It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed! U.S. Military Leadership is Anti-Christian!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

She states that she is an evangelical Christian, and, " she returned home from church on Sunday and was watching a documentary about a minister who endorsed homosexuality." Feeling insulted by this gross and negligent abomination, she wrote in her Facebook page," A lot ticked off, now to all my gay friends you know I care about you so don’t think otherwise. I’m watching this documentary and this gay guy went to a church and the Pastor was telling him that he needs to embrace his way and know that it is not a sin. Ok umm wow, dude it is. I’m sick of people making Gods word what it’s not. Yes God loves you as a person but He hates the sin. Tired of hearing about Pastors being ok with homosexuality.”

And you expect us to sympathize? The nations of the world have enough differences contributing to the rift between cultures. Her commanding officer probably recognized her lack of experience in practicing diplomacy and seized this incident as an opportunity to teach it to her. Bravo!
edit on 6-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I find it ironic that this thread is about the military being anti-Christian, and you people turn it into a gay-antigay thing. Sickening!

I find it troubling when Vladimir Putin is the voice of reason.

Maybe this will help to put this thread back on track.

To borrow from the musical group The Kinks, you know “it’s a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world” when Russian president Vladimir Putin becomes the leading voice for stopping the violent persecutions against Christians while the president of the United States stands silent

link

By the way it is not just the military it goes to the top!
edit on 6-8-2013 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I didn't realize the US Military had a church division.

I"m sorry, but the armed forces should treat all religions equally. As in not allow any of it period.

Your right to your own opinion ends when that opinion has real world consequences that negatively effect people for no other reason than your own pleasure.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
I find it ironic that this thread is about the military being anti-Christian, and you people turn it into a gay-antigay thing. Sickening!

I find it troubling when Vladimir Putin is the voice of reason.

Maybe this will help to put this thread back on track.

To borrow from the musical group The Kinks, you know “it’s a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world” when Russian president Vladimir Putin becomes the leading voice for stopping the violent persecutions against Christians while the president of the United States stands silent

link

By the way it is not just the military it goes to the top!
edit on 6-8-2013 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

Putin is trying to take away gays' legal rights under Russian law. Yeah sure - that's the voice of reason.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

I guess anti-Christian equals anti-bigotry to you?

They asked her to remove a Facebook post? How awful! I hope she can cope with that.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
But what is the US Military's stance on beard trimming, eating shellfish, and pork?
After all, homosexuality is equally as bad as getting a bowl haircut, or enjoying bacon.

They are probably all beard cutting bacon eating heathens!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I didn't realize the US Military had a church division.

I"m sorry, but the armed forces should treat all religions equally. As in not allow any of it period.

Your right to your own opinion ends when that opinion has real world consequences that negatively effect people for no other reason than your own pleasure.

~Tenth

When 98% of the World believes in some God, it would be hard to do away with Religion in the Armed Services.

I try to fathom the amount of prayers being said, while being in a War enviroment.

Has to be in the billions.
edit on 6-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: billions

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

There is an old saying as old as military service itself.

There are no athiest's in a foxhole.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

i think the more correct term would be that the military is A-religious and A-political

they are not ANTI - political or religious

after all there are 'Chaplains' there un the active duty ranks to do the touchy-feely thing of coddeling some poor schmuck, whose not much more than a bawling candy-ash

this seems stuck in the politically correct mode of consensus thinking...
I always admired Ed Anger any of youse ever heard of his communication style
edit on 6-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
OP.

This is the reason why many people start to hate all Christians since your interpretation of what is right and wrong is insane to us. Fortunately it is only a small part of those who call them selves Christians who agree with this viewpoint. This hate have nothing to do with Jesus Christ love message of brotherhood/sisterhood and non judging.

If this message of hate is Christian that you are preaching, then Christians to me will start to mean ego demonic, satanic judging and small mindedness. Only darkness comes from this hate. I am sick of humans saying god have said something that god has not still eating the apple of duality over and over again.

Everything that Jesus is not since he is pushing for the light.

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Many say they are Christian but few take the narrow path.
edit on 6-8-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

This is kind of like working in a hot dog factory and then going on Facebook telling everyone what goes into the hotdogs. The boss is going to get peeved.

Her CO doesn't need to give her an "ultimatum." All he/she needs to do is give the subordinate an order and she is required to comply. As far as I remember the military is not covered by the Bill of Rights but rather the UCMJ.

When a citizen enters into the military, they do not give up their citizenship, ie they are still covered by the constitution, in which the bill of rights are located. However, she still has to accept the consequences of exercising those rights.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by occrest

Originally posted by Bassago

This is kind of like working in a hot dog factory and then going on Facebook telling everyone what goes into the hotdogs. The boss is going to get peeved.

Her CO doesn't need to give her an "ultimatum." All he/she needs to do is give the subordinate an order and she is required to comply. As far as I remember the military is not covered by the Bill of Rights but rather the UCMJ.

When a citizen enters into the military, they do not give up their citizenship, ie they are still covered by the constitution, in which the bill of rights are located. However, she still has to accept the consequences of exercising those rights.

Citizenship remains untouched but from personal experience I can tell you the UCMJ trumps the Bill of Rights. To say she can say as she pleases but must accept the consequences pretty much says the UCMJ trumps all law.

The fine point here I guess is that while the military gives lip service to religion (which makes no difference to me) yet they restrict speaking the truths of whatever religion is causing the issue. Then this women went on Facebook to flame what she saw as those not following what she assumed to be religiously correct and set herself up for reprimand.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why should she have to it is her page!

If it offends them they don't need to look. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

This is beyond stupid she should have to give her right to freedom of expression to appease them? Really?

And you're supposedly concerned about some ones rights? As long as it pleases you? Do you not see the irony?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Like I said read the title to the thread?

Just more deflection form the subject. I would expect no less from you.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Because she probably has her occupation set to whatever military branch she works for. Her gay bashing is directly associated with her work, so they told her to remove the post in order to keep her anti-gay comments disassociated with her occupation.

She was more than likely briefed about this exact situation and told about the repercussions, so she only has herself to blame.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Show me the documents or I call bullsnip.

Still deflecting.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

The person decided to remain anonymous, so I doubt you'll be getting those documents any time soon.

Anyone who has a Facebook usually has the job they work at listed, and I'm sure it was no different for this lady. They probably saw her comment as a bad reflection on whichever military branch she works for, so they asked her to remove it.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
First she signed up or the military and the military has stricter rules on how to conduct one’s self. She volunteered she wasn’t drafted so she should deal with it.

It is the same as if she posted something about race which would also be punishable under UCMJ.

She can have any opinion she wants but as long as she wears a uniform she represents the military on duty or off up until the day she completes her contract.

Once she does then she is free to voice that opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

It doesn't matter it is still a private page.

The real question is : should she have to give up her right to freedom of expression to appease some one else.

Should some one who is gay give up being gay because it offends some one?

That is the crap you are spewing.

Think before you type.

You are as bigoted as any one else is as long as it suits your purpose. You only prove my point!

Oh ya by the way this thread is not about being gay as much as you would like to make it so.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Facebook is far from being private.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join