It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to close embassies over security fears

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes, the U.S. said yesterday that it would affect all embassies in the Middle East.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

This has NOTHING to do with the embassies closing down, but nonetheless it's pretty interesting.

It is interesting... to say the least... I would suggest that it deserves its own thread on its own merits, so that ATSers can focus on it as the topic deserves.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Already made one!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I just have a feeling the USA is going to poke the hornets nest in Syria and is expecting a backlash.

Especialy since they just there Isreal Embassy. I mean they dont do this because of a few threats, it has to be something BIG.

To be honnest I wish they would just get it over and done with.

No matter what us plebs think on how wrong it is TPTB want to do it and they will reguardless of popular opinion so they may as well just hurry up and do it.
edit on 2-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Well, I'm sure the countries they're considering removing the Embassy are countries I likely never wanted to travel too anyways...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They aren't removing or permanently closing any embassies. Embassy services in the Muslim world are normally open on Sunday since that is a normal workday.

This isn't the first time a Embassy/Embassy's have closed due to "security concerns".

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
I just have a feeling the USA is going to poke the hornets nest in Syria and is expecting a backlash.

Especialy since they just there Isreal Embassy. I mean they dont do this because of a few threats, it has to be something BIG.

To be honnest I wish they would just get it over and done with.

No matter what us plebs think on how wrong it is TPTB want to do it and they will reguardless of popular opinion so they may as well just hurry up and do it.
edit on 2-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

I understand what you are saying. This Syrian tragedy just seems to go on and on and the poor innocent people who are just trying to live, are living in terror and there lives and existence will be changed forever. Refugees are flowing into neighboring countries like Jordan and Turkey.

But the reason I feel the U.S. does not need to take the lead (we can back-door activities and provide intelligence and weapons) but this is a geographical issue. Its about time the neighborhood in the area step in and finally do 'SOMETHING' to stop this! The U.S. always gets slammed for trying to overtly help, covertly I'm ok with, but for once, I'd like to see, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia take the lead to stamp out these tragic abuses right in their neighborhood.

Let's face it, and let's just put the known cards on the table. Our World's most terror/atrocities are happening in the Middle East. They are primarily being led by a fanatical Islamic group of thugs who have distorted the teachings of the Koran, and the terror and constant threat of war, terrorist actions (blowing up embassy's, consulates and innocent people won't stop, Look what the Islamic Muslim terrorist did to that poor little girl in Pakistan by shooting her in the face/head just because she wanted to go to school, learn and improve her life.

Part, I say again Part of the problem is that we are dealing with thugs, criminals that live in lands that are so far behind in Education, equal rights and are driven by religious beliefs that in the name of Allah give them the right to kill innocent people, just because someone has an altering opinion or disagrees. I know this sounds rough, but the facts are that we are dealing with an ignorant, uneducated major population of people that rule their masses by fear and intimidation of cutting your head, hands, legs off or killing your whole family bacause you simply want to have your daughter go to school and learn.

I realize I am over-simplifying a lot of this, but the you have the Israeli and Palestinian conflict. Bottom line, Israel does not want peace, no sooner after meeting with Sec'ty Kerry to generate 9 months of peace talks, within 48 hours of agreeing to it, the Israeli representative states that they will break off the discussions in 30 days (this is even before they start, Israel is already telegraphing it does not want peace and will use any little issue to stop the discussion.) The oppression, fear and just inhuman lifestyle that is forced upon the innocent people of Palestine is a crime and we only hear one side. So again, the Middle East has many problems, but it is the countries in the region, there own neighborhood that should be trying to resolve this.

Unfortunately, I do not see any resolution or stabilization of the evil, terror and constant threat of specific attacks throughout the region. Our administration has said Al-Queda is a shadow of itself, well how big is that shadow. It appears it is growing bigger everyday. There will be no peace until a concerted effort by the majority of the countries in the region begin to step up and solve their geographical problems

Also, since there are so many mis-directions happening, we haven't even begun to discuss Africa. It is slowly being taken over by Islamic/Muslim terror groups. In addition, China is playing a silent but very direct role in assisting these groups for the sole purpose to secure the major oil reserves and natural resources that exist.

Pehaps it is time for the U.S. to reevaluate its foreign policy and stop sending billions of dollars to Pakistan, Egypt and Israel and let them solve their own problems. Why do we need to be there. Once we finalize the agreement with Afganistan to leave and provide some defined help, we should remove ourselves from an overt postion and move into a very deep dark covert position. We do not belong there. However, unlike the debacle, the disgraceful reaction from the Obama administration on the attack in Benghazi, which is almost a year ago, and their has been no tangible response to bring those Islamic/Muslim terrorist to justice, anytime our Foreign operations are attacked, we should have an immediate devasting military response and destroy these people. And use the tactic that some of our friends in the M.E.always use. ' We are looking into the incident, we'll report back, it never happens!!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends
I'd like to see, the UK

HELL NO!

The UK has done more than enough!

It has given its pound of flesh with the USA.

Look somewere else!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oh boy, worldwide travel alert. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I think there are some "read between the lines" points in your post, or I am just nuts because this has me freaked out, but I agree.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

I think there are some "read between the lines" points in your post, or I am just nuts because this has me freaked out, but I agree.

Thank you, and I would agree that i tried to just spell out a 'broad' view with some specific examples. However, it is complicated and many things happening that you and I just don't know about....so those are the 'read between the lines' points.

I am going to just try and post a visualization of some of what i am discussing shortly.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yep here is another thread on the World Wide Travel Alert, just did it for me. Oh boy
edit on 2-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

I'd like to see, the UK

HELL NO!

The UK has done more than enough!

It has given its pound of flesh with the USA.

Look somewere else!

Well, i can understand your nationalistic point of view....you feel you've done enough. I'm afraid my friend, as the migration of muslims continue to migrate to your country, and they regard you as the enemy....putting your head in the sand will only lead to your slow demise.

Absolutely, the UK has done so much to help. I am just suggesting that your neighbors, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Greece, all of the countries involved in your thriving Euro consortium get more involved in a unified way to help work on the problems very close to your region......they have (Islamic terrorist Muslims) made their pilgrimage to Europe and the UK specifically.....it will continue to grow. To do nothing, to not recognize what their plan is (there way only) is simply denial. Better to do 'something' as a unified Europe than to be slowly taken over within and then finally destroyed. This is not a "one" country problem, it is a world problem of the civilized people of the world. I assume you would agree that the UK fits into this category. And again, I am not asking the UK or any one country to act alone.....we need a concerted effort by multiple nations/countries to change this world of terror we live. One of the dearest quotes of the revolutionary war between a young America and the world dominating United Kingdom was: "Live Free or Die", over 250 years ago...it rings no truer than today! Peace my friend!!

edit on 2-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

edit on 2-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Very well thought out response!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Thank you, and I would agree that i tried to just spell out a 'broad' view with some specific examples. However, it is complicated and many things happening that you and I just don't know about....so those are the 'read between the lines' points.

I am going to just try and post a visualization of some of what i am discussing shortly.

Take a look, here is the part of the World that we are talking about. Just look at the maps closely, look at the regions where the majority of the Islamic/Muslim population extends. I am not trying to spread fear, just trying to share some information. A picture says a thousand words.

You can see clearly the problem areas in the Middle East and parts of Norther Africa (Egypt, Libya,and keep a big eye on the Sudan). Then you have all of the hot beds of terror activity, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkey, Syria.....and it is all moving slowly and methodically Eastward....toward Europe. I also find it interesting how both China and Russia seem to 'directly' appear not to be involved, clearly they have 'covert' operations fueling, assisting the efforts of the terrorists for resources. Just my look at things.....any comments, observatons?

edit on 2-8-2013 by ItDepends because: S + F added, an interesting question, worth further and deeper discussion, but a great start

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here is a list provided by the State Department of the embassies being closed on the 4th;
travel.state.gov...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I also find it interesting how both China and Russia seem to 'directly' appear not to be involved

That was what I meant by between the lines

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I also find it interesting how both China and Russia seem to 'directly' appear not to be involved

That was what I meant by between the lines

Well, Russia has their fair share of muslim extremism problems. Not nearly as much as anyone else, but it's there. China though? Yeah, I doubt they're facing that problem.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
While they're at it, they should pull troops out of Afghanistan, any troops remaining in Irag, and all other troops stationed overseas. We're funneling way too much money overseas for foreign aid, and for wars and conflicts that do nothing but to help gain influence for the U.S. government and their secret agendas. If we continue with these conflicts and stick our nose in other foreign countries, we'll eventually cause the economic collapse of the U.S., if it's not happening already! It's time we protect our own borders and not foreign borders under the notion its for the protection of the United States. It's time foreign countries take care of their own internal and neighboring conflicts. The U.S. government has for too long ignored their own people and the economic health of this country.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Seriously? You too?

Yes, let's leave them open, so that the hundreds of innocent people trying to get in to conduct whatever business they need to can be killed if there's an attack, just so we don't appear weak. By all means, let's add to the almost 300 people killed in attacks on embassies and consulates since 1998. All so "they don't win" or "we don't appear weak".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join