It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto and Big Food Pull Out the Big Guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Originally posted by Superhans
Yes into the anti-GMO group, pretty simple.

Oh right stereotype someone because they don't like eating poison and pesticides, if that makes me "anti-GMO" then so be it... I just don't want to eat it, I wouldn't even feed it to my dog...

If it feeds the lower class population, fine. I don't have a problem with that. My point is I AM NOT GOING TO EAT IT. You keep repeating yourself and forcing me to repeat myself.

...again you are going to tear apart every piece of this post like every other post that people reply to and try to make your argument, when you have none. Because my argument is, I'm not gonna eat it. End of story.

Cheers!

-SAP-
edit on 8-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

lol so you rage becuase i say you are anti-gmo when you clearly are?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by marg6043
If monspanto crap was soo safe for human consumption and well being why are they spending millions of dollars trying to keep their crap from been label for public choice

Your on it Marg.

Here is also just something for us to ponder....
No brand name? Not only no label about pesticides, or safety....
No brand name. Odd that they hide their name on their products,
All of them Bayer, Dow, Syngenta. Its like they are hiding something....

edit on 8-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

and how is that even legal?....It's not, but since they are so favored, it doesn't matter.

Traditionally, things have to be documented all over the label, even down to the address of the finishing producer, packager or distributor.

And the fact that they have numerous offshoots in the conglomeration only complicates it more. Even though that is part of what labeling is for, as of now, we have no idea where most food comes from... and companies like this have set that stage.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

lol...No...It's because labeling is required!

lol what? They have never done well over there even before labeling was required in the few places it was required. They still grow the corn and import even more of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I am not raging, and maybe you didn't read the post.

I said that, If not wanting to eat poisons and pesticides makes me "anti-GMO" then so be it. I don't rage over people opinions because everyone has one.

Your the one tearing apart everyones post paragraph by paragraph. Not me. I am simply defending why I don't want to eat them. Nothing more and nothing less. End of story.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Why is their defense always something like "don't eat it", or "poor people in starving countries", etc. GMO'ers have no care about our crops cross pollinating with GMO's. Why don't they even consider that? or the soil damage when constantly planting the same crop over and over in the same field by adding genes to those seed crops that are immune to terrible soil conditions? Why don't you GMO'ers have any consideration when it comes to growers that don't want whacky unnatural genetics crossing with natural seed? Why should all my seed be compromised without choice?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I said that, If not wanting to eat poisons and pesticides makes me "anti-GMO" then so be it. I don't rage over people opinions because everyone has one.

Your the one tearing apart everyones post paragraph by paragraph. Not me. I am simply defending why I don't want to eat them. Nothing more and nothing less. End of story.

-SAP-

You were clearly saying more than you just don't want to eat them, but if you want to back peddle out of this thats cool bro, you don't have to lie about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

The "poor people" argument is the only real argument they have. Which they have a good point. Grows food for people who cannot afford it, which sounds beneficial. Then people find out what is actually in GMOs... The ends don't justify the means in my opinion...

But yeah, people will endlessly defend them regardless. All you can do is do your best to present the facts as the are presented to you.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

lol...No...It's because labeling is required!

lol what? They have never done well over there even before labeling was required in the few places it was required. They still grow the corn and import even more of it.

The simple fact that labeling is required is just a part of a culture that perhaps won't allow big agriculture to come in and take over like it has done in the US.

Give the right offer to the right person and you might see a different story, but as long as there is labeling, it's probably still not going to work out too well. It's 2 sides of the same coin.

I mean don't try to pretend that Europe just has no interest in cheap food.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

The exact reason why Monsanto is still allowed to produce GMOs and sell them in the U.S and elsewhere is because they have deep pockets and greedy lobbyists

Agreed, and that is another aspect of this quagmire, that they push so hard to
coerce other countries, with the help of the loans from The World Bank.

This is really one of those conspiracies, I think we just scratch the surface
of it. Why is the World Bank involved?

I know some people say its nothing to see here, move along.

Wahsington has contributed a total of about 28 billion dollars to the Bank's International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the International Finance Corporation, or 16.8 percent and 24 percent respectively of the bodies' funding from governments.

²The question you're asking is: who does the bank listen to for advice?² said Robert Watson, chief scientist at the World Bank, in an interview. ²My personal view is that we must hear from all stakeholders. And we try very hard to get this balance.²

World Bank sources say that about 50 million dollars in bank loans have been used for agricultural biotechnology projects, but add that the money has gone to build capacity to regulate and evaluate GM crops, rather than to actually do biotech research, like open field trials.
www.organicconsumers.org...

Thanks much for your comments

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Where are you getting this stuff?

The only other thing I said was they "were banned in Europe".

You just put words into peoples mouths. I stated from the start I don't want to get into a endless debate, because you just repeat yourself and that's making me repeat myself....and here we are again same ol' repeats.

I'm not "back-peddle"ing out of anything.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I'm not pretending and i never said that, don't make stuff up bro. They just import it rather than grow it and Monsanto pulled applications to GROW anymore NEW GMO crops in europe. Now they are mostly selling the seed and getting the GMOs imported into the EU.
This article goes over that pretty well
www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Where are you getting this stuff?

The only other thing I said was they "were banned in Europe".

You just put words into peoples mouths. I stated from the start I don't want to get into a endless debate, because you just repeat yourself and that's making me repeat myself....and here we are again same ol' repeats.

I'm not "back-peddle"ing out of anything.

-SAP-

I advise you to go back over the thread. You said a lot more than you just "don't want to eat it" and "they were banned in europe", Stop being a liar bro

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Hollie

The "poor people" argument is the only real argument they have. Which they have a good point. Grows food for people who cannot afford it, which sounds beneficial. Then people find out what is actually in GMOs... The ends don't justify the means in my opinion...

But yeah, people will endlessly defend them regardless. All you can do is do your best to present the facts as the are presented to you.

-SAP-
I don't think that is even a valid argument because I am serious when I say that there are so many nutritious edibles that can be grown in the worst of conditions. Moringa for example. Instead of feeding these people GMO corn/soy, they could have been taught how to grow and eat foods from their native environment. Or to restore their previous environment and teach them conservation practices. There are just so many alternatives to even list, so I don't believe for one second that the "poor people" argument holds any water.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Oh my apologies, I also stated that Monsanto has "deep pockets" and "greedy lobbyist" with them, which is true. My bad.

I was mostly referring to all of this back and fourth between you and I. I never stated anything else other than Europe and that I refuse to eat them. The other things I have posted were replies to other members.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Why are you trolling, bro? Bored much?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

. Now they are mostly selling the seed and getting the GMOs imported into the EU.
www.ibtimes.com...

That is not what that article says at all!
Wow, very misleading statement on that article you linked. Lets look at it shall we?

Europe places tight restrictions on what chemicals can be used on home-grown crops, but imports food from the U.S. and elsewhere that’s been treated with the banned stuff. Furthermore, pesticide restrictions have left farmers with only a few options amongst permitted chemicals, increasing the risk for the emergence of resistant pests

And, so they are really very very wise to ban the chemicals that are on GMO corn
and the similar pesticide laden crops....

In a paper published in the journal Trends in Plant Science on Thursday, a group of researchers – mostly hailing from the University of Lleida’s Agrotecnio Center, and at least one of whom is involved in GM corn research – compared agricultural policy in the European Union for both foods grown in EU countries and imported products.

edit on 8-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie
Why is their defense always something like "don't eat it", or "poor people in starving countries", etc.

Because if you don't like it and protest against it, you probably shouldn't eat it. That makes you a stupid hypocrite. I never said poor people in starving countries, i was talking about poor people here. Organic food is really expensive. But funny you should bring up poor people in starving countries, some are starving just because they will not allow GMO food in.

GMO'ers have no care about our crops cross pollinating with GMO's. Why don't they even consider that?

Becuase i don't care about it, why would they care?

or the soil damage when constantly planting the same crop over and over in the same field by adding genes to those seed crops that are immune to terrible soil conditions?

The soil dammage from monocultures is a farming issue and is not specific to GMO, nice try though.

Why don't you GMO'ers have any consideration when it comes to growers that don't want whacky unnatural genetics crossing with natural seed? Why should all my seed be compromised without choice?

Why don't the people who care do something about it? There are steps that can be taken to minimize cross pollination, people should just do something about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

Originally posted by Superhandsl

I don't get why people think they are forced to buy monsanto's food.

They are forced to buy GMO crap foods because they DO NOT KNOW THEY ARE BUYING IT! Hello! If you have to label a can of soup that has ingredients that were processed in the same facility as eggs and peanuts, then consumers have every right to know if they are consuming GMO.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

Then buy organic, because that is what will end up happening once everything is labeled. If it says organic its not GMO, simple enough for you?

So only "elitists" eat organic huh... good to know that my broke ass is considered upper echelon by the high and mighty "Superhans"... it couldn't have anything to do with a deadly allergy to certain glutens with the worst being MSG which they already slip into foods with bogus names like "natural flavour" or "spices"...

I'd like to be able to go to the supermarket and get stuff that I know isn't going to kill me without having to check the label each and every time because scumbag corporations like Campbell's will just slip stuff back in without warning and then it's time for a jab in the leg and a trip to the emergency room... since I'm not a leech off the system I get to pay my deductible and something as simple as wanting to eat a can of friggin' soup ends up costing me hundreds if not thousands of dollars because some douche wants to save a fraction of a cent per can by using some chemical crap instead of I don't know... real salt... real meat... etc...

Anyway... keep shillin'... you're obviously winning over the crowd with your persuasive arguments for why people have no right to know what the hell they're eating...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

. Now they are mostly selling the seed and getting the GMOs imported into the EU.
www.ibtimes.com...

That is not what that article says at all!
Wow, very misleading statement on that article you linked. Lets look at it shall we?

Europe places tight restrictions on what chemicals can be used on home-grown crops, but imports food from the U.S. and elsewhere that’s been treated with the banned stuff. Furthermore, pesticide restrictions have left farmers with only a few options amongst permitted chemicals, increasing the risk for the emergence of resistant pests

Your point?

Meanwhile, the EU continues to depend on GE food: corn imported from the U.S., soybeans from South America, and animal feed from the U.S., Brazil and Argentina.

Yes, they are importing and not growing. Not really misleading and just saying something does not make it so

edit on 8-8-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by NotAnAspie

I'm not pretending and i never said that, don't make stuff up bro. They just import it rather than grow it and Monsanto pulled applications to GROW anymore NEW GMO crops in europe. Now they are mostly selling the seed and getting the GMOs imported into the EU.
www.ibtimes.com...

Nice source... "Irritable Bowel TImes"?

11 comments on the story... how many of them are you bro?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join