It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto and Big Food Pull Out the Big Guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Becuase i don't care about it, why would they care?

That's your argument?

You don't care so no one else is supposed to care...? Wow...

-SAP-
edit on 8-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Dude, they have developed crops that can be planted over and over in the same fricking field by manipulating the DNA. They don't have to practice proper ag. They simply alter the DNA of the seed. Right back at you with a "nice try". Anyway, I am totally done with this thread. I do not know why I bother responding to your ilk. I should know better. Anyway, may your health not suffer with your GMO sugar beet consumption. Adios!

Officially "unsubscribed" from this thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked

So only "elitists" eat organic huh... good to know that my broke ass is considered upper echelon by the high and mighty "Superhans"...

I didn't say elitists, you made that up for some reason.

it couldn't have anything to do with a deadly allergy to certain glutens with the worst being MSG which they already slip into foods with bogus names like "natural flavour" or "spices"...

lol, no gluten in MSG. Its cool the big G word may have thrown you off.

I'd like to be able to go to the supermarket and get stuff that I know isn't going to kill me without having to check the label each and every time because scumbag corporations like Campbell's will just slip stuff back in without warning and then it's time for a jab in the leg and a trip to the emergency room...

Hate to break it to you but if you have a deadly alergic reaction to foods you should really always check the label, considering you think that MSG is gluten then it might not help you anyways and labeling GMO foods will not make them gluten free.

since I'm not a leech off the system I get to pay my deductible and something as simple as wanting to eat a can of friggin' soup ends up costing me hundreds if not thousands of dollars because some douche wants to save a fraction of a cent per can by using some chemical crap instead of I don't know... real salt... real meat... etc...

Anyway... keep shillin'... you're obviously winning over the crowd with your persuasive arguments for why people have no right to know what the hell they're eating...

I think you are really confused about labeling and your allergy.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

GMO'ers have no care about our crops cross pollinating with GMO's. Why don't they even consider that?

So you dont care to acknowlege cross pollination issues?
That is the central issue of several lawsuits; even ones on behalf of these chemical companies.

Hmmm very much reminds me of this.
www.youtube.com...

And...this too
www.mit.edu...

edit on 8-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

That's your argument?

-SAP-

No... I said i don't care. Did not say that other people should not or could not care. I posted plenty bro, you don't have to make crap up to argue with. If you have nothing you dont HAVE to reply.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

reply to post by NotAnAspie

I mean don't try to pretend that Europe just has no interest in cheap food.

I'm not pretending and i never said that, don't make stuff up bro. They just import it rather than grow it and Monsanto pulled applications to GROW anymore NEW GMO crops in europe. Now they are mostly selling the seed and getting the GMOs imported into the EU.
This article goes over that pretty well
www.ibtimes.com...

Nice source... "Irritable Bowel TImes"?

11 comments on the story... how many of them are you bro?

In otherwords you have nothing to contradict what i said so you attack the source instead of forming a logical argument.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Wow dude.

No one is making anything up. YOU were the one that posted that! I pulled that quote right from your post...

Maybe you missed the point. You don't care about pollination issues yet that's one of Monsanto's biggest problems right now. Considering random Monsanto wheat is showing up in random states and non-Monsanto owned farms across the U.S...

But that's right you don't care about that so why waste my time explaining it...

ETA: I am no longer partaking in the thread. The straight shilling going on here is beyond anything I want to continue wasting my time with.

Cheers!

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

No one is making anything up. YOU were the one that posted that! I pulled that quote right from your post...

I said
you said

See the part you made up?

But that's right you don't care about that so why waste my time explaining it...

Correct, i don't care, not sure why you are rambling about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

So only "elitists" eat organic huh... good to know that my broke ass is considered upper echelon by the high and mighty "Superhans"...

I didn't say elitists, you made that up for some reason.

it couldn't have anything to do with a deadly allergy to certain glutens with the worst being MSG which they already slip into foods with bogus names like "natural flavour" or "spices"...

lol, no gluten in MSG. Its cool the big G word may have thrown you off.

I'd like to be able to go to the supermarket and get stuff that I know isn't going to kill me without having to check the label each and every time because scumbag corporations like Campbell's will just slip stuff back in without warning and then it's time for a jab in the leg and a trip to the emergency room...

Hate to break it to you but if you have a deadly alergic reaction to foods you should really always check the label, considering you think that MSG is gluten then it might not help you anyways and labeling GMO foods will not make them gluten free.

since I'm not a leech off the system I get to pay my deductible and something as simple as wanting to eat a can of friggin' soup ends up costing me hundreds if not thousands of dollars because some douche wants to save a fraction of a cent per can by using some chemical crap instead of I don't know... real salt... real meat... etc...

Anyway... keep shillin'... you're obviously winning over the crowd with your persuasive arguments for why people have no right to know what the hell they're eating...

I think you are really confused about labeling and your allergy.

Both contain or break down into what Senior Semantics... that's right... glutamatic acid which is the trigger... but I'll go put on my dunce cap and bow down to your far superior strawman skills oh wise one...

I notice you also don't want to touch on the fact that the FDA who tells us GMO's are safe is stuffed chock full of former Monsanto employees and/or spouses of employees...

No worries guy... eventually they'll push this poison on the people no matter how much they don't want it much like they did that other deadly chemical that they couldn't figure out what to do with when they were making aluminum and figured "well since it's sweet let's put it in soda and dispose of it through stupid people"...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

reply to post by NotAnAspie

I mean don't try to pretend that Europe just has no interest in cheap food.

I'm not pretending and i never said that, don't make stuff up bro. They just import it rather than grow it and Monsanto pulled applications to GROW anymore NEW GMO crops in europe. Now they are mostly selling the seed and getting the GMOs imported into the EU.
www.ibtimes.com...

Nice source... "Irritable Bowel TImes"?

11 comments on the story... how many of them are you bro?

In otherwords you have nothing to contradict what i said so you attack the source instead of forming a logical argument.

Bwhahahahahahahaha... coming from the guy that was attacking sources as "nonsense" in this very thread... laughable dude... you better get a better game or they're going to stop cutting you checks...
edit on 8-8-2013 by SwissMarked because: Crappy computer... double clicked the pad with my palm by accident before I was done... I'm poor... what do you want...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

reply to post by SloAnPainful

I said
you said

See the part you made up?

Correct, i don't care, not sure why you are rambling about it.

You sure are passionate about something you proclaim you don't care about... doesn't make much sense... unless just maybe someone is cutting you a check to care just enough to detract from a discussion but you don't actually personally care...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Bwhahahahahahahaha... coming from the guy that was attacking sources as "nonsense" in this very thread... laughable dude... you better get a better game or they're going to stop cutting you checks...

Please link to where i did, that. You probably just misunderstood what i was saying or did not read where i showed how it was nonsense

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Originally posted by burntheships

. Now they are mostly selling the seed and getting the GMOs imported into the EU.
www.ibtimes.com...

That is not what that article says at all!
Wow, very misleading statement on that article you linked. Lets look at it shall we?

Europe places tight restrictions on what chemicals can be used on home-grown crops, but imports food from the U.S. and elsewhere that’s been treated with the banned stuff. Furthermore, pesticide restrictions have left farmers with only a few options amongst permitted chemicals, increasing the risk for the emergence of resistant pests

And, so they are really very very wise to ban the chemicals that are on GMO corn
and the similar pesticide laden crops....

In a paper published in the journal Trends in Plant Science on Thursday, a group of researchers – mostly hailing from the University of Lleida’s Agrotecnio Center, and at least one of whom is involved in GM corn research – compared agricultural policy in the European Union for both foods grown in EU countries and imported products.

edit on 8-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Actually, the article is indeed about the European Union accepting imported GMO's even though they, the European Union, have policies that restrict the farming of GMO crops.

Meanwhile, the EU continues to depend on GE food: corn imported from the U.S., soybeans from South America, and animal feed from the U.S., Brazil and Argentina.

A similar story plays out in pesticides, the authors said: Europe places tight restrictions on what chemicals can be used on home-grown crops, but imports food from the U.S. and elsewhere that’s been treated with the banned stuff.

^That is from the same article found here:
www.ibtimes.com...
However, the article does not mention anything about seeds being sold to the EU like the user "Superhans" claimed.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Please link to where i did, that. You probably just misunderstood what i was saying or did not read where i showed how it was nonsense

Sure guy... I'm sure we've all misunderstood everything... you're infallible... we get it... sign me up for a plate full of GMO laced veggies and hormone injected meats... you've presented such a compelling argument how could we not all just give in and become test dummies...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

\
Both contain or break down into what Senior Semantics... that's right... glutamatic acid which is the trigger... but I'll go put on my dunce cap and bow down to your far superior strawman skills oh wise one...

Its not semantics at all, MSG is not gluten... You said that due to your gluten allergy you cannot eat MSG, not a strawman. Do you know what a strawman is?

I notice you also don't want to touch on the fact that the FDA who tells us GMO's are safe is stuffed chock full of former Monsanto employees and/or spouses of employees...

You noticed that? REally? Probably because you are just bringing it up now... You don't have to make stuff up and make it sound like i was dodging something to post bro.

No worries guy... eventually they'll push this poison on the people no matter how much they don't want it much like they did that other deadly chemical that they couldn't figure out what to do with when they were making aluminum and figured "well since it's sweet let's put it in soda and dispose of it through stupid people"...

Did you have a point here?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Sure guy... I'm sure we've all misunderstood everything... you're infallible... we get it... sign me up for a plate full of GMO laced veggies and hormone injected meats... you've presented such a compelling argument how could we not all just give in and become test dummies...

So what you are trying to say is that you cannot show where i said what you are accusing me of? Its cool bro, don't know why you and so many other people have to go making stuff up and distorting stuff all the time.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Learner

Actually, the article is indeed about the European Union accepting imported GMO's even though they, the European Union, have policies that restrict the farming of GMO crops.

Meanwhile, the EU continues to depend on GE food: corn imported from the U.S., soybeans from South America, and animal feed from the U.S., Brazil and Argentina.

A similar story plays out in pesticides, the authors said: Europe places tight restrictions on what chemicals can be used on home-grown crops, but imports food from the U.S. and elsewhere that’s been treated with the banned stuff.

^That is from the same article found here:
www.ibtimes.com...
However, the article does not mention anything about seeds being sold to the EU like the user "Superhans" claimed.

The seed thing was from another article, i was just saying that they are just importing instead of growing and linked to that because that is what people seem to be having a problem with comprehending.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

You noticed that? REally? Probably because you are just bringing it up now... You don't have to make stuff up and make it sound like i was dodging something to post bro.

This is my last true post, considering it's late. He is not making it up, in fact he's pretty spot on.

Prior to being the Supreme Court Judge who put GW Bush in office, Clarence Thomas was Monsanto's lawyer.

The U.S. Secretary of Agriculture (Anne Veneman) was on the Board of Directors of Monsanto's Calgene Corporation.

The Secretary of Defense (Donald Rumsfeld) was on the Board of Directors of Monsanto's Searle pharmaceuticals.

The U.S. Secretary of Health, Tommy Thompson, received $50,000 in donations from Monsanto during his winning campaign for Wisconsin's governor.

The two congressmen receiving the most donations from Monsanto during the last election were Larry Combest (Chairman of the House Agricultural Committee) and Attorney General John Ashcroft. (Source: Dairy Education Board)

In order for the FDA to determine if Monsanto's growth hormones were safe or not, Monsanto was required to submit a scientific report on that topic. Margaret Miller, one of Monsanto's researchers put the report together. Shortly before the report submission, Miller left Monsanto and was hired by the FDA. Her first job for the FDA was to determine whether or not to approve the report she wrote for Monsanto. In short, Monsanto approved its own report. Assisting Miller was another former Monsanto researcher, Susan Sechen. Deciding whether or not rBGH-derived milk should be labeled fell under the jurisdiction of another FDA official, Michael Taylor, who previously worked as a lawyer for Monsanto.

Source

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

The seed thing was from another article, i was just saying that they are just importing instead of growing because that is what people seem to be having a problem with comprehending.

Wow, so you post misleading statements as lead in to
an article to make it look legit?

You are not invincible here, get a hold of yourself,
before you become a scourge for your cause.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Organic farmers use chemicals and pesticides too but people do not fight to see what the effects of them are and so they go unknown for the most part. So we can test GMOs time and time again to see that they are safe, organic stuff can go untested just because its organic.

do you happen to know if seeds and plants absorb any pesticides that don't get washed away ?

who 'tests' for this and who determines the 'safety' levels ?

Are you talking about organic pesticides or the synthetic ones? As far as I know the organic ones do not get tested much because people assume they are safe.
As far as i know i don't believe seeds absorb pesticides

Both.

I am interested in the absorption levels that exist in seeds and finished products.

Who makes the policies on safety ?

and I think Monsanto has a modified seed that supposedly resists chemical absorption , but I don't know.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join