It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new "Normal" in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The problem is us.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That is what scares me the most.

I remember my Father.... God I loved him so much... but he used to say the constitution was everything. It was the reason for all the things he did, no matter what that constitution for him was second only to the laws of God, a God who did not oppose the constitution. It was not money for him, it was nothing else but that constitution.

He thought he was doing something good.... but one day he said, get ready, things are changing, and it is not for the better

I think I was 17 then.... he would die (if he could twice) if he saw what we have done to this nations constitution...
edit on 2-8-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

People are not born equal, nobody is equal. Someone is better or worse than you at everything, nobodies the same.

I agree hard work should be rewarded, but someone's reward should not be another's detriment.

Lots of people work very hard and there is no 'rewards' for them, I bet you know a few.

Stealing doesn't count as hard work either...

Pred...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Hard times, dark times are coming. That's unavoidable.

We are going to fall.

But it is not how we fall that defines us. It is what we do after we get back up that does.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There are times when all I can do is hang my head in sadness and agree.
This is one of those times.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by neo96

People are not born equal, nobody is equal. Someone is better or worse than you at everything, nobodies the same.

I agree hard work should be rewarded, but someone's reward should not be another's detriment.

Lots of people work very hard and there is no 'rewards' for them, I bet you know a few.

Pred...

Would you agree that we had a common foe, though? Even though our views may differ in degree, would you agree that we could stand for values. Liberty. Freedom?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Will we have any sense then I wonder? People will rise after the fall with plans and speaking of a type of salvation.... but which one will we be listening to?

Will we listen to the ones who want freedom etc? Or the ones who will enslave or absorb us....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Pred...

I have had enough of the social engineers trying to change the environment to suit the individual anyone who has paid attention knows what an exercise in futility that is..

A person has the ability and the capacity to adapt they EVOLVE, and I am sick and tired of people 'well that is someone else's fault'.

It peaves me off to no end.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The New "Normal" seems to be people over-reacting to things that have always been and saying they are the "new normal".

Really, the only thing missing from the OP was a "Thanks Obama" meme picture.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
reply to post by beezzer

The New "Normal" seems to be people over-reacting to things that have always been and saying they are the "new normal".

I dont think OP is overacting. If you think Big Government and even Bigger Debt is going to "sustain" us to utopia, you have another thing coming.......

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

There are going to be those that support the new "Normal".

Case in point.

But how it affects you some day may change your opinion.

We'll welcome you then.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

Will we have any sense then I wonder? People will rise after the fall with plans and speaking of a type of salvation.... but which one will we be listening to?

Will we listen to the ones who want freedom etc? Or the ones who will enslave or absorb us....

We will be the creators of our own salvation.

Or the creators of our own downfall.

What legacy do you want to leave?

I think a good test of that is what would people say at your funeral.

Would they say (s)he tried?

Or would they say (s)he stayed with the status quo?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

reply to post by beezzer

I dont think OP is overacting. If you think Big Government and even Bigger Debt is going to "sustain" us to utopia, you have another thing coming.......

When haven't we had big government or big debt?

Explain to me how these are considered "new normal"?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You and I? Sure. We do.

But, there are people out there who don't care, and those people who don't care have no empathy, so by stepping on everyone, they have made it to the top. We have allowed them to get there, so we will have to take them down.

You also have to remember there are quite a few unintelligent people out there that will fall for the things these people preach. I also believe we cannot make these people learn, they are willingly ignorant and will fight tooth and nail to keep the status quo.

So, not only do people with ethics have to fight the people without, we have to fight people who blindly follow and become accustomed to these conditions.

It's a tough fight.

Think about all those people that defend their psychotic gods...

Pred...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

You and I? Sure. We do.

But, there are people out there who don't care, and those people who don't care have no empathy, so by stepping on everyone, they have made it to the top. We have allowed them to get there, so we will have to take them down.

You also have to remember there are quite a few unintelligent people out there that will fall for the things these people preach. I also believe we cannot make these people learn, they are willingly ignorant and will fight tooth and nail to keep the status quo.

So, not only do people with ethics have to fight the people without, we have to fight people who blindly follow and become accustomed to these conditions.

It's a tough fight.

Think about all those people that defend their psychotic gods...

Pred...

Those that defend their psychotic gods will also stand shoulder to shoulder with you to defend your rights.

Isn't that fair?

Of course we will have those that WANT the status quo. Personally, OpinionatedB had it right. We are outnumbered.

But when has that ever stopped someone from fighting for what is right?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Um what wealth was redistributed unless you mean from the poor to be poorer and the middle class disappearing wealth into the pockets of the wealthy?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Who is this common enemy people keep talking about?

I saw one vague attempt at defining it...but that seems to be the biggest problem I see in this thread.

The fact is there is no common enemy, just a lot of people pissed off at their lives and want to lash out at an "enemy".

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Tell me. Do you think the balloon cant burst? 16 trillion in debt isn't something to worry about ? I guess the "new normal" is to close your eyes and make believe it isn't going to affect you.

edit on 2-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Tell me. Do you think the balloon is cant burst? 16 trillion in debt isn't something to worry about ? I guess the "new normal" is to close your eyes and make believe it isn't going to affect you.

I think these are not "new" normals at all..they are exactly how things have been for almost the entire existence of this country.

For some odd reason, people seem angry about it now.

You didn't seem to answer my questions...when was the last time we didn't have big government or big debt?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by beezzer

Um what wealth was redistributed unless you mean from the poor to be poorer and the middle class disappearing wealth into the pockets of the wealthy?

I am speaking specifically about those that wish to punish success.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join