It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto and Big Food Pull Out the Big Guns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

Originally posted by Superhans

Are you serious? That there are really going to be participants paid to promote Monsanto in here? I will be sure to follow every thread in re to these sorts of topics, and would very much like those that are paid advocates to be pointed out to me. That is just crazy! and creepy even!

That is a stretch. The "you are a paid shill" response really just means
"You are correct and i cannot back up anything what i say with proof or simple logic. So instead of making a coherent or logical counter argument to show you are wrong I am going to just claim that you are paid because you have bested me in logic"
Saying someone is a paid shill is the exact same thing as Christians saying that evolution is the devil and anyone talking about it is an agent of satan, because its not based in reality or logic. Its based off a faith based religious belief.
Oh sure. We can discuss Christians. You can educate me in that department too. But first, why do you advocate for Monsanto for free? Why don't they pay you? Did you flunk their exam or something? I am genuinely curious.

This is exactly what i was talking about. You don't have anything logical to say so you just go off on some rant because i offended your religious beliefs. You know what Holy? You are right, i am wrong. Everything i have said is wrong. So just go back to happy land. I do not take any pride in talking to people who are ignorant because of their ability vs those who are ignorant because they are lazy. I truly feel that you believe in what you post which is why I feel that you are handicapped. So from now on just ignore everything i say, it will make you feel better and you will not get angry. Here is a website.
www.naturalnews.com...
They publish many fantastic stories that you would like and they have so many fans that you would never meet someone like me if you posted there. I have to warn you though, it may not have many facts but where it lacks in facts it makes up for when it comes to what you want to hear! So read your news from there and ignore anything i say, you will be such a happy person.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

You are right, i am wrong. Everything i have said is wrong.
I agree!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I agree!

GREAT!!!!
I edited my last post and added a little bit more to it, there is a website i want you to look at for now on and i don't want you to respond to this message. My posts are a bit over your head so they confuse you and make you angry, i don't want to make a nice happy person like you angry, so ignore my posts and get all your news from that site i posted or sites that people from there recommend.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I agree!

GREAT!!!!
i don't want you to respond to this message.
Too late.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I agree!

GREAT!!!!
Too late

lol, okay. Once again i am wrong and you are so correct. All i can hope for is that you do not have any children so that that this hereditary stupidness cannot go on any longer. I honestly think you are stupid because of a biological handicap and i cannot hold that against you
edit on 8-8-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I agree!

GREAT!!!!
Too late

lol, okay. Once again i am wrong and you are so correct.
Yes, we already established this.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I agree!

GREAT!!!!
Too late

I know!!!
Its funny because you are so dumb that i had to go down to this level just for you. You are still right and i am wrong but wow... I really hope you don't have any kids that respect anything you say

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I agree!

GREAT!!!!
Too late

I know!!!
You are still right and i am wrong but wow...
I like your excitement about how right I am!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Honestly Im amazed at how quick the farmers market is making a come back in my area. A year or two ago, there was nothing. Now the minute you cross the bridge from Oklahoma to Arkansas, all you see is small mom and pop farmers selling out of the back of their trucks. Every veggie you can think of. Amazing aand think its only getting bigger. Eventually if people actually care about their bodies, Monsanto and fast foods will take a hit.

I would really love to find out what these CEOs and other powerful people are eating on a daily basis. I can bet you their private chefs are not running to Wal-Mart to get their meats and Veggies. But instead are going to the Local Farmers Markets, and buying what everyone should be buying. Good Foods from same people that grow and eat those foods.

The only way to STOP monsanto, is to educate yourselves on what your consuming on a daily basis. Change from a society fixed on expensive fast food, and a society that takes anything off the shelf.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I agree!

GREAT!!!!
Too late

I know!!!
You are still right and i am wrong but wow...
I like your excitement about how right I am!

We MUST go deeper...
(couldn't resist)
O.T.: No, no, GMO... monsatan, take your patents, and shove em up yer, uh, (rhymes with
) ... ass
edit on 2013/8/8 by Jimjolnir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
If monspanto crap was soo safe for human consumption and well being why are they spending millions of dollars trying to keep their crap from been label for public choice of knowing what they are putting in their bodies

yeah I got it, monspanto just don't want to have one answer any time soon.

Monspanto is poison.

I have been wondering the same thing...if they have nothing to hide...why not label?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So even bad testing is better than no testing.
So far in the GMO debates i see tests that show no difference and tests that do no hold up to the peer review process. When a test shows no difference between GMO and non-GMO people who don't like GMOs scream conspiracy and how everyone is paid off

No, the GMO testing conducted to date involves 240 day rat death and tissue pathology tests, with some muti-generational tests, and a few 25 month cow studies. This base of testing does not test for gut bacteria, adaptive and innate immune system impacts and autoimmune disease impacts - the chief concern of the activists who oppose the current release of GMO science. There are other foods too which have relied on bacterial signature markers with Gram Negative bacteria as well, and that link to immunological trend data is being suppressed as well.

This is why Hills and Iams have removed wheat from their healthier labels of dog foods. Dogs cannot eat our wheat fillers any longer. They get cancer, diabetes, heart disease and autoimmunity disorders - just like we do.

But we had to have mass economy of scale wheat - how else can you pull a Walmart on small American farms and put them out of business? ...so damn the science, full speed ahead...screw the American population, when they get immuno-deficiency related edemas and skin fat toxin storage, we'll just tell them they are FAT.
Their lazy butts need to work out more anyway, and besides higher medical costs is an economic stimulant.

This precedent for 1995 allergenic wheat was a great wakeup call to those of us who are tracking US health and the illicit practices in the Big Agra industry.

Even if science was comprised of only lab tests, which it is not - the lab tests done to date are inadequate and misleading and mis-focused. It is akin to testing to see if you are dead after driving your car. If you are not dead, then your car is safe. That is about how sophisticated this 'science' is.

This is simply a case of people being afraid of technology. One day people will look back on this period and laugh becuase the vast majority thought that GMOs were harmful, the same way we look back and think its silly that there were people who thought the earth was flat.

Nobody thought the Earth was flat. That was a political myth.

Now there are those who are simply afraid of GMO technology - awesome point.
GMO technology is our future, but we have to use more than cosmetic health test standards for our 20 times a week ingestion substance testing. But the activists will be fully armed to declare ANYONE who opposes Bt Corn for example as religious GMO-phobes.

Be ready for that equivocation as well. The habits they used in other political campaigns will be used here, except funded with a substantial budget this time.

edit on 8-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

That is a stretch. The "you are a paid shill" response really just means
"You are correct and i cannot back up anything what i say with proof or simple logic.

Nobody said you were a paid shill. We said that you were an amateur shill.

No the industry has already announced an activism budget for internet shill activity. They have made this clear, that it is one of the campaign goals.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Mo-no-saint-o new motto - should read:
on yer knees cure and eat my poison or else...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ha, was just watching this on Youtube earlier today and couldn't help noticing the striking similarities between the statements of the two industries (the one at 7:37 made my day).

Yesterday it was about cigarettes, now it's about food.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic
, those propaganda people will talk a LOT about "the science." ...

Yes, hmmm. That sounds exactly like this thread!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

when it comes to having them cite it or explain WHY the science is sufficient - they will not be able to,

Exactly what happened. In fact, many demands finally brought out the truth, and
the thruth was the only objections were from hired guns for Monsanto,
Mark Lynas, and a few comments from his website.

No one had conducted any research that disproved the study by Dr. Carman.

edit on 8-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadHatter364
Ha, was just watching this on Youtube earlier today and couldn't help noticing the striking similarities between the statements of the two industries (the one at 7:37 made my day).

Yesterday it was about cigarettes, now it's about food.

"I believe they have not been proven to be unsafe" - Cigarettes 1955, Bt Corn 2013

The ultimate equivocation and pseudoscience statement. Here we manage science by politics and campaigns, ...and the real science testing is done on the already saturated American population. It is better to ask for future court liability forgiveness than science permission now.

Exactly what we are doing with Bt/HT Stack Corn now. Thanks Mad.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic

Exactly what we are doing with Bt/HT Stack Corn now.

Yes, particilar line of corn is laden with neonicotinoid, which is a pesticide
chemically related to Nicotine! This has been proven to be deadly for
the bees!

In addition, Nicotine acts as an insecticide but is also toxic to mammals.

So we have corn, stacked with pesticides that is deadly to bees and toxic
to humans. This is why it is not safe to eat GMO!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I've read many of you post's on this subject and I can't help but wonder why you believe we should be uninformed consumers. If people really DO want Monsanto foods, they will continue to buy them. Causing ignorance is not a reason to support a company. It's no skin off Monsanto's nose......or is it?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
"Organic" on a label is a joke. Food is certified by your local state extension service. An agent looks over your "crop" and grow mwthods, takes your check and c,ertifies it organicc.
If food is fertilized using ferts that do not rot they are not organic.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join