It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old anti GMO teen schools ignorant TV host

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

The numbers of mouths to feed is such a vast number it is hard to physically understand it. There are only so many acres of accessible farmland, the amount of farmland is not increasing exponentially with the human population.

Efficiency in distribution is also needed, along with efficiency in produce per square foot of farmland. The technology is available, its implementation is unstoppable because necessity will demand it.

You are a typing contradiction in this response and in others. If the problem is too many people then having more food begets more people, creating a larger problem. It is well established that when food is abundant people breed more; just like cockroaches. GMO aside, anything that makes food more readily available to the masses will create more mouths to feed. It is also well established that poorer and lesser educated peoples or countries breed the fastest. So, your advocacy for more food to feed more people is also, unintentionally I am sure, advocating for a larger population of idiots.

Another contradiction is how you continually point out how there is a finite amount of land and no more land for growing can be created but somehow GMOs will solve this problem. Let us assume that GMOs have higher yields (which has yet to be proven outside of theory). While that would create more food per acre there is still a finite amount of acres and no yield can be increase infinitely. This means that either now, or very soon, these theoretical GMOs with higher yields would fail to keep up with the abundance of mouths to feed. How do these theoretical magic beans solve that problem?

The only thing that will cause a reduction in birth rates is a stabilization of resources vs. population. If resources are artificially inflated, in one way or another, then the natural balance is disrupted because there will exist a greater population in an area than would otherwise be there. This would then lead to other problems such as the afore mentioned famine when the GMOs run out; to war; disease; etc...

So, without discussing the safety, or lack thereof, of GMO foods, in the end they really only solve the problem of Monsonto execs not having enough greenbacks in their pockets.

With your thinking we should just get rid of modern farm machinery, fertilizer, and pesticides so 90% of todays population just dies off. All of those things must have upset your natural balance, and the odds are you would have never been born.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by raymundoko
reply to post by Oldsguy

Considering Monsanto is thriving in Europe I am not sure where you got your information from...

Thriving in Europe? In July they declared that they are going to withdraw all their aplications to sell GMOs on the European market, because they don't see any "commercial perpective". Only one sort of maize, called MON810, is licensed in Europe. Still many countries like France, Germany and Italy don't permit this maize, because of the resistence of the people.

This is not about feeding the hungry but only about big business without any moral and care.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

With your thinking we should just get rid of modern farm machinery, fertilizer, and pesticides so 90% of todays population just dies off. All of those things must have upset your natural balance, and the odds are you would have never been born.

Actually, that would be your way of thinking as I never said that. However, if things were to have been that way then perhaps I would have never been born. Wow, that would have really upset me: Oh wait, I wouldn't have been born so I cannot be upset.

So, other than the absurdity of your statement, your avoidance of your contradictions, and your inability to address the facts; your posts have very little value other than to push an agenda for which you apparently have no understanding.

In addition, fertilizers and pesticides are a problem and they are causing huge problems today which will kill--is killing--millions. Some will die slowly, others more quickly, but it is killing nonetheless. They are also destroying the ecosystem that supports this planet, as we have come to know it. The planet will go on but it will be different after we have polluted it with the chemicals and genetic abominations these companies create and we may no longer be able to survive on it at all, or at least not anywhere near our current numbers.

This is assuming our fiddling doesn't create some horrible pathogen first; which just wipes us all out. Bacteria, insects and plants have already begun to mutate in response to our genetic shenanigans and this will only accelerate as nature attempts to correct the abominations we are creating. Who knows where this will end. What do we do when we have created super bugs or plants which cannot be killed with these *wonderful* chemicals made by these companies? What will we do when people are getting ill--as they are today--with diseases which were practically unheard of before our *modern* food growing methods were developed?

I will tell you what we will do: we will do what all short-sighted and ignorant people always do; we will blame it on something else, curse nature, sue the companies who have assembled these abominations into foodstuffs and sold them to us, deny that our wonderful science could have done such a thing, stick our heads in the sand and hope that our chemical fathers develop a *newer* and *better* chemical or genetic modification to kill all the new nasties.

And all along this way, people like you will cheer them on for "saving lives."

edit on 8-8-2013 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

source

GM peanuts could end danger to children

In laboratory tests, they have succeeded in altering the makeup of the peanut so it no longer triggers a life-threatening reaction.

How can anyone be against saving children? This is but one example of the benefits of GMO's.
Guess that makes the anti-GMO crowd child killers, no two ways about it, can't spin it any other way.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Although it is just a "could be"... Let's assume for one moment, that these super peanuts don't cause any allergical reactions. And let's assume this is only one of the many benefits of GMO.

Then why should the products not be labled as GMO?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Although it is just a "could be"... Let's assume for one moment, that these super peanuts don't cause any allergical reactions. And let's assume this is only one of the many benefits of GMO.

Then why should the products not be labled as GMO?

Who cares if they are labeled, that won't stop them from being used. Starving people in undeveloped countries aren't going to care, they are going to eat. People that are paranoid about it in the western world who fall for all this propaganda against it are goin to be paying super marked up prices for non gmo food, with labels such as non-gmo, all natural etc. That is the real conspiracy here, getting people with money to pay jacked up prices for normal food lol. The anti gmo push has a money agenda for the future, creating a market for the non gmo label.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What pisses me off about this entire subject is the fact that everyone seems to be ignoring the elephant in the room:

These corporations are genetically modifying mother nature in order to "fix" and "accomodate" the economical and political corruption going on worldwide that causes people to not be able to afford nutritional food to eat on a daily basis.

The answer is not to change the friggin foods (the bandaid fix)... the answer is to change the goddamn corruption that's forcing people into poverty and starvation.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that anyone in any country doesn't have enough food to eat other than the corruption and greed coming from their own governmental policy makers.

This is just another example of corporations taking advantage of and profiting from political arena bull#.

3rd world countries are still 3rd world countries because they are purposely being kept that way.

And why the hell are 1st world countries in "need" of GMO foods ?!

Yeah that's right... there is no damn good reason for it... other than to fill the pockets of the corporations and their puppet political representatives.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I expected such an answer. So the poor in this world have to eat that garbage, because they have no other choice? They would have another choice, if this world was not dominated by such corrupt companies, who get even every penny out of the poorest of the poor, telling them, they are their saviours.

And if they know, what you want to offer them I am sure, there would be enough people brave enough to refuse that stuff. This is why they don't want to lable it. Garbage is garbage. Don't tell the poor this is good for them if it is not.
They would have to be the guinea pigs again - as before.

It is abhorrent, which news come out about the USA - politically, economically and ethically. I only wonder, why some Joe Everybody should sing the song of the corrupt industries.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

reply to post by TinfoilTP

I expected such an answer. So the poor in this world have to eat that garbage, because they have no other choice? They would have another choice, if this world was not dominated by such corrupt companies, who get even every penny out of the poorest of the poor, telling them, they are their saviours.

And if they know, what you want to offer them I am sure, there would be enough people brave enough to refuse that stuff. This is why they don't want to lable it. Garbage is garbage. Don't tell the poor this is good for them if it is not.
They would have to be the guinea pigs again - as before.

It is abhorrent, which news come out about the USA - politically, economically and ethically. I only wonder, why some Joe Everybody should sing the song of the corrupt industries.

I'll be eating cheap GMO, you can have your 10 dollar loaves of bread and 25 dollar jars of peanut butter.

edit on 9-8-2013 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am European. We don't have these problems over here. This seems to be an American problem.
Over here we eat real food.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I am European. We don't have these problems over here. This seems to be an American problem.
Over here we eat real food.

I hear ya. I used to live in Germany. Great food; very few fat people; banned GMOs and other crappy bleached chicken and hormonal beef products. There is a lot I miss about Europe and one of the items at the top is to food.

You know; I used to go out every day at lunch and eat whatever. I would have great sandwiches or pizzas, steaks, whatever. I would then often go out and eat at night, especially at the Italian (with actual Italians cooking) place near-by. I would eat a damn good amount of food and have a wine or two. Didn't gain a pound in years.

I am now in the US. I don't eat fast food and avoid the obvious crap as much as I can and I have put on a good 10 pounds in a year and a half. My exercise is the same, I eat less, but I am now eating American style store bought bread which can last months--MONTHS--without molding or getting hard. Uh, that is not normal. Meats appear to last longer and milk never, ever, seems to go bad. We drink very little milk so we may have a gallon for a month in the fridge. It is bad of course, but it doesn't smell or clump like it used to.

When I was a kid bread went bad in under a week even in a breadbox and milk was bad in under a week even in the fridge. Meat turned a kind of grey color and smelled after a short period of time unless frozen.

When I was in Germany the bread I bought at any Bäckerei would be hard as a rock within days (Italian loafs especially) or it would mold. The meat from the local butcher (yes they still have those) would go foul if you didn't freeze it or cook it within a week, and milk would go bad. It all tasted better as well.

There is something very, very wrong with the food in the US and it is impossible to avoid unless you grow your own heirloom wheat to make your own bread and raise your own grass fed cows to butcher your own beef and so on and so forth.

The reason Monsonto and company don't want labeling is because then people won't buy their stuff. Well except for that tinfoiltp guy and a few others like him. While as a whole we are an ignorant horde as individuals we will look at that GMO label and think once or twice and maybe pick up a non-GMO product instead.

So, as was said before, if GMOs are so damn awesome they should be blasting it out all over the place on every advertisement and billboard that they are proudly GMO because it is so much better than non-GMO. The fact that they DO NOT do this and the fact that they fight like hell to prevent it is a very VERY telling thing!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I'll be eating cheap GMO, you can have your 10 dollar loaves of bread and 25 dollar jars of peanut butter.

edit on 9-8-2013 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

Your arguments make me wonder if you aren't, in fact, the obnoxious tard in the video. If not, you are obviously an excellent troll.

Hey, here is some good reading for you while you are eating your cheap GMO:
www.naturalnews.com...
www.organicconsumers.org...
www.momsacrossamerica.com...
www.infowars.com...
articles.mercola.com...
howtoeliminatepain.com... genetically-modified-foods-lead-to-inflammatory-bowel-disease-crohn%E2%80%99s-and-ulcerative-c/
GMO Lukemia
www.vpirg.org...
Here is where the GMOs kill all the Bees

And so on and so forth.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

source

In laboratory tests, they have succeeded in altering the makeup of the peanut so it no longer triggers a life-threatening reaction.

How can anyone be against saving children? This is but one example of the benefits of GMO's.
Guess that makes the anti-GMO crowd child killers, no two ways about it, can't spin it any other way.

*sigh*

How about , and this is just a thought , how about instead of creating food from chemicals and pig lips ..... cut down on the mass production of food , the mass slaughter of animals .... how about cutting back on the sheer waste of food due to greed on a daily basis ?

Peanuts are peanuts , if it was made in a lab it is not a f******g peanut .

There is enough food to feed the whole planet , there is no need to create food from scraps and chemicals .

GMO food will poison , and is already poisoning millions if not billions of people worldwide ..... killing children ...... this is not a guess like yours , it`s a fact -> the pro-GMO crowd are child killers .

As i said to you the other day , remove the wool from your eyes ... your avatar is trying to tell you something.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthiestJesus

source

*sigh*

How about , and this is just a thought , how about instead of creating food from chemicals and pig lips ..... cut down on the mass production of food , the mass slaughter of animals .... how about cutting back on the sheer waste of food due to greed on a daily basis ?

Peanuts are peanuts , if it was made in a lab it is not a f******g peanut .

There is enough food to feed the whole planet , there is no need to create food from scraps and chemicals .

GMO food will poison , and is already poisoning millions if not billions of people worldwide ..... killing children ...... this is not a guess like yours , it`s a fact -> the pro-GMO crowd are child killers .

As i said to you the other day , remove the wool from your eyes ... your avatar is trying to tell you something.

Read my post history, you will find my "wool" is firmly intact, never to be removed.

You don't even know what you are talking about, trying to say gmo peanuts are made from chemicals and pig lips? You are getting the artificial beef patty mixed up with genetically modified crops. Get on the same page before trying to join a discussion.

You say to cut down on mass production of food but human population is increasing exponentially.
Seems you got a fetish for starving people. Way to misrepresent the atheist segment of the population, the stereotype you are portraying is cold and heartless.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yes, we have a great choice of food here. This is really one of the positive things of the EU and of the deversity of foods and cultures. Since Germany takes care of good food the food in Germany sometimes is better than in the original country. E.g. I was dissapointed, when I ate Greek food in Greece, because the Greek food in Germany is much better.

Of course, we have problems with fraudulent companies here, too. Every six month or so there is a scandal with food. But here the government is following it and criminals will be punished. For GMOs the American government even asked the German ambassador to come by and tell the American government, why the Germans did not want to allow to grow GMO maize in their country.

The answer is, because we, THE PEOPLE, don't want it.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Post more fake medical sites. I don't think you got enough in there.You know Mercola has lost several lawsuits for posting blatantly wrong information right? Natural News is a joke and written by uneducated bloggers.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join