It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old anti GMO teen schools ignorant TV host

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

edit on 8/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It's not just the science. Their is an ethical and environmental issue about having a small monopoly of seed providers who trademark their seeds. These trade marked seeds have a shelf life shorter than those naturally distributed in the local environments. It's about financial control of all aspects of the food production system that is my biggest concern.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
It's not just the science. Their is an ethical and environmental issue about having a small monopoly of seed providers who trademark their seeds. These trade marked seeds have a shelf life shorter than those naturally distributed in the local environments. It's about financial control of all aspects of the food production system that is my biggest concern.

Agreed. This issue has been going on for decades before transgenics were on the scene. The environmental issue became an issue around the same time as the green revolution, because monocropping demands a lot of chemical use (a lot of which has been banned after being found harmful to human health.)

Do trademarked seeds really have a shorter shelf life than those in the wild?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Farmers in some countries have argued the gmo seeds are not as resilient as their native seeds and that they forced into purchasing these seeds.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SubTruth

What a big man trying to undermine a kid trying to do the right thing.

Sounded more to me that he was asking her all the questions she wanted him to. Sort of just repeating the misinformation that comes from the anti-GMO crowd.

You're right. It did sound like a script. A script to make the girl sound good.

edit on 8/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Scripted? Misinformation? Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Get real bro.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I don't understand how anybody can be against labeling food at all. We in Europe are used to have a lot of informations on the packaging and I never heard, that a company went bankrupt, because of all the ink they had to buy.

Europe and USA are planning to found the TAFTA - Trans-Atlantic Free Trade Agreement. So US-companies will have to label GMOs, otherwise we don't accept it over here. It is astounding to hear that you don't have a choice anyway, because most of the food contains GMOs. Maybe many would be lucky to get some food from Europe.

Thumbs up for that clever girl. Such youngsters mean hope.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Philippines

Farmers in some countries have argued the gmo seeds are not as resilient as their native seeds and that they forced into purchasing these seeds.

I think the farmers have a good point. Crops that have been successfully growing in a region for generations will be more adapted to that environment than "outside" seeds like transgenic GMO seeds.

However, were the farmers physically forced to spend their money on the seeds? Or persuaded to use that seed by promises/bribes from whatever company?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This guy is being an arrogant idiot and this only proves what power and corruption and greed these people who control everything will do or say to keep the NWO stuff going.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So what we have here is the Media spreading a conspiracy.

Some media chief made his SVR masters smile somewhere in the Kremlin.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage I know you are a respected contributor to this website and this is not an attack, just wanted to clarify your position.

Over the weekend you had a thread trying to paint Tesla as a eugenicist, right?

Yet you are here promoting GMO. If eugenics is the study or belief of improving the human population, then is not the argument used by the man in the video that of a eugenicist.

You see, if we are what we eat, and scientist are altering our food, I see this as a form of eugenics in motion, what say you?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
That "interview" seemed fake. It was almost definitely scripted.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntrinsicMotivation
reply to post by Phage

Phage I know you are a respected contributor to this website and this is not an attack, just wanted to clarify your position.

Over the weekend you had a thread trying to paint Tesla as a eugenicist, right?

Yet you are here promoting GMO. If eugenics is the study or belief of improving the human population, then is not the argument used by the man in the video that of a eugenicist.

You see, if we are what we eat, and scientist are altering our food, I see this as a form of eugenics in motion, what say you?

Circular logic.
GMO is to increase food producing capabilities to sustain more population.
You have obviously fallen for the propaganda against it.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IntrinsicMotivation

You know GMO foods are helping feed Africa right? Specifically Corn for people and alfalfa for cows, chickens, goats etc.
edit on 7-8-2013 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I have never declared my stance on the GMO subject, but thanks for jumping the gun and assuming where I stand on the subject.

I do believe my question was specifically for Phage, but thanks for answering for that member too.

My stance on GMO is there is not enough research on long term effects. A proper longitudinal study would be nice, but it is costly and takes time.

Tinfoil, are you someone who gets the latest and newest vaccines? Or do you wait till there is more research on it before you put the substance into your body?

Or another example, a new model car comes out and you buy it, come to find out there are problems with it that are worked out by the next year for this new model. If you would have waited and did the research, you could have saved yourself the trouble.

Do you see my point?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yet you are here promoting GMO.
False.

I don't think there is convincing evidence that GMOs are harmful and I don't have reason to think there is anything inherently dangerous about them. With that in mind, I see no connection between GMOs and eugenics.

edit on 8/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the reply, although I see our minds connect things a little differently.

If gmo was so good, would not the whole world embrace it?

I still think by messing with the food to improve traits (eugenics) which we then consume could have repercussions we have yet to discover.

As usual, only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Kevin O'leary is one of the guys from ABC's Shark Tank show, his background is business. He has no background in chemistry or science. He knows nothing on what he is debating the girl about. This girl has obviously done her research.
Kind of funny that most of Europe has tossed companies like Monsanto out on the butts. I for one do not want to eat foods with built in pesticides. My wife and I started our own garden for the first time in our lives and eating fresh, crap free produce again. Since chemicals have become so big a part of society we have had more weird illness pop up or become more pronounced. Soda Pop has become non existent in our lives also.

Good for that girl! I hope she keeps spreading the word.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by raymundoko

You know GMO foods are helping feed Africa right? Specifically Corn for people and alfalfa for cows, chickens, goats etc.
edit on 7-8-2013 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

You know that America provided plenty of vaccines to people in other countries telling us it was to help the less fortunate. Come to find out decades later, we were giving people various std's just to see what would happen.

I don't fall for the man that tries to appeal to my emotions with emotional responses like "but it feeds the children."

It would not be the first time we have not been given the true facts of the matter.

I just hope that 40 or 50 years down the road we don't get the "New scientific study shows harmful effects of GMO consumption" or something along those lines.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldsguy

Considering Monsanto is thriving in Europe I am not sure where you got your information from...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I never said children. Nor did I intend to imply that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join