It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed! U.S. Military Leadership is Anti-Christian!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If any of us had any doubt about the US Military being Anti-Christian this latest debacle puts all of this to rest.
A 26-year-old chaplain’s assistant, who asked not to be identified, said her commander ordered her to either remove the Facebook message or a UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice).
This is all regarding her Facebook comment regarding G_D's message that homosexuality is a sin.
radio.foxnews.com...
She states that she is an evangelical Christian, and, " she returned home from church on Sunday and was watching a documentary about a minister who endorsed homosexuality." Feeling insulted by this gross and negligent abomination, she wrote in her Facebook page," A lot ticked off, now to all my gay friends you know I care about you so don’t think otherwise. I’m watching this documentary and this gay guy went to a church and the Pastor was telling him that he needs to embrace his way and know that it is not a sin. Ok umm wow, dude it is. I’m sick of people making Gods word what it’s not. Yes God loves you as a person but He hates the sin. Tired of hearing about Pastors being ok with homosexuality.” Her CO has left her an ultimatum. It seems that those who scream and rant intolerance, are not tolerant of the Christian world.
Hypocrisy at it's best.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Um... the first hint should have been "thou shalt not kill"...

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah, those awful anti-Christians probably wouldn't have let her post a message condoning slavery and the stoning of children either.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Killing, slavery, stoning children?

Really?
Is that the best you an do to contribute to this dilemma?
Wow, how shallow and awfully sad.
I'm sure the next cards played will be the homophob and hater cards.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Really?

Do you deny that that these subjects are discussed in the Bible -- by God himself?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Really?

What dilemma? The US Military isn't paid to be any denomination at all. It's paid to protect the USA. The US Military has no reason to have anything at all to do with religion.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

This is kind of like working in a hot dog factory and then going on Facebook telling everyone what goes into the hotdogs. The boss is going to get peeved.

Her CO doesn't need to give her an "ultimatum." All he/she needs to do is give the subordinate an order and she is required to comply. As far as I remember the military is not covered by the Bill of Rights but rather the UCMJ.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just because the US military doesn't enforce your religious meme of choice doesn't mean they are anti-christian.

Beyond that, I think you display a shocking lack of self-awareness about how your religion is irreconcilable with war making, droning people, collateral damage, imperialism, torture, deception. Pretty much the gamut of evil there, but instead of all that, you are focused on the issue that your chosen mentors want you to focus on. The one that doesn't disrupt war incorporated.

yet another reason religion is bankrupt and I will gladly take my chances with eternal damnation.
edit on 6-8-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: damn spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
- i m very proud you discovered that.

Now lets proceed to the consequences

best wishes,

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Confirmed! U.S. Military Leadership is Anti-Christian!

Sounds like anti-bigotry to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So because a Christian made a bigoted remark about gay people and was asked to disassociate her remark from an institution full of gay people, that means they're anti-Christian?

You guys are always trying to play the victim for some reason.
edit on 6-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I had to go to Bible studies with a woman that would sit and talk about how we aren't a Christian nation anymore and our military is no longer Christian because they allow "homosexual sin" I think it helps us to be better people to be accepting of love between two adults. I think the woman was told to delete her comments more for the fact that her superiors didn't want to land in hot water for it. Doesn't matter, it was hate speech. Moses wasn't allowed into the promised land because he did something out of anger. Hate brings anger and anger brings hate. She needs to open her heart or live a miserable life.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

OP, this has nothing to do with religion, but it has everything to do with good order and discipline. Homosexuals are allowed to openly serve in the military and the facebook post was counter to the good order and discipline of the armed service. There is no freedom of expression in the military...those who serve give up a lot of their rights in order to protect the rights of the ordinary citizen.

Does anyone really want a military that only serves Christians, Democrats, Republicans, Atheists, or any other group or organization?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't know.....I'm a christian family guy with wife and kids. I've never been face to face with an anti-christian militar (or civilian). Only a few online christian bashers here on ATS.

I forgot to mention I'm also a sinner, but my good old friend Sam Adams always tells me I don't have to be perfect.

Amen?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Let me make sure I understand this correctly....

Some female soldier watched a religious documentary where the Preacher claimed that being gay is not a sin. She complained on facebook and her military supervisors had her remove the post.

And this somehow makes the military anti christian?

That about cover it?

Seems to me the problem is not the Military being anti christian. It's the christian Preacher who is anti christian

It was not the Military who claimed it was ok, it was the Preacher. All the Military has done is ask her to remove a post that causes division within the ranks of those she is serving with. To me, that is perfectly reasonable. Her duty to those she serves with overrides her personal and religious views.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That is the military way.....it has always been that way. You are not to make your strong opinions known toward any subject when you are in the military. You are not to make them look bad, by being untoward, slovenly, gossipy, overly religious, anti religious, or anything of the like.

Basically the Army says "You represent us together as one whole "Army strong" , Army doesn't represent you and your opinion. they do not force you to feel certain ways but when in the military you know that you represent them so your opinions need to stay well basically kept private.

They tell you this when you sign up for the Army. Frankly she should have known this would happen.

Silly that so many people spend all that time sighning up for the Army never really seeming to have any clue just what it is they agreed upon and signed.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
From OP's link...

The 26-year-old chaplain’s assistant said she believes individuals within her unit reported her. On Monday she was ordered to the commander’s office.

“He said I was creating hostile and antagonistic environment in the unit by posting that on Facebook,”

Thats the problem. Not what she said, but that she creates a "hostile and antagonistic environment" in her unit.

Not the first time either is my guess. Don't overblow it (which Fox news never does).

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yeah well out of wedlock sex is also a sin.

Does the military leadership have a point?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
And for the record since that first amendment guarantees the right to say whatever they want and worship however they want anyone's condemnation is rather hollow.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It's not anti-Christian per-say...

It's more being politically correct. Given the recent surge in the legalization of gay marriage and the repeal of don't ask don't tell.

When you are in the military you waive certain rights, and are subject to military justice.

I don't understand how this whole Facebook thing could happen, unless she dumb and doesn't filter work friends on her news feed. The wives of some of my military buddies go crazy-nuts over gay rights ect.

Look, if you use Facebook either don't add co-workers, create a new account just for them, or be smart and put your profile on lockdown from them and set up filters so they can't see your status updates. Geeze people, it's really not that hard to control who sees what on FB.

<<   2  3 >>

join