It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two sleeping children strangled by escaped python in Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Omg 2 boys ages 5 and 7 were strangled to death by a python.

They were sleeping at a friends apartment in the small town of Campbellton in Eastern Canada when a large python escaped from a pet store for exotic animals that was located on the ground floor of the apartment building.

wow the snake escaped and crawled through the ventilation shaft into the boys room and strangled them.

Talk about scary, snakes crawling through your vents and strangling your kids sounds like a horror movie..
www.rawstory.com...

An escaped python killed two children in their sleep in eastern Canada, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
wow, that is really horrible, gives me the heebee geebees just thinking about it...sorry, I need to leave this thread, it is so disturbing...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
whoa...that is straight from a horror movie for sure - I feel so bad for the parents of the children & the friend...I can't even imagine...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Your post moved me to post this.
I don't know which is worse, but I think I'd rather be strangled to death.

Check this out

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Those poor kids

I hope they find out how the snake got out to fix it.
My heart goes out to the 2 kids and their family

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
this happened in my home town maybe a block from where i live now, i knew the shop owner and the mother and her kids, they actually live in the house that i grew up in.

the whole town is just in shock and disbelief , the shop owner has had this snake for about 10 years.. he knew how to handle and keep his snakes properly, but sometimes accidents happen, an investigation by the rcmp is going on, but aparently the snake got out and creeped thru the vents.

my friend is hit hard they were his 2 little hommies, there gone now 5yr and 7yr old, these bright warm heart filled minds could of changed this world one way or another.. such a sad freak accident

CBCNews, 2 BOYS STRANGLED BY SNAKE

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Can you imagine being the parents hosting the sleepover? How do you break it to the kids' parents?

Bizarre story, to be sure....and tragic.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I wanna know how the snake got both of them?

I wonder if it had them both at the same time or just went from one to the other

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
When are people going to learn not to mess with nature and its creation. Why would someone want to sell as a pet a snake like that? And what kind of psycho would want to keep at home a Burmese Python? Sick at last...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Clever murder plot parents, but there is one man who is too smart for your antics. The Pet Detective will be arriving shortly to conduct his investigation

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
it turns out that the snake in question is illegal in New Brunswick....

I think someone will be in deep.....! Very sad for the little boys though, I feel for those boy's parents...

link

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
there are thing that are just wrong about this story..i dont believe it, we need more info..i find it implausible that a snake killed 2 children without one or the other waking up and extremley unlikley that i could or would constrict both at the same time..this stinks to high heaven and the more i think bout it i call b.s.
terrible tragedy for the family

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod
there are thing that are just wrong about this story..i dont believe it, we need more info..i find it implausible that a snake killed 2 children without one or the other waking up and extremley unlikley that i could or would constrict both at the same time..this stinks to high heaven and the more i think bout it i call b.s.
terrible tragedy for the family

Just my opinion but.....With the size of this snake, if it crawled to one child and was able to grab a handle around its neck quickly, the poor child would not be able to make a sound....it doesn't take long to pass out in those kind of situations, and then it moved to the other boy.

Or, if they were in the same bed and close to each other....maybe it grabbed both at once....Snakes can be really fast.....

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sorry goou111, I posted my thread after searching and no results came back. It's a horrible thing to happen but I really have a hard time believing this is what happened. I think the police will really investigate this closely. Why does a snake kill 2 humans and not eat them. They generally don't just kill for fun. It got out of it's cage, climbed UP through the vent, broke through the ceiling and strangled 2 children and nobody heard anything. Really? I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It probably wrapped around both of them together, then squeezed their necks, so probably couldn't make a sound...

Found this:

It then fell through the ceiling and dropped onto the small boys from above. He said he believes the snake coiled around both children and crushed them as they slept together on the floor.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 6-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think we are going to find out someone killed these boys. Pythons are really more likely to strike than just strangle 2 people at once in their sleep.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The snake has been put down and a criminal investigation is under way
www.cbc.ca...

Reptile experts are baffled by a python attack in an apartment in New Brunswick that left two young boys dead, with autopsies scheduled for today that hope to shed light into the incident that has led to cautions about exotic pets.

Noah Barthe, 5, and Connor Barthe, 7, were killed by the large African rock python while visiting an apartment upstairs from Reptile Ocean in Campbellton on Monday morning, RCMP say.

Steven Benteau, a spokesman for the Department of Natural Resources, told CBC News on Tuesday that African rock pythons are not permitted under the province's Exotic Wildlife Regulation.

A criminal investigation has been launched.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
live video of the rcmp discussing this case here
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No way did the snake kill the 2 boys. He was hosting a sleepover. I think that man is part of some cult and did this with or without the PTB.....

I have 5 boys and they freak and wake up and start to fight. That snake would never have got away with such a thing.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
No way did the snake kill the 2 boys. He was hosting a sleepover. I think that man is part of some cult and did this with or without the PTB.....

I have 5 boys and they freak and wake up and start to fight. That snake would never have got away with such a thing.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

I don't know about a cult, but it sure does seem fishy that a very large snake could fall through the ceiling and then manage to slither onto not one but 2 boys without waking them up

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join