted the light from the surrounding area. Its really not that difficult to figure this one out.

No doubt! I didn't see anything in the video out of the ordinary. Thought I was missing something or I missed it, and then that was the end of the video. Looked back over it multiple times trying to find something... nothing....??

WTF are people smoking, especially the TV station.... its clearly water droplets distorting light and it fluctuates based on wind and other drops hitting it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join