It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martins parents continue to perpetuate half truths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I do sympathize with them, that they are grieving parents who lost a child but they are now continuing to politicize their sons death with a bunch of half truths with this petition on change.org

www.change.org... 2&alert_id=NzBrxhyMpk_HOcvouXlyY

Last year, our son Trayvon Martin was stalked, chased down and killed by George Zimmerman, and Zimmerman faced no punishment whatsoever. That's in large part because Florida is one of at least 21 states with some form of 'Stand Your Ground' law, which enables people like George Zimmerman to claim self-defense.

Zimmerman was found not guilty because your SON attacked him, something that continues to be left out of these arguments.

We're calling on 21 governors whose states have some form of 'Stand Your Ground' laws to review those laws and amend them so that people who instigate conflicts -- people like George Zimmerman -- won't be able to use these laws to get away with murder. 'Stand Your Ground' was never meant to give aggressors the opportunity to get away with murder, but that is what happened when our son, Trayvon Benjamin Martin was killed. After Trayvon's death, law enforcement used the law as an excuse to refuse to arrest George Zimmerman. Even worse, the jury in the case was instructed to think of what Zimmerman did as self-defense, even though Zimmerman ignored instructions from the police and instigated conflict with our son, who was just trying to get home to his father.

The evidence points to the aggressor being....TRAYVON MARTIN.

If you want to argue Zimmerman may have racially profiled him, I wont fight you on that. if you want to argue Zimmerman started the fight, was the aggressor, and shouldn't have a gun, well you're wrong

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Considering SYG or Stand Your Ground laws had nothing to do with the case I would say they are pushing more than half truths how about full blown lies.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

If you want to argue Zimmerman may have racially profiled him, I wont fight you on that. if you want to argue Zimmerman started the fight, was the aggressor, and shouldn't have a gun, well you're wrong

To be honest, Zimmerman seems like he profiled him based on age more than anything. So you could call him "ageist" for sure. But not racist, you have to leave that to describe Martin as he called him a cracker.

I don't really blame him for being ageist either seeing as the recent home invasion in his neighbourhood was by a teen who got off because of how young they were...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Agreed. The crusade against "Stand Your Ground" is like watching someone get hit by a bus, so you go start a crusade to outlaw motorbikes. I mean.. HUH?! Where does this crap even come from? .......long term agenda with opportunity presenting itself.
That's where.

They're about as genuine on their arguments as a $3 Bill.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
yeah this is what i don't get, how does this fit stand your ground? this is self defense

what should Zimmerman have done once Martin started beating the crap out of him? nothing?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So how does he run away to safety with their son holding him down. They actually don't understand the whole thing.

edit on 8/1/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/1/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

His parents seem to be campaigning and nothing more they obviously aren’t interested in the truth. I doubt this is there idea so I bet there is some group or groups that are spurring them on to push these lies.

Let’s face it Martin was no angel and didn’t his mom straw purchase a handgun for him.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Zim stalked Martin. TRUTH
Zim exited his vehicle to initiate pursuit/face-to-face confrontation. TRUTH
Zim shot and killed Martin. TRUTH

Where did the parents exaggerate?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Martin assaulted Zimmerman first, and continued the beatdown. TRUTH. which was left out of your post.

Questioning someone who isn't from your neighborhood after a string of burglaries is NOT stalking, and is NOT against the law.

Assaulting someone IS against the law

We can argue whether Zimmerman should have minded his own business, sure.
but this never escalates if Martin doesn't assault anyone either
edit on 1-8-2013 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I think its what is called "setting the stage"

Strip down to the bone, fill in the cracks, fresh clean paint job
Kerchingg

COMPENSATION

LARGE cache of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the bank

No need to ever work again ... Job done

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

"Martin assaulted Zimmerman first, and continued the beatdown. TRUTH. which was left out of your post." This is speculation. This is NOT truth and only one possibility. It's Zimmerman's word vs no one. No one saw the total fight, no one saw the first hit passed. The witnesses only saw when Travon got the upper hand. Just because Trayvon was winning didnt mean he was the aggressor.

"Questioning someone who isn't from your neighborhood after a string of burglaries is NOT stalking, and is NOT against the law." Actually if you listen to the tapes, it was TRAYVON who questioned Zimmerman, "why are you following me?" Not the other way around. It was then that the phone was dropped and a scuffle was heard. It's very possible that Zimmerman freaked out, assaulted Trayvon first, causing the phone to drop, and then trayvon gained the upper hand.

"Assaulting someone IS against the law" True. The unproven first assailant is the reason Zimmerman was found not guilty. NOT that Trayvon was proven to assault Zimmerman first. You have the law confused.

"We can argue whether Zimmerman should have minded his own business, sure.
but this never escalates if Martin doesn't assault anyone either" or if Zimmerman doesnt assault anyone either as well.

Too many people on both sides are replacing their own personal bias and speculation as fact.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentk9

"Martin assaulted Zimmerman first, and continued the beatdown. TRUTH. which was left out of your post." This is speculation. This is NOT truth and only one possibility. It's Zimmerman's word vs no one. No one saw the total fight, no one saw the first hit passed. The witnesses only saw when Travon got the upper hand. Just because Trayvon was winning didnt mean he was the aggressor.

So you think it's possible Zimmerman assaulted a minor, when he knew police were on the way....ok....i guess that's "possible"

how many injuries were found on Martin compared to Zimmerman? Trayvon was no saint either, he was a troubled teenager who had a history of bad decision making

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

So you think it's possible Zimmerman assaulted a minor, when he knew police were on the way....ok....i guess that's "possible"

how many injuries were found on Martin compared to Zimmerman? Trayvon was no saint either, he was a troubled teenager who had a history of bad decision making

Lets start off with the fact that he was shot dead by Zimmerman. Who does not seem to be the most stable of men. And then let's remember that he was chased by Zimmerman, against orders from the police. Oh and yes, I can believe that Zimmerman assaulted a minor.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

If it was that simple, Zimmerman would be in jail.

Fact is my friend, if Zimmerman wanted Martin dead, then he would have shot him at a distance.

He didn't though, did he?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
reply to post by DaTroof

Martin assaulted Zimmerman first, and continued the beatdown. TRUTH. which was left out of your post.

Totally unproven, just because you want it to be so does not make it so. Truth.
As of today only one person and God know exactly what happened that night. All you are doing is spreading your own half truths. The only thing the verdict said was the State of Florida did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman committed a crime.

top topics

join