It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We're going to bring "Ask Me Anything" to ATS!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by Stormdancer777

We used to "select members" for our "Guest Speaker" threads we did way back when (long before Reddit.com was even thought of) and we are trying to open things up to everybody who wants to participate. Limiting is not the way to go in this brave new world in our opinion.

I understand but most the question don't get answered anyway.

and with a after session chat everyone would get a chance to participate.

I just like to listen I guess.

edit on 013131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Seemed a little stressful to me, that's just my opinion, the questions were overwhelming, and BTW he didn't answer mine, lol

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I politely asked 2 separate questions and he answered neither..lol. I guess they were too taboo for him to answer.

Anyway, I would love to see the mods invite five people:

1. Stanton Friedman
2. Richard Dolan
3. Leslie Kean
4. Bob Lazar
5. Dr. Greer

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I just realized Monday is Labor Day here in the U.S., we probably won't start Tom Carey's AMA until Tuesday 03 September (US Time), 2013.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

After Tom, how about Art Bell?

Right before his big relaunching?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Stressful?

Hmmmmm . . . imho . . .

I think such events are good to cast as, frame as . . . a kind of

'event in the park'

where we're all having fun interacting with a fun person.

I realize that the guest may not, in fact, be all that fun. And I realize that many of our ATS cohorts may not be all that fun with their posts and attitudes.

However, if we determine to relate to it as a fun event in a fun way, it can improve the atmosphere at least for us and maybe other ATSers as well.

WW3 is something probably warranting some stressed-out feelings.

I hope an ATS thread is not usually such a stimulus.

Priorities.

imho, We must rank them if we are going to endure, survive this era.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
oops
edit on 083131p://bSaturday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What I would like to see is a list of questions that we put forth and that the person should be willing to answer completely, and not either skip or give the run around.

(I did ask a double question and it was completely ignored.)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
How about there's a number of question-askers who's posts somehow signifies *these* questions as important to the ATS participants at large. This is explained in the pre-session instructions to the Invitee: answering these questions will lead to a positive experience for the participants, ignore them and it will be much more noticed than ignoring the throwaway questions from immature, uninformed, or derisive members who may not even read the thread & post repeat q's.
These (icon-designated?) questioners' questions should be less off the cuff, more measured and exacting with research having taken place in the part of the questioner. Like, the questioner went to the Invitee's website, & sites related, etc. and developed real questions stemming from an interaction with theInvitee's work, current focuses, & interesting items deserving of exposition.
Allocated with consideration of the member's history & contributions to ATS, and/or even by the member asking for the "imporant questioner" designation.
Everyone is free to Ask (Me) Anything, & the instructions are clear in NOT answering ONLY those questions, but to be cognizant that the quetions from the designees are 'vetted' & valid, ignore them at the peril of this media appearance/promo activity being deemed as unsatisfying by the ATS community.
Members who are dedicated that their Q be answered can even msg an Important Questioner and ask them to include the Question in a post, perhaps rephrasing or clarifying it in the process.
The Invitee is informed to answer any/all Questions but to at least shoot for like, half.
edit on 2-9-2013 by kkrattiger because: Want to also say Thankyou to Springer & the et al's for working on new ideas & implementing them. This is a cool interactive perk which adds value to being a member. Also, Joe Rogan, V. Ramachandran, David Eagleman?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Tom Carey's AMA will be starting today (in an hour or so hopefully).

Tom Carey has a BS degree in Business Administration from Temple University, a Masters Degree in Anthropology from California State University, Sacramento, and he also received a fellowship to pursue a Ph.D. in anthropology at the University of Toronto. Tom became interested in UFOs while in high school and rekindled that interest in 1986 when he became the MUFON State Section Director for Southeastern Pennsylvania.

Since 1991, Tom's research has focused solely on the so-called "Roswell Incident" that occurred near the town of Roswell, New Mexico in July, 1947. Tom also became a Special Investigator for CUFOS [the J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies] in 1992 and served on its Board of Directors from 1997 through 2001. Tom has appeared as a guest on a number of radio and television shows concerning the Roswell Incident as well as appearing in several filmed documentaries.

This should be a golden opportunity for those interested in Roswell, Wright Patterson Air Field, and many other associated topics.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I think the idea of AMA is a good idea, I did post a quesiton to nick pope, and not seeing an answer forthcoming on day 2ish, I posted a second question, which also got washed away without reply, but I'm not upset over that, he had an enormous amount to deal with, and I was probably in the majority as most replies from him seemed to be follow conversation on pre-answered posts... but...but... my real point is that he said he was sworn to secrecy, which did somewhat limit him to divulging his own personal take on some of the posed topics that were posted to him. and therefore it really wasn't an "Ask me Anything" in the true 100% of the meaning, was it?? because if you asked anything that went beyond the borders of his "sworn to secrecy" lines, then that was it.. conversation over... also I do understand what he is saying, I have a very good friend who works in the MOD, and we sometimes spend quite some time sea fishing, anyway to say of him if I ask somethings that I know he knows about, he will more times than not say, I can't tell you about it, because of this oat of secrecy he is under in his job, and I appreciate that and leave it there.... if nick pope knows something that would make a huge difference to all of us, then obviously it comes under the oath of secrecy and we are no wiser... apart from that.. I'm looking forward to the next victim on here..oops I mean next guest on here......

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
This should be a golden opportunity for those interested in Roswell, Wright Patterson Air Field, and many other associated topics.

CHICAGO O'HARE. I don't think it gets much bigger than that.

Side note .. I"m putting together questions for Dan Akyroyd ... just in case.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here's the link to Tom's AMA thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Giorgio Tsoukalos. The weird hair guy from "Ancient Aliens".

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
What I would like to see is a list of questions that we put forth and that the person should be willing to answer completely, and not either skip or give the run around.

(I did ask a double question and it was completely ignored.)

Maybe we could hook them up to a lie detector.

Yea that's it can we?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
just a suggestion after looking thru the first 2 of these. is there anyway to make or moderate it so they questions they answer are quoted in the post? as it stands you have to go thru a few pages to find a response from the "ask me anything" guest and then you have to look at who they are replying to, and go back and figure out what question they are replying to.

or better yet, put replies in the OP with what question they answered?

would make it alot more streamlined and enjoyable to participate in.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

And Putin, and Assad.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If you could get Linda Moulton Howe that would be cool.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The AMA'er's are using the "reply to" button when answering questions.
Can we get them to use the "quote" button instead?
Would save everyone a lot of hassle going back to see the question asked.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Go have I been living under a Rock! But I do have a new job and I am putting in like 70 hours a week.
I just got done reading the Q& A with Nick Pope ...all I can say is FANTASTIC! Great job ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join