It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone prove Obama is a dictator?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Cause im about to prove he isn't. He's just incredibly bad at his job.

I posted this as a comment in another thread, but thought it deserved to be discussed on its own merit. I'm kind of curious to see how this thread plays out.

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by sealing

Wishful hate? lol, Obama is a dictator if there ever was one, you or anyone can see it in how he ignores congress, ignores the senate, ignores the bill of rights, and ignores the U.S. constitution! ( On a daily basis)

Am I seriously the only person on earth that's aware of this statistic?

Barrack Obama has served as president from 2009-2013 (the current year at the time this is being written, yielding approximately 4.5 years), and has issued approximately 147 executive orders thus far. 147 divided by the 4.5 years in office yields an annual average of about 33 executive orders per year, while being involved in the winding down of the Iraq War and War in Afghanistan.

That's approximately 33 executive orders per year which gives Obama the title of fewest executive orders per year since the end of World War II.

George W. Bush issued 291 executive orders during his 8 year term, an annual average of about 36 orders per year, which is a bit surprising considering that the United States was involved in two wars during that period.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Obama is a good president. But clearly, he is no more of a dictator than the last guy. And no worse at his job than the last guy. Anyone that looks at these statistics and still thinks he is anymore of a dictator than bush was, is either willfully ignorant or suffering from an extreme case of cognitive dissonance.

Feel free to go to the link below.

www.archives.gov...
edit on 4-8-2013 by blancodiablo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
But by your own math, Obama is catching up pretty fast.

Not many like to admit that this buffoon is a amatuer.

He is more divisive than a healer.

I can't count how many times he has been asked to provide his opinion on local, rather than national matters, and this moron gives it...rather than saying, "I'm the POTUS and I will let local authorities handle that situation. I have more urgent national , not state matters to deal with."

But he keeps on giving his opinion.
Not very professional at all.

And he is as close to a dictator as can come in the U.S. He's not there yet, but I'm sure that he and those that back him have their own ideas.
edit on 4-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
No doubt. He is without question, inept. But the dude is not a dictator. I think that's the part that bothers me the most. Instead of calling the dude out for being an abject failure at every aspect of his presidency, people have decided to use the guy as the official ambassador of fear. They are giving him way too much credit and in doing so, losing sight of the real issue. It's as though people had rather fear him, then stand up and call him an amateur. Hitler was a dictator. Obama is inept. There is a huge difference. Even if most people fail to acknowledge it.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just ask his secretary, I am sure he dictates stuff for her to write down all the time.

Everyone with power has a little dictator in them, it is a prerequisite of the job.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blancodiablo

So you think the quantity of the Executive Order rather than the quality is most important in determining the aspects of a president?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I wouldn't label him as a "dictator", for one, despite what he says in rhetoric his power isn't absolute. I would classify the US as a "soft tyranny".

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm waiting for someone to post a picture of Obama dressed like Hitler...1.....2..............

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes and no. It's tricky. Is Franklin D. Roosevelt considered a dictator for using internment camps? Is Bush considered a dictator for issuing Executive Order 13224? Which gave Executive Branch to block the property of, and prohibits transactions with, persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism. Cause the word "support" is pretty goddamn ambiguous. My point is, lots of presidents issue questionable executive orders. Obama is no exception. But it's not him I fear. Its groups of idiots believing he's a dictator spawning a lone mentally unstable idiot. And that mentally unstable idiot, going and doing something incredibly stupid to Obama and the guy that assumes office in the aftermath of that event, that I fear. The guy that actually finds a practical application for Obama's executive orders and can do so and feel justified, that's who I fear.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I'm waiting for someone to post a picture of Obama dressed like Hitler...1.....2..............

Why? Hitler was a Fascist. Obama would be a Communist if we were to accurately describe his position.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong. He's most certainly picking up where bush left off, setting up the chess board. But if you take issue with it, go stop him. I'll wait.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Obama has core group of haters just like any President. They call him a communist, dictator, muslim, incompatent, divisive etc. However over all he rates in polling as an average US President. Granted he followed a very unpopular President before him which worlks for him but, he also walked into to an economic collape and two wars which hurt him. That is mostly cleaned up now which no doubt in the next election the DNC will advertise everywhere. Of course the real problem for the GOP is not that Obama has managed to weather a complete mess and come out smelling like a rose, the problem is the GOP is a disaster and needs to get its house in order. With Tea Party collapse in the polls the GOP has a small loud group that is dragging the entire party down. That is not a good thing because unless the GOP does something radical it is going become a minority party. That means a long period of DNC control of congress, and the white house and lots of time to appoint judges. Love or hate the DNC that is way to much power for any group. Sooner or later after a GOP collapse a new opposition party more in line with the population will appear but, by that point the damange of one party with to much power will be done.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
He's being used as a tool of fear by tptb, and for all intents and purposes it's working.
Americans are more divided than ever, but more importantly, they've stopped looking at
the banks and corporations as the source of the blame. So that's a win on their behalf.

Never forget; a politician can't speak without a hand up its @$$, and they can't act
without their strings being pulled.

edit on 4-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Obama has the ability and the legal cover to abduct, imprison, torture and kill any citizen of the world INCLUDING one from the USA.

He controls the largest military opressor in the world bar none.

He's admitted to and defended an international, all encompassing spy program, that by any sane person's admittion should be illegal.

There's like a dozen other things that could be listed, which proves Obama is a dictator.

Much like any other POTUS of the last 20 years whose had this unprecendented power, unregulated by the people or the other elected officials.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Glad I could help fire up a thread.
But you missed my quote . Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

The double standard and hypocrisy is out of control when it comes to Obama.
I don't care if people don't like him. You don't even need a valid reason.

But people on ATS are blinded by "something"
when it comes to the president and instead routinely just make s*** up .

To make him fit whatever crap they are trying to push.
When they do, they'll say he's a secret Muslim with a commie agenda
& then are patted on the back by other members and mods.
Truth like research not required.
Mods, are NOT by any stretch, fair and balanced in political forums.
Unless you mean fair and balanced in the FOX way.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Why? Hitler was a Fascist. Obama would be a Communist if we were to accurately describe his position.

I rest my case.

And here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-8-2013 by sealing because: Link

And what about this one?
This is a cut and paste hack designed to make it look like the president
is saying something he isn't . How is that passing for a thread and not hoax?
Oh I know why, but is that even remotely fair?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-8-2013 by sealing because: Links that I could go on and on with..

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Like I said, he's doing shady things. No doubt. But we throw dictator around wayyyy too much. In reality, there is a much better term we could use to encapsulate his questionable and at times unethical decision. President of the United States.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Proof Obama is a dictator in 2 words: Individual Mandate.
Proof Bush was a dictator in 2 words: Patriot Act.

Bush was a more aggressive disctator. Its because of his progress that Obama can take more breaks from constitution shredding.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
First of all, lets see what the oxford dictionary has to say.

Dictator: a ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained control by force.

Oxford Dictionary

Well for starters he doesn't rule with total power. There is the senate, and all the mega corps like Monsanto influencing policy changes.

Secondly, he has not obtained the government by force. So by definition Obama is not a dictator. Some people will beg to differ, and those people should spend a week or two in Zimbabwe to see what a real dictatorship looks like.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would say he's a baw hair away from being a Dictator but at this moment he is closer to being a Dickhead!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Obama has the ability and the legal cover to abduct, imprison, torture and kill any citizen of the world INCLUDING one from the USA.

He controls the largest military opressor in the world bar none.

He's admitted to and defended an international, all encompassing spy program, that by any sane person's admittion should be illegal.

There's like a dozen other things that could be listed, which proves Obama is a dictator.

Much like any other POTUS of the last 20 years whose had this unprecendented power, unregulated by the people or the other elected officials.

~Tenth

You're talking about a Dictator in a Roman sense.

In the Roman Republic the term "Dictator" did not have the negative meaning it has later assumed. Rather, a Dictator was a person given sole power for a specific limited period, in order to deal with an emergency. At the end of his term, the Dictator was supposed to hand power over to the normal Consular rule and give account of his actions – and Roman Dictators usually did.

Every President since George Washington has executed executive orders, and every President after Obama will continue to do the same. They're extremely common practice, especially during times of war and economic downturn. Although there is no constitutional provision or statute that explicitly permits executive orders, there is a vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, and this loophole allows tptb to mold this nation as they see fit from behind the scenes with little to no opposition.

Obama is no oppressive ruler, nor is he different from any other POTUS. He's just a mouthpiece.

edit on 4-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join